• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – The Final “Mr. Sakurai Presents”

The absolute mad lads.

It's not my prefered character, but I know this will make a ton of people happy. And again, I've already feasted, so this is fine.

well_there_it_is_jurassic_park.gif

Well, it's not what I hoped for, but happy for those who wanted him.

Yeah ... no.

I was waiting for all announcements before getting the second FP, but this is now out of the question.

Grats for those who wished for him.

I missed my morning break for this, and I’m so happy I did. Sora seemed like such a far off dream, especially with 2 SE characters already DLC and the licensing with Disney, so I didn’t put much thought into it happening. Wow, this is actually so hype. FP2 redeemed.

Yaaaaay. This feels like a good pick to go out strong and make a lot of folks happy. I've never been a kingdom hearts guy, but it feels right. What a feel good moment

Fun addition and it will make a lot of people happy.

Personally hoping there's a little more to come than 3 Mii costumes and the final fighter. It is a huge, content rich game, but a few more tweaks wouldn't go amiss (Waluigi bonus fighter, proper All Star mode plz).

Adored the trailer. It really made it feel like a finale. Smash trailers are in a league of their own.

I don't care much for KH, but it's amazing that they pulled it off considering all the hoops they had to jump through.

Happy for those who wanted Sora. I was hoping for Chief or 1st party, but this will make a lot of people happy!

Waluigi fans are livid. :ROFLMAO: But they should NOT be mad. Waluigi is in Mario Kart 8 which is FAR bigger than Smash.
Unpopular opinion: Waluigi shouldn't be a fighters pass character, and he doesn't need to be in the game, period. He's just a meme.

Impressed that they managed to get Sora, despite not being interested in the character.

Add another character that doesn't have its mainline games on Switch.

Happy for the Kingdom Hearts fans. Unfortunately, KH does not appeal to me.

Smash Ultimate has the issue where the deep cuts become increasingly difficult to justify as DLC because the DLC needs to be sold on top of the game. It's such a huge franchise now that chunks of the Fighters Passes needed to be iconic and popular characters.

I'd love the universe where the Howard twins, Waluigi, and Urbosa joined the fight, but we're not there just yet. Overall I think the two passes have been solid and while the game needs to go further in terms of how diverse its representation is, let's not lose sight of how impressive an accomplishment it ultimately (no pun intended) is.

Difficult to see where it goes next. Apart from with Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Definitive Edition, which adds Waluigi, Urbosa, the Howard twins, and Ultimate All-Star Mode.

So what's the biggest JRPG series not represented in Smash at this point? I guess Dark Souls or Monster Hunter if you count those. Pretty impressive representation though.

I feel nothing for KH but Sora is obviously an amazing way to end the fighter pass. I'm happy they delivered.

Never played a Kingdom Hearts so not too exciting for me.
This music is fantastic though.

I love KH, but yeah, he would definitely need at least 2 hours for that XD
-------
The reveal actually got me a tad hype I have to admit, even though I'm generally indifferent to Smash. However, KH has always been one of my faves series, even with the messy storyline. So seeing Sora was great, will definitely be buying him separately when he releases 🙌

The only reason I’m salty as hell is because Nintendo is putting Sora in Smash but Square refuses to put Kingdom Hearts on Switch.

Nintendo doesn't care about what Square does with Kingdom Hearts. They care about Sora selling more copies of Smash.

They did it, they got the impossible character. Loving the specials. Wonder if the stage is radiant garden. Hope they got free reign for lots of music

This is probably the most “I’m happy people are happy,” I’ve been about something lol. Never been big on Kingdom Hearts, but I always thought Sora would’ve made a cool addition, especially with him being a bit of a crossover guy himself.

The amount of care and detail is, of course, second to none. Wicked final pick!

So what's the biggest JRPG series not represented in Smash at this point? I guess Dark Souls or Monster Hunter if you count those. Pretty impressive representation though.
We have a boss from Monster Hunter, at least, in the shape of Rathian.

I may be misremembering, but isn't this the first time we see Xion's Dive to the Heart station in a game?

Back
Top Bottom