• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Taco Bell is adding wings (the bad bone-in kind) to their menu again on January 26th 2023

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
211222073246-02-taco-bell-new-menu-chicken-wings-super-tease.jpg

Why?

Bone-in wings are a complete waste of food, the bones take over a solid chunk of the meat, meaning you lose a bunch of food that you could save by getting boneless.
These ones are a bit cleaner to eat than standard bone-in ones, though. as they're using a Queso seasoning rather than a sauce.
You also only have one week to try them, presumably because they want to avoid another McDonalds disaster.

In related Taco Bell news, they have added a much better trio of new menu items that are available right now. The Chipotle Cheddar Chalupa
Taco-Bell-Introduces-New-Chipotle-Cheddar-Chalupa-678x381.jpg

The Wild Strawberry Island Berry Freeze, and the Blue Raspberry Island Berry Freeze.
Taco-Bell-Pours-New-Island-Berry-Freeze-678x381.jpg

Bone-in wings are a complete waste of food, the bones take over a solid chunk of the meat, meaning you lose a bunch of food that you could save by getting boneless.
This is the absolute strangest argument against bone-in wings I've ever seen, and I'm a guy that both likes boneless wings and high value food. Wings aren't sold by volume my guy. Of course, wingless ends up being cheaper for other reasons but still lol.

Oh, I hate this though:
You can find the new Chipotle Cheddar Chalupa at participating locations nationwide for a limited time starting December 23, 2021 while supplies last.
No. There's nothing to run out of, these use entirely standard ingredients. I get why LTOs exist, but if these have an end date not dictated by supplies, just tell me what it is.

These ones are a bit cleaner to eat than standard bone-in ones, though. as they're using a Queso seasoning rather than a sauce.
Can we get a mod in here?/jk

Seriously though, boneless wings have never been able to match bone-In wings in terms of flavor or quality. Bone-In is just superior.

Boneless wings are just chicken nuggets, sometimes not even with real meat. At least cheap bone in can approximate something real.

Seriously though, boneless wings have never been able to match bone-In wings in terms of flavor or quality. Bone-In is just superior.

I was a staunch boneless supporter in my late teens, early twenties. I've since wisened up - bone-in is just superior. Especially the wingettes; It's just so easy to pick them clean.

Also can I just say, Taco Bell is arriving here in Australia, and I fear it's just not going to live up. I'm already seeing they just use some 'zesty ranch' on half the menu items and I'm disgusted. Takeaway doesn't include any options for me to get hot/fire sauces or anything similar.

I think both of them serve different purposes and have different tastes, which, to be blunt, I like equally but for different reasons. Also, as I have found out from my dad, trying to eat bone-in without teeth... Let's just say wasn't a fun experience for him. 😅

When I'm broke and/or drunk, nothing at all. But sometimes I like biting into something I know didn't start as a slurry.
Maybe I've had too much Matrix on the brain lately, but this has serious Cypher-biting-into-the -steak vibes. 😂

I like bone-in wings, but why would I get them from Taco Bell?

Many people will probably ask themselves the same thing

Also, if you think bone-in wings are somehow wasting meat, it sounds like you don't know how to eat them...

The discourse is real
Bone in wings are superior. This is Famiboards canon.
I love boneless wings too, honestly.
Not a good sign when the mods are disagreeing like this.

Needless to say, the bone-in enjoyers are wrong. There's zero extra flavor from ordering them like that, and not only do the bones get in the way of the delicious meat, they make a huge mess from everything (including your hands) getting covered in sauce.
Not to mention the lower cost on top of avoiding those drawbacks!

Do you people deliberately choose to eat the poor frozen microwavable ones too, because the bones are just that "good"?
spicy-classic-fried-chicken-14698.png

Also, describing boneless as a "slurry". Really? Everyone knows the pink slime thing is an urban legend. It's fresh chicken every step of the way! (y)

Not a good sign when the mods are disagreeing like this.

Needless to say, the bone-in enjoyers are wrong. There's zero extra flavor from ordering them like that, and not only do the bones get in the way of the delicious meat, they make a huge mess from everything (including your hands) getting covered in sauce.
Not to mention the lower cost on top of avoiding those drawbacks!

Do you people deliberately choose to eat the poor frozen microwavable ones too, because the bones are just that "good"?
spicy-classic-fried-chicken-14698.png

Also, describing boneless as a "slurry". Really? Everyone knows the pink slime thing is an urban legend. It's fresh chicken every step of the way! (y)
There’s no discourse, boneless wings are also good, but actual wings are the superior choice.

Bone-In wings are actual, real delicious meat. Boneless aren’t wings at all and only exist so adults can feel good about ordering nuggets. Nothing wrong with nuggets in a vacuum, in fact nuggets are quite good, but they aren’t as good as wings. Quality (bone) over quantity (boneless)

Bone in wings means they are closest to fat and muscle. That means with good marinating, sauce, dry rub or seasoning it will make for a very good tasting chicken.

I always prefer boneless until I found actual good wings.

But to your point, Taco Bell of all companies getting into the wing business is sad. They are probably going to be awful, but it's just Taco Bell trying to be the ultimate stoner food joint. Next just throw sliders and then add pizza back onto the menu and then let people put whatever they want on their food throughout the food categories and take notes on more stoner snack food, then they won fast food.

Don't trust this. I remember when Taco Bell added shrimp to their menu and I hit up some shrimp tacos after a night at the pub. I spent the next day in hell in the bathroom.

uh OP bone in wings are the only good wings. Though I prefer flats over drums.

The garbage wings have arrived
Yep, it's time.
IdsXARR.jpg

The good news is that the seasoning and the spicy ranch sauce is great!
The bad news is that yes, these are indeed bone-in wings. So that means dealing with the utterly worthless bones that do nothing but get in the way of the meat. Imagine how fulfilling these would be if they went boneless~

Taco Bell has certainly done some good boneless fried chicken before. Once by doing chicken strips, and the second time by turning the taco shell itself into chicken.
taco-bell-crispy-chicken-gostrips-test.jpg
sub-buzz-22981-1485457470-14.png

So it shouldn't be unreasonable for them to take the seasoning they made for these "wings" and apply it to the real good stuff.

I hope OP is okay. Twitter is memeing the wings

I found them to be fine. The only thing preventing me from recommending them is the price.

People meme Taco Bell for this all the time; I've never had a problem personally.

In my experience the Arby’s boneless wings were pretty decent and cheap. Though it probably helps that Arby’s owns Buffalo Wild Wings.

looks like they do have flats, so I will be trying these

No, the wings aren't going to give you diarrhea.
I hope OP is okay. Twitter is memeing the wings

(old jokes)
Of course i'm fine, i just threw the wings out after taking the pic!

But seriously, the "Taco Bell will destroy your asshole XD" jokes are embarrassing and overdone.
and just because they made the boneheaded decision of selling bone-in food, it's not formulated any differently than the rest of their items.

This has real "ports take dev time off real games" energy

That being said, taco bell has earned my graces

Boneful > boneless any day though. I fucking love boney wings.

I found out I had lost my sense of taste from covid because of these, and I'm kinda glad. Apparently I'm better off having never tasted them, but I still get the credit of surviving them.

Boneless wings are just nuggets you boneless wing savages out there.

I’ll die on this hill. I like nuggets, but they are nuggets. Wings have bones and rule. The conflation of the two is a bastardization of modern civilization.

This account is banned permanently on the basis of it being made for advertising and/or self-promotion, which is against site rules. If you believe this is done in error, please appeal the ban through the tickets system. -Derachi, Irene, PixelKnight
I had never really thought about food intolerance before. Still, about a year ago, I started having some really strange symptoms after eating taco bell wings. I would get bloated and gassy, and sometimes my stomach hurt so badly I would have to go to the bathroom. I tried to ignore it, but it started happening more often, and I finally decided to go to the doctor. And after a test from (Mod Edit: Link Removed), I discovered that due to their wings, I started to have problems with digestion.

If I’m getting fast food, i want something I can consume while on the move. Bone-in wings are a sit-down food item and thus not suited for the american drive-thru lifestyle.

I'm a boneless wings person. Yeah, it's fine that they're basically an excuse to have nuggets. I like 'em anyway. Holy crap though, we're certainly in the minority, Krvavi.

the few times I've had boneless wings they have been terrible

every time I have bone-in wings they are pretty good

ergo

Back
Top Bottom