• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion SWOLED Buyers - White or Neon?

Which model are you getting?

• White

Votes: 66 79.5%
  • Neon Blue / Red

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Neither but I am still here so let me vote

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters

totofogo

thinkin bt pkmn 4
Pronouns
he/him 🏳️‍🌈
With the launch of the Switch OLED today, I'm curious what model everyone is picking up!

Personally, I'm going White since the neon feels too iterative. Seems that White is going to be pretty hard to find stock wise due to demand, I'm curious how distribution was split.

White. I love white versions of portable devices. iPod (back in the day), DS Lite, white iPhones, etc. So glad we now have White joycons

White! I have matching red/blue Joy-Con sets and a Skyward Sword set, so why would I pay more money for Joy-Con I already own?

Besides, how else will I show off on the train that I have the new hotness?

I proudly admit that the white joycons are about 80% of my motivation to get the switch oled . the other features are just a bonus .

When I do get a OLED I will get the White one and pair it with Neon purple and Neon orange joycons. White dock with purple and orange joycons will look good in my setup.

Last edited:
Mine looks like this to me:
white-peacock.gif

It blows my mind that anyone would choose the Neon this time around, the white is so gorgeous

Didn’t like the neon for the OG already and thus chose the grey ones. So I picked the white OLED and it looks gorgeous!

I’m not upgrading, but I’d pick the white if I were. I never really liked the neon red and blue joycons to begin with, and the white ones look very nice. I wish they were sold on their own! But I’m guessing they’ll never be available outside buying the white OLED.

I got the white model. Although I am worried in a couple of years it will look grimey lol

I think I would prefer White but Neon was what was available on Amazon earlier today so I went with that.

White. Fits nicely with my PS5 AND my interior design (which is basically black/white with some wood elements).

White. The Neon JoyCons aren't exactly to my usual taste, especially because of the color mix & match without much reason. So white it was + with the Skyward JoyCon Set having the right one be the MS, the dock would kinda look like the sword's blade, which is a nice touch.

Had ordered both to compare in person. The white is kinda grey / off-white, didn’t like the look of the dock. So I kept the black dock. This said, I use the Mario red joy con with it.

If I was gonna buy one it'd be the white version. Never was into the red/blue in the first place honestly.

I got the white because I had the neon one of the old version, and just wanted a change.
Also, my whole living room has kind of a nordic style and I though It would look better than the black one

it does

I've bought the Neon set because I like the black dock more. I have not used the included joy-con set and am planning to sell them. I'll keep using my lovely Skyward Sword joy-con and my (imported) Odyssey red joy-con with this OLED.

White! Especially if you get metroid dread aswell perfect metroid edition :) but bias aside it depends do you like a black or white dock more? White stains/gets dirtier easier but nothing a regular wipe or some cleanin fixes once a while. But that aside pick the colours you like more.

Back
Top Bottom