• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Taco Bell is adding wings (the bad bone-in kind) to their menu again on January 26th 2023

Wow, really. Like a spicy chicken burger? I thought the US menu was likely way bigger than ours
Our menu is like drumsticks and breasts and various combos mixing those, and sides like mashed potatoes and biscuits and such. Recently they expanded to doing chicken sandwiches to try and catch Chick Fil-A's fad, but it doesn't look like quite the same thing as the zinger. And they've started going hard on doing mac and cheese bowls. And that's basically it.

It's like A&W. My friends up in Canada love it so I went to a local one the other day and took a picture of the menu and they messaged back asking where all the good stuff was. 🤣

Our menu is like drumsticks and breasts and various combos mixing those, and sides like mashed potatoes and biscuits and such. Recently they expanded to doing chicken sandwiches to try and catch Chick Fil-A's fad, but it doesn't look like quite the same thing as the zinger. And they've started going hard on doing mac and cheese bowls. And that's basically it.

It's like A&W. My friends up in Canada love it so I went to a local one the other day and took a picture of the menu and they messaged back asking where all the good stuff was. 🤣
I guess we don’t have quite the same amount of ‘signature chicken burger’ chains here, although some of them are starting to appear! Our KFC doesn’t do mashed potato and biscuits either (I’m guessing this is the US savoury biscuit).

I guess we don’t have quite the same amount of ‘signature chicken burger’ chains here, although some of them are starting to appear! Our KFC doesn’t do mashed potato and biscuits either (I’m guessing this is the US savoury biscuit).
Yes, the US fluffy savory biscuits (I think a variant of what yall call scones).

This is like the base KFC offerings here:

new-20-fill-up-promotion-features-spread-of-kfc-chicken-biscuits-mashed-potatoes-at-kentucky-fried-chicken-1-max.jpg

Yes, the US fluffy savory biscuits (I think a variant of what yall call scones).

This is like the base KFC offerings here:

new-20-fill-up-promotion-features-spread-of-kfc-chicken-biscuits-mashed-potatoes-at-kentucky-fried-chicken-1-max.jpg
For some reason my brain couldn’t parse the colonel’s bow tie under ‘chicken’, read it as a ‘pi’ symbol and then started going
‘bucket of chicken pies’ :D

Looks good. Hungry now…

For some reason my brain couldn’t parse the colonel’s bow tie under ‘chicken’, read it as a ‘pi’ symbol and then started going
‘bucket of chicken pies’ :D

Looks good. Hungry now…
Well then you aughta run to Taco Bell 👀

Well all this talk about Taco Bell and KFC has me hungry.

So naturally I find myself at Popeyes.

I'm a European self-confessed food snob and most chain fast food is utter garbage (especially the likes of MacDonalds and Subway) but I do have a soft spot for a zinger burger, the bun is terrible of course but that spicy coating hits the spot.
You septics are missing out.

Update: I did get the taco, and it's pretty good! Insanely greasy though, like I had to wash my hands immediately after.

Hell yeah, that sounds amazing. This is starting to feel like an event. I'll probably report back with my own impressions tomorrow.
Update: I had two of them for dinner last night. Here's a pic I took of one of 'em.

I know it doesn't look like much. Upon unwrapping it, I was unimpressed, and bracing myself in case of mid. However: what followed were two extremely pleasing Taco Bell tacos. The shredded beef is well seasoned and yummy, and the crunch is satisfying. Double dipping this mofo into the cheese and red sauce results in a delightful bite each time. As long as you like Taco Bell, I feel like you can't go wrong with these. You are getting a mouthful of saucy goodness each time (hold up).

Just one thing: comparing my pic to @BotenAnna's (in post #67) has me feeling like they didn't properly "grill" the entire shell on mine. Hers looks more grilled cheese-y. Mine's kinda half done. I just knew there was something wrong when mine didn't feel greasy at all! I totally could've eaten these things in the car without any mess. While I was seated in the restaurant, I overheard an employee telling another that he hated making these tacos, no joke. They're a pain in the ass, apparently.

I almost wanted to get two more, but actual brain sense thankfully won out over sheer goblin hunger. I'll definitely be picking up a couple more at some point before the promotional period ends, though. Solid 9/10, with a perfect score out of reach due to their price point (plus the fact that the ones I got weren't as good as they could've been). Well done, TB.

Just one thing: comparing my pic to @BotenAnna's (in post #67) has me feeling like they didn't properly "grill" the entire shell on mine. Hers looks more grilled cheese-y. Mine's kinda half done. I just knew there was something wrong when mine didn't feel greasy at all! I totally could've eaten these things in the car without any mess. While I was seated in the restaurant, I overheard an employee telling another that he hated making these tacos, no joke. They're a pain in the ass, apparently.
Much like the grilled cheese burrito, it looks like there's high location variance on the way the cheese/grill is being applied. I didn't personally get any more, but somebody I live with went and got them and they were literally top to bottom drenched in cheese and grilled to the point of cracking apart from my local. A friend on discord had a similar experience to yours. I've hit borderline raw Grilled Cheese Burritos before too, so there's probably some pain the ass process on this where somebody (understandably) isn't going to deal with that mess. I'm glad to know that the taste held up for you regardless, I feel as long as the dipping part is "well done" you're probably getting the intended effect.

Welp.

I got the box, but oddly it only comes with one of these, despite giving you two very full sauce cups. But lo, I am further the fool, because I added a cup of lava sauce to the ordeal, at the surcharge of a full dollar, only to receive 1/5th of a full cup. Even the burrito had a tear in it.

All in all, not an ideal purchase for $11+. Tasted alright at least.

Oh snap, Taco Bell is offering to give me a new taco!

So mine had melted cheese busting out the seams and they went hog wild with the jalapeno cream sauce..

kbMilZA.jpg

..so basically, Taco Bell knows how I like it. Also the shredded beef was a nice step up from their typical fare and the red dipping sauce was a great compliment to the whole thing.

I will admit though, there were some diminishing returns going on. The first few bites surprised me with the flavor, but then I got less and less interested as I went along. Probably not something I'll order again but I'm definitely happy to see them experiment a little further past the "same ingredients but rearranged" thing they're known for.

Once again filled with torpor this isn’t a promo in Canada. Canadians like it nasty too. Bring it to the people, corps

Back
Top Bottom