• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – The Final “Mr. Sakurai Presents”

Why are people so mad at Crash not making it? Crash isn't popular anymore especially in Japan. Nintendo has to make decisions that carefully balances making Japanese and western Smash owners happy.

Why are people so mad at Crash not making it? Crash isn't popular anymore especially in Japan. Nintendo has to make decisions that carefully balances making Japanese and western Smash owners happy.
Oh man, this is literally the popular JRPG guy vs Scrimblo Bimblo argument.

I have no investment in Sora or Kingdom Hearts, and yet the magical tone of the trailer sold him as the perfect final character to wrap up Smash with.

Well that's a big announcement, and makes total sense.

The mix of stuff they've added, each time, is impressive. Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Minecraft, Tekken and Kingdom Hearts are huge brands, and Banjo, Terry, Min Min, Byleth, and Pyra/Mythra is quite the mix.

And there's Sakurai dropping the bomb, too. Well well well.

To be fair people would have been mad regardless of the character. It was basically impossible to meet expectations as it's just one character and the last one at that.

Whoah, I loooked away for two seconds, did he just announce Cloud Versions of a past game??

Even the collections will be a cloud version? ;__; Like why? They should be able to run fine on Switch!

To be fair people would have been mad regardless of the character. It was basically impossible to meet expectations as it's just one character and the last one at that.

Yes but it all comes down to balance. Crash would make a lot of westerners happy, but would piss off many Japanese fans, so it would be a bad decision to put Crash as the final character especially since you have to pay for him. Crash should be in the sequel as a part of the regular roster.

Honestly, I'm a little mixed on how I feel with this being the last content drop for Smash Ultimate, but I won't go into details here. Hard not to feel guilty for wanting more when it's already such a generous game (but of course, it's also made Nintendo an absolute fortune).

Lol Cloud versions.

On the other hand S-E commented it was difficult to port over the games. Maybe their code is an absolute mess

Wondering when we'll see Sakurai again, but I hope the dude finally takes a vacation.

The difference is that Crash would've been disappointing in Japan, while Sora is disappointing across the globe

So so glad it's not a meme character like Crash but someone actually making sense. Very happy for the fans.

Ah, the closing of one chapter. Another one will open in the future and I'm sure that goofball Waluigi will be in the next Smash.

actor-waluigi-242481_large.jpg

The highlight was that beautiful stage, especially those background character arts.

Ah, the closing of one chapter. Another one will open in the future and I'm sure that goofball Waluigi will be in the next Smash.

actor-waluigi-242481_large.jpg
Waluigi is a pretty good candidate for the base roster of Smash 5.

I'm still pretty surprised they didn't do more with Echo Fighters, he could have been an easy Wario or Luigi echo.

Incredible presentation. No Simple and Clean hurts but everything is else was fantastic.

Smash Ultimate is easily one of the greatest games of all time.

Damn, Sora was with Crash and Waluigi the only character I actively didn't want because I can't stand Kingdom Hearts, despite having tried to get into it multiple times.

But it definitely is the strongest possible way they could have ended Ultimate support, no question. Even if I hate it, it's absolutely crazy that it actually happened. It's the character that constantly always was the most wanted in Smash by fans for the past decade. Way more than the likes of Banjo or Geno.
Congrats to all the fans, it really is those people who made it happen thanks to the Smash 4 poll !
Really thought they were about to pull out a Donald and Goofy in the Final Smash with Sakurai refusing to reveal it at first lmao, would have liked to see them.

Huh? Are y’all seriously disappointed?

this literally could not have ended on a better character.
Ah, I see you've forgotten the cardinal rule of Smash speculation

Everyone is Disappointed

Edit: For the record, I thought this was hype as hell. I've really liked the KH games I've played (3 and Dream Drop Distance), and it's basically the hypest character they could've ended on

Stage was literally EXACTLY what I wanted, I was fearing Destiny Islands knowing Sakurai and his love for first levels, but he actually pulled through!

Music list…. A bit disappointing. Even without remixes, I Really could’ve used the boss themes like Rage Awakened, Darkness of the Unknown, the 13th struggle, Dark Impetus….

That final shot of the trailer is just pitch perfect. Legendary game.

Now time to watch GVG’s reaction, I know Ash was reeeaally wanting this lol.

Some of y'all are crazy. I don't even like Kingdom Hearts much, but I can tell Sora is an exciting addition. And considering they straight-up said he won the Smash Ballot, there are definitely a lot of people excited.

Just because it's not the exact character you wanted doesn't mean it's bad.

i am excited that people are excited. i can't deny it was a highly sought after character. this is literally what many people have been begging for, for years.

Iove the stage.

Dislike the song listing. Better choices that weren’t Disney related missed.

Sora looks okay. Felt they could’ve done much more. And obviously the lack of goofy and Donald which I understand, but still in the end disappointing.

I don't care much for Sora but that trailer was pretty cool. Crazy to think he was the one that took 1st place on the ballot all those years ago.

Seeing Ultimate ending is bittersweet.

I don't particularly care a ton for KH but it's a good final character

I got chills when he was floating above the cast & the music started playing

This roster is now officially every forum user in the mid-aughts' fever dream come true. Hell yeah.

Last edited:
So following the FF in Smash pattern….

Roxas newcomer next game and THATS when we’ll get remixes lol

Back
Top Bottom