• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Switch Firmware 18.0.0 released

Pokemaniac

Caught: 1025
Founder

• Added “15 Minutes” as an option for “Auto-sleep when playing on TV” in Sleep Mode Settings.
  • Added Korean as a supported language for “Nintendo Switch Parental Controls” introductory video.
    • When the console language is set to Korean, the video can be accessed from Settings > Parental Controls.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
We've even got a couple actual changelog entries this time.

Seemingly no controller firmware updates this time.

Obligatory gif:

estabilidad-nintendo-switch.gif

i dont get why the last few full number system updates have been so useless; they used to be when new features were added to the system.

Granted there's next to nothing now they could add at this point in the life cycle, but outside of killing that flashcart I struggle to think what else would warrant a number boost

i dont get why the last few full number system updates have been so useless; they used to be when new features were added to the system.

Granted there's next to nothing now they could add at this point in the life cycle, but outside of killing that flashcart I struggle to think what else would warrant a number boost
As far back as version 5.0, I think, the major changes were entirely under-the-hood and significant work related to security.

We can only aspire to have as stable a relationship as the Switch does with its firmware.

These version numbers are meant to serve multiple audiences, and sometimes the balance of features just skews more towards developers, both internal and external to Nintendo. They're clearly still doing quite a lot, as the typically lengthy list of changed modules for these releases implies. You can see a report of everything that changed in this update here:

At this stage in the system's life, the more user facing changes are probably more focused on making sure everything is ready for the next system, which Nintendo appears to have been prepping this firmware to also run on for some time, now.

Last edited:
A family of horses live inside my Switch and I'm more confident than ever that it won't collapse around them

I don't know whether to be impressed or depressed that it took Nintendo to add an extra option to the “Auto-sleep when playing on TV” setting.

Has anyone datamined the update for stubbed-out references to a "Switch to Switch 2" migration utility?

I don't know whether to be impressed or depressed that it took Nintendo to add an extra option to the “Auto-sleep when playing on TV” setting.

Has anyone datamined the update for stubbed-out references to a "Switch to Switch 2" migration utility?
I don't see why that'd be any different from the current system transfer tool

Back
Top Bottom