• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Film Super Mario Bros Movie first Teaser Trailer to appear at New York Comic Con on October 6th

Mario movie in April. Barbie movie in July.

2023 is going to be lit.
3 tickets to Barbie, please

b26.jpg

Can't wait for this train wreck. But hey, at least we are getting Jack Black as Bowser so he will elevate this somehow, especially if he gets a ton of rock song moments and goes full hammy like Tenacious D.

Can't wait for this train wreck. But hey, at least we are getting Jack Black as Bowser so he will elevate this somehow, especially if he gets a ton of rock song moments and goes full hammy like Tenacious D.
Seriously hoping they bring KG in to back him up as a goomba or a koopa or something during a song

I'm terrified of this movie..

It will be terrible AND incredibly successful (like most Illumination movies), and that's a horrifying combination that could have severe impact on the Super Mario IP going forward..

Don't let me start on my fear on the Brazilian Portuguese cast that haven't announced yet..
I doubt it's going to impact the IP.

It won't. Especially when we already know that Bowser will not be voiced by no Adam Sandler.

The ship's definitely sailed on the voice cast, but some of those jokes and the random dance party... I can see. And that scares me.

But I do doubt it'll actually be that bad. Maybe.

Honestly really excited for this one. Yes I know, Illumination, etc.
But I have wanted a animated Mario movie for roughly 58 years, give or take a few weeks
And knowing we will get even stuff like Spike and Cranky in the movie, and Jack Black Bowser, has me hyped enough that it'll be fun. My childish Mario biase will probably not mind if the movie is a bit basic in the plot. As long as it is a fun ride, I'm satisfied.
Also the teaser trailer will end with DK laughing.

Obviously the Trailer licensed pop song will be the 80’s hit “Do the Donkey Kong”

Last edited:
Would somehow work if the movie became live action for like a solid 15 seconds and it was just jack black dressed as Bowser twerking in front of everyone, then flip back to regular 3D Bowser.
Only 15 seconds?

They should go Muppet style and have every character CGI except Jack Black for the whole damn film.

I guess this had to happen eventually...

Sigh...
I mean what did you think, that they would just up and cancel a movie that's been announced, cast, and mostly done with production?

this is a joke about the Warner/Discovery merger

So, think there'll be any leaks before the trailer? Like, still images, posters, etc
I'd actually love to see some very out of context still from the trailer leak just to see the internet explode a bit

So, think there'll be any leaks before the trailer? Like, still images, posters, etc
I'd actually love to see some very out of context still from the trailer leak just to see the internet explode a bit

qm589in.png

The film will be well received, but it will face controversial backlash from parents over the princess peach shower scene and donkey kong bong rips. Parents will also question why luigi called bowser a fuck face in the films climax, when throughout the rest of the movie, all language used was family appropriate.

I am so curious to how this looks, sounds, presents itself

and uh, maybe I'll watch it too lol.

The film will be well received, but it will face controversial backlash from parents over the princess peach shower scene and donkey kong bong rips. Parents will also question why luigi called bowser a fuck face in the films climax, when throughout the rest of the movie, all language used was family appropriate.
Fucking Donkey Bong

jh3uomvy8bk11.jpg

This is a 2-part "series", but this one focuses on looking at why Nintendo bought Dynamo and what it could mean. Some cool observations and kinda duh moments that maybe non-nintendo fans arent aware.

The other one is more of a "this is what the movie is based on the cast" type.

Well, PG-13 movies do get one use of the word 'fuck'

Back
Top Bottom