• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – The Final “Mr. Sakurai Presents”

This isn't the character I wanted but I already got the ones I did (Banjo and Kazooie) so I'm happy the KH fans get to feel the same way I did when BK were announced. Hopefully he's fun to use.

When they outright say Sora was the most voted for character you can't really argue with the choice.

I'm more disappointed we only got one new Mii costume and two wigs. This was the chance to make a few more dreams possible.

This roster is now officially every forum users in the mid-aughts' fever dream come true. Hell yeah.
Yeah. It really does bring back memories of my early 00s foruming experience.

I personally hate the character and the games are just utterly ridiculous, but the stage looks absolutely wonderful with such a simple design and the music of the series is always a treat.

I kept telling people that if Sakurai put in Sora in the game there would be no mention of Donald and Goofy but they kept telling no way Sakurai would leave them out they're tied to Sora they'd have no choice to not at least have them as spirits. People thinking Sakurai can override Disney's say in the matter. Disney is too protective of their characters to allow them in a game they have very little control over. Anyways my reaction is well it wasn't a horrible character and it was a hype one to end on which I was afraid they wouldn't do.

That Sora reveal trailer was such a great send off for Smash Ultimate. It's a terrific character to end on.

Doom Slayer was who I was hoping for; so him getting a Mii costume was great to see. Sad to think this will be the end for a while.

Sora!!

The presentation was nice, thank you Sakurai for all the hard work. <3

Now Mr. Sakurai can get to work on the Meteos sequel I've always wanted go on vacation

I'm indifferent to this choice, but I respect Nintendo and Sakurai for ending Ultimate on a note that made a lot of fans happy. That Smash Ballot bit was revealing. Overall it's a fitting conclusion to Ultimate as the "dreams come true" videogame crossover that it was touted as.

It's a shame that the inclusion came with a lot of silly asterisks to it like no Sora amiibo, and with how Square handled things like a music track only being obtained by owning MoM on Switch (gross), but otherwise it's good.

Lack of Disney characters other than the Mickey emblem on the Keyblade is fine with me but I understand it disappoints the KH fans. I respect Smash for setting their boundaries on sticking to a videogame celebration even if including popular Disney IP wouldve been tempting.

Last thing is that it does make the Sephiroth inclusion look funny in hindsight, since a lot believed that he could've been a compromise inclusion due to Nintendo not getting Kingdom Hearts.

I'm indifferent to this choice, but I respect Nintendo and Sakurai for ending Ultimate on a note that made a lot of fans happy. That Smash Ballot bit was revealing. Overall it's a fitting conclusion to Ultimate as the "dreams come true" videogame crossover that it was touted as.

It's a shame that the inclusion came with a lot of silly asterisks to it like no Sora amiibo, and with how Square handled things like a music track only being obtained by owning MoM on Switch (gross), but otherwise it's good.

Lack of Disney characters other than the Mickey emblem on the Keyblade is fine with me but I understand it disappoints the KH fans. I respect Smash for setting their boundaries on sticking to a videogame celebration even if including popular Disney IP wouldve been tempting.

Last thing is that it does make the Sephiroth inclusion look funny in hindsight, since a lot believed that he could've been a compromise inclusion due to Nintendo not getting Kingdom Hearts.
No Disney is perfectly fine with me. KH original story has evolved so much into its own thing that the Disney worlds are like sidequests at this point. Even in KH itself the Disney content feels really separated from the original stuff, so it’s not that tonally weird for me to not see Disney characters here

Doom as a Mii costume and Sora. Even though I didn't play KH (or Doom), still seems like they made good choices for the last additions to Smash.

I fucking loved this reveal it really made me feel nostalgic when the music went on during the reveal trailer.

Best send-off they could have done.

Whoever came up with that Scrimblo Bimblo meme was a freaking genius. Every time I see that meme I laugh like a maniac because it's so true lol.

I’m not excited in the least for Sora but it is undeniable how monumental Smash Bros Ultimate is in industry collaborations, and in that sense this is icing on the cake.

I can’t help but wonder what is next for Sakurai, hopefully after a long and well deserved rest.

Big ups to the Smash team and Disney for making this happen. Literally dream-tier character finally being realized. What a sendoff to this incredible game.

Cant overstate how great of a sendoff this was, from the character itself to the full circle with the teaser trailer

I’m not really a fan of the games but in a way Sora really is the best final character. No Disney Content is unfortunate and yeah it sucks that not even a gaming franchise as big as Smash can convince Disney to let them do more with their properties where they‘ve less control. However if anything Kingdom Hearts is about exploring different Worlds and that is exactly what Sora is going to do in Smash - expect this time with Gaming Worlds. The trailer does even play a bit with that. Truly a great ending to Ultimate.

Yesterday was bonkers for me. I was already content with the second pass after Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra, and I was viewing any characters after them as a bonus. To get Sora as the final character...

I'm so happy.

I predicted on ResetERA that the last character for the 2nd fighters pass would be a 3rd party character because we haven't seen a Event Tournament featuring an All-Star 3rd party character cast that's similar to such tournaments like "Bringing Back the '80s," "Hailing from the '90s," "The Year Is 200X" & "Born in the 2010s," & Sora being revealed as the final character happened to prove me right.

This was such a big reveal for everyone all around, as Sora's a great pick! I'm very happy for everyone who will get to play as him on Smash now!

We are still a long way until the next one, but I sure hope the next installment completely revamps the moveset of some of the older characters, especially Samus. Hoping it will be something closer to how she feels in Dread, and I can't envision her without the Counter anymore.

I legit cried at that Sora reveal that is a impossible dream come true i felt like a 13 yo again. Magical indeed. Whatever hoops nintendo and square enix had to go through with Disney was worth it for this outcome.

Usually smash brings in new players to characters introduced so more ppl will get to plsy kingdom hearts games wich is neat! But yeah seeing that mickey chain i lost my shit haha from that moment onward.

Also Mario and Sora shaking hands was amazing Mario approved the inspiration (Sora is actually based on mario kinda not mickey!) So Mario being abke to use the keyblade was something that felt like home :p

I cant wait to main sora outside of smash flash games i played in primary school! (Those even had goku and shadow the hedgehog haha)

Back
Top Bottom