• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Switch 2's DLSS implementation code has been stolen/leaked from NVidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Nintendo Switch (SNS)
720p 7" OLED screen
128GB storage
Better Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.2 support
Docked up to 2160p and 60fps HDR and DLSS 2.2 support
5000 mAh battery, 7-12 hour battery life
€350-€380
OLED price drop to €300
OG Switch phased out
OG Lite €180
Super Lite, similar to SNS without detachable joy-con and HDMI out €230
Releasing this upcoming fiscal year.

Just pulling some stuff out of my butt. But I'd buy this day 1. Though I don't know if current Nintendo would care enough to keep the system cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if it's €400+

Super Nintendo Switch (SNS)
720p 7" OLED screen
128GB storage
Better Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.2 support
Docked up to 2160p and 60fps HDR and DLSS 2.2 support
5000 mAh battery, 7-12 hour battery life
€350-€380
OLED price drop to €300
OG Switch phased out
OG Lite €180
Releasing this upcoming fiscal year.

Just pulling some stuff out of my butt. But I'd buy this day 1. Though I don't know if current Nintendo would care enough to keep the system cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if it's €400+
I think the battery life and the price here is a bit optimistic. 350 Euro is about 500 Canadian but I'm expecting 550-600 Canadian myself, with the unit positioned as "the one for enthusiasts and not the mainstream video game player." The Series X to the OLED-turned-Base Unit's Series S. Otherwise I think this is just about how it'd go down.

Americans; infamously known for their hatred of fun and colour, amirite? I'm glad they gave us the real goods over here when it came to the SNES Mini and SNES NSO controller. Also the regular New 3DS!

snes_boxed-min.png
I'd trade colors for CONCAVE X and Y buttons ANY DAY

Here. He avoided mentioning "Pro" as it blew when OLED was revealed last year:

Mochi said the same thing last year but claimed that they target the Pro version. It seems these games are delayed to 2022 along with Pro.
All he's saying there is that publishers are planning Switch games for later this year, as to whether these games still target to (also) support a "Switch Pro" or only the current Switch is not being said (and it stands to reason that games in development can't be postponed eternally until the stronger hardware might release some day). Everything else is merely your interpretation and you can't sell your interpretation as Mochi "doubling down" on a Switch Pro release.

All he's saying there is that publishers are planning Switch games for later this year, as to whether these games still target to (also) support a "Switch Pro" or only the current Switch is not being said (and it stands to reason that games in development can't be postponed eternally until the stronger hardware might release some day). Everything else is merely your interpretation and you can't sell your interpretation as Mochi "doubling down" on a Switch Pro release.
No he said the exact same thing last year before OLED reveal but he claimed "more than 10 publishers making games for Pro version". This year he omitted the Pro version part and claims those games are still coming. We don't know if they're completely exclusive to Switch Pro to begin with, could have had base Switch down port version too.

Regardless, none of those games seems to have revealed.

No he said the exact same thing last year before OLED reveal but he claimed "more than 10 publishers making games for Pro version". This year he omitted the Pro version part and claims those games are still coming. We don't know if they're completely exclusive to Switch Pro to begin with, could have had base Switch down port version too.

Regardless, none of those games seems to have revealed.

Pretty pretty sure several of those games have already been announced. Zynga's game planning to launch this year is 100% Star Wars Hunters. They arent the kind of company to work on a ton of games at once and announce them at short notice. They work on service games, and they're announced a long time before.

Pretty pretty sure several of those games have already been announced. Zynga's game planning to launch this year is 100% Star Wars Hunters. They arent the kind of company to work on a ton of games at once and announce them at short notice. They work on service games, and they're announced a long time before.
Yes, one of them Zynga, as Mochi has said himself. But the rest are still mystery, we haven't had many "miracle ports" since Mochi teased such games in summer last year. Dying Light 2 could be one of them, it's more likely now that the cloud version is mysteriously delayed.

Yea no way this is selling at lower than 400$. The OLED was testing the market and it is always sold out at 350. I do think the regular models will be receiving a price cut this year to phase them out, OLED taking the original price at 300$ and Pro at 400$. Lite needs a price cut the most.

Yea no way this is selling at lower than 400$. The OLED was testing the market and it is always sold out at 350. I do think the regular models will be receiving a price cut this year to phase them out, OLED taking the original price at 300$ and Pro at 400$. Lite needs a price cut the most.
I don't think Nintendo is going to sell a premium console with a lower profit margin and at the same time reduce the price of SKU's that have larger profit margins.

If anything I can see Nintendo bundling a free copy of MK8D or something with any obsolete consoles and sell them for RRP for Black Friday.

Yes, one of them Zynga, as Mochi has said himself. But the rest are still mystery, we haven't had many "miracle ports" since Mochi teased such games in summer last year. Dying Light 2 could be one of them, it's more likely now that the cloud version is mysteriously delayed.

I strongly suspect some of the games were big titles already announced like Sonic Frontiers. Not all of them, but I don't think 11 major third party titles will suddenly appear when the direct of H1 already happened.

I don't think Nintendo is going to sell a premium console with a lower profit margin and at the same time reduce the price of SKU's that have larger profit margins.

If anything I can see Nintendo bundling a free copy of MK8D or something with any obsolete consoles and sell them for RRP for Black Friday.
I mean it really depends if they are selling it as a revision or new system. I doubt they will go higher than 450$ with it tho.

I mean it really depends if they are selling it as a revision or new system. I doubt they will go higher than 450$ with it tho.
Very true, I wonder if Nintendo will want 4 different consoles on sale(not including different colours)?

It kind of muddles the simple idea of the Switch family.

Late 2022 release is the plan -- barring any unforeseen delays.

I was told 8nm last summer. No reason to assume that has changed.
Just so you're prepped for your podcast did you see the discovery made that T239 seemingly has 12 SMs?

I fear for the price of this model.

Shit is getting expensive everywhere, and probably the small initial shipment and scalpers will make a nightmare to get one.

Just so you're prepped for your podcast did you see the discovery made that T239 seemingly has 12 SMs?

Saw that bit of info today and it'll be something we address in the episode once we get the chance to sit and record. Have been jotting down some notes and outlining the best angle to approach the discussion.

You still recording with MVG soon? If so, too late to get a Streamlabs question in? I've got an extremely pressing question I need answered.

Likely will record tomorrow night... Friday the latest & have it live on Saturday morning. So still time questions/donations.

NDAs or just don't know?

It wouldn't be my place to speculate which studios/games Mochi is referring to.

Oh I think so. They don't like selling at a loss, but that is one of the biggest advantages they have on the other two. I mean, I will buy it regardless, but I like cheap lol

ALSO

Purple SNES > EU/JPN SNES

I said it.

Is that first line something you've just reconfirmed in the last day or two? It kind of reads that way but with the second line being a reiteration of something you heard in the past I feel like it could go either way - just want to confirm so I don't read it incorrectly!

Is that first line something you've just reconfirmed in the last day or two? It kind of reads that way but with the second line being a reiteration of something you heard in the past I feel like it could go either way - just want to confirm so I don't read it incorrectly!
Both are reiteration of prior information. I have been given no update to suggest the release window has changed and operate under the condition that it remains on schedule as told to me late last year.

OLED price drop to €300
OG Switch phased out
OG Lite €180

OLED price cut and OG Switch being phased out I completely agree with, but I can't picture Super Lite releasing while both OLED and OG Lite are still on the market. Or if it is, closer in price to the OLED than Lite.

Lite is there to be a cheap entry point to the Switch's library. If Switch and Super Switch share a long cross gen period (as I think most people expect they will), a SNS Lite would be acting as an entry point to a much, much smaller library of exclusives, at least for two or three years; for most games, a Switch Lite will continue to be 'enough'. SNS will probably be sold out for months at a time each year, and there's more room for profit in more expensive models, so if I'm Nintendo in that situation I'd want to put as much production behind the full SNS rather than dilute the lines with a lower profit SNS Lite. Meanwhile keep producing OG Lite (separate supply chain so it doesn't step on SNS' toes) as a budget option and 2021 OLED model as an entry point for those who don't want to spend $400-$500 but still want to play on their TV.

I know it's not a popular opinion (and I'm not personally interested in it myself) but I honestly believe a dock-only Super Switch model is more likely than OG Lite and SNS Lite coexisting for more than a few months. Of course, in the long run, docked-only is unlikely and SNS Lite is an almost certainty-- I'm only commenting on the timing of models being phased in and out.

I'm >< this close to just deleting this post because it feels too long for the shallow depth of the thought it explains, but oh well lol.

A release at the end of the year would mean a reveal at E3.
They can perfectly reveal this randomly in October and launch it in November.

Both Sony and Nintendo have proven that a really small period between reveal and launch is possible and successful.

They can perfectly reveal this randomly in October and launch it in November.

Both Sony and Nintendo have proven that a really small period between reveal and launch is possible and successful.
They generally don't reveal hardware at E3 (at least in Switch generation), would expect a separate thing after E3 (maybe July-September sometime)

Maybe NSO subscribers can get first dibs or something.
Honestly: yes???? Nintendo clearly has a system in place for NSO subscribers to buy exclusive hardware (the retro controllers) so using that to get exactly one console and no more to every subscriber who wants one? Genuinely brilliant.

Honestly: yes???? Nintendo clearly has a system in place for NSO subscribers to buy exclusive hardware (the retro controllers) so using that to get exactly one console and no more to every subscriber who wants one? Genuinely brilliant.
That was what I was thinking, the NSO controllers are locked behind the NSO service, so the mechanism is already there, its not perfect to have a kind of paywall like this, but its the only practical way to stop bots.

We could still get a Direct around the same time. There are still many thing to show before the end of june+BOTW2.
I'm starting to think they might wait a bit and do a large event in July/August where they unveil this thing along with a bunch of stuff like BOTW2 and Metroid Prime HD.

That was what I was thinking, the NSO controllers are locked behind the NSO service, so the mechanism is already there, its not perfect to have a kind of paywall like this, but its the only practical way to stop bots.
Even if they dropped the NSO subscription requirement, they could still limit it to one console per My Nintendo account or something.

Even if they dropped the NSO subscription requirement, they could still limit it to one console per My Nintendo account or something.
True, my thought is that with Nintendo looking to keep adding value to the NSO, having early access to new hardware would certainly make it worth it to a lot of people.

They're not gonna sell this to NSO customers first, c'mon guys. It would be nice but Nintendo's not that nice. That would be a disastrous move for them business-wise.

I'm starting to think they might wait a bit and do a large event in July/August where they unveil this thing along with a bunch of stuff like BOTW2 and Metroid Prime HD.
I don't think they'll miss the chance to promote Splatoon 3 even more a month before. And we still don't know what their august game is (if they have one). Revealing it/showing it again just a month before release seems like a bad idea.

They're not gonna sell this to NSO customers first, c'mon guys. It would be nice but Nintendo's not that nice. That would be a disastrous move for them business-wise.
What if it wasn't first, but they DID have a small number of units set aside exclusively for NSO subbers to buy?

I think calling it disastrous is rather dramatic, Sony and Microsoft also offer their consoles to their members via email, so there is precedent for this kind of thing, no one is saying they will do it, just that its a way to stop the bots and scalpers.

I'm guessing this will be touched upon in detail on your next podcast but under the assumption that nothing has changed, when would you think they'd announce or at least tease the thing? Pre-E3? (And I mean E3 like a June thing since apparently E3 isn't happening) or more in line to OLED/Lite after the software presentation?

Think of some of the third party games we have seen rumoured, Batman Arkham Collection/Borderlands 3, they seem like games that would need the extra oomph no?

What if we get an April Direct with updates and then a July special event dedicated to the new Switch and reveals of Metroid Prime HD and BotW 2 running on the new machine along with exclusive third party games.

What if it wasn't first, but they DID have a small number of units set aside exclusively for NSO subbers to buy?
Those would be gone to scalpers just as fast as if they were regular units.
I think calling it disastrous is rather dramatic, Sony and Microsoft also offer their consoles to their members via email, so there is precedent for this kind of thing, no one is saying they will do it, just that its a way to stop the bots and scalpers.
Are you suggesting they'd sell only to NSO subscribers at launch? Because yes, that's disastrous. That means no units allowed in any retail stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom