• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Site Event Super Mario All-Stars Celebration Event | RERUN May 14 - May 22 (See Threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s my current batch, hope it’s ok if I just do the grouping by game rather than list every badge. May try some more but this is the main group
Warp zone
FZWvwJb.jpg

a6DpF0N.jpg

r6iuKGU.jpg

Turtle tipping
YbzuCN6.jpg

P dasher(time limit for this level is 700)
MJ3SZqp.jpg
Advance red coin challenge/savior of subcon
KLZliKE.jpg

Foraging
FZWvwJb.jpg

My current score entry is the pic from the warp zone challenge
Should be the full set covered by these

MJ3SZqp.jpg

dUbdnQA.jpg

lJhFxnv.jpg

6cCBBgH.jpg

oIuMsof.jpg

Nh5vQHE.jpg

WUWhg2L.jpg

S48MUU1.jpg

7HGZRQ0.jpg

hmesCkH.jpg

And this is my end of game confirmation and score board entry
tLGstAN.jpg

Overall a really nostaglic revisit. Enjoyed all 3 of these in my childhood and I never played the original versions till I got a wiiu. May go for the Yoshi’s island challenges but done for today

Assuming it's the one with the massive amount of brick blocks in it, in the long hall with the Roto-Discs, there is a pipe you need to fly up to. If you don't have a Raccoon/Tanooki power, there's one hidden in the level.
Proud to say I managed to figure this one out before reading your message, but thank you for the great tip! Just World 8 left to conquer, then I have to decide if I want to balance SMW and Pikmin 4, or take a Mario break and just go all in on the new game

That's a wrap on SMB3. A bit of a difficulty spike in the final 2-3 worlds, but a phenomenal game nonetheless, one that has aged like wine. If this is the end of my badge journey, it's a hell of a bang to end on :)

Super Mario Bros time!

Honestly, people are legit sleeping on this one. Apart from the dumb puzzle stages before the Bowsers that had me exasperatedly look up a walkthrough after realising I'm stuck in a loop (how the hell did people beat this game before the internet?), there's some really nice levels. Not easy but it's a steady difficulty ramp-up. Also fuck Hammer Bros. I've never thought a single type of enemy could bring me such an amount of misery in a game. Only Lakitu comes close to it.

Got a 2-fer here
Also looks like I get that top Mario bros classic high score slot permanently XD the game maxes out at this number
g4K3IWx.jpg

lgadEOr.jpg

Got a 2-fer here
Also looks like I get that top Mario bros classic high score slot permanently XD the game maxes out at this number
g4K3IWx.jpg
As a JRPG fan I see that number and just think:
oKDNxtw.jpeg

Wohwahweewah, this one took a lot longer then I anticipated...! But it's done, done and done.
Super Mario World is done. I liked the arcadey feeling of the game and the variety of worlds and enemies and the way my character moves.
If I were to make a pixel platformer game this would be the one where I take my cues from (so far)

• Top of the Giant Gate
  • Freshly Hatched
  • Over the Moon
  • ! Switch Stomper
  • Savior of Dinosaur Land
  • Dinosaur Land Explorer

Mario-World-kopi-ren.png

I am on a roll, Mario Land 1 & 2 are a nice desert after the big challenge that Mario World was so I finished both!
These games were the weird ones out of the bunch in my opinion... I think Mario ate too much shrooms and the trip was basically Mario Land 1&2.

Here we go:

Super Mario Land:

• Top of the Sarasaland Goal
  • Exploring Sarasaland's Secrets
  • Super Ball Power
  • Topple Tatanga
  • Savior of Sarasaland

Super Mario Land 2:

• Ring the Bonus Bell
  • Coin Collector
  • Take Back the Golden Coins
  • Wallop Wario
  • Mario Land Explorer

Snaps:

Mario-Land-1-2.png

Finally finished SMB3 on the GBA. That damn game made me outright miserable. More than Lost Levels and I played that one twice xD
Especially the later e-Reader levels put some of the shitty Mario Maker levels I've seen to shame. What the hell man.

Three of a Card, Nice Suit, Koopalings Go Boom-Boom and World Map Secrets:

Highscore Super Mario Bros. 3 (Super Mario Advance 4): 1458220
Highscore Super Mario Advance 4 World-e: 1414870

Seconding @oomoepoo the e reader levels were pure hell. Especially if you accidentally use Luigi in the speed run ones XD. But I did it. And all the rest of the SMB3 badges. Here’s the proof for the full set.
mkttMQj.jpg

Ocb5vPh.jpg

UmJ8tOq.jpg

9XYf5dw.jpg

w1MnZOo.jpg

End of game/base game score
nuItk3p.jpg

Here’s the ereader trio and the score
LtwSLNG.jpg

Trying to do Yoshi’s island now. Not sure how much more beyond that one I’m up too(smb2usa ones I haven’t done are a bit of a grind. And of course 1/lost levels are a pain)… but we’ll see

I've actually participated in one of these now, yay! Here's what I have so far:

Fireworks Show:
IMG-1775.jpg

Fire Flower Power
IMG-1774.jpg

Retainer Retriever
IMG-1773.jpg

Hooked on the Brothers
IMG-1770.jpg

Top of the Flagpole
IMG-1777.jpg

And that's all for now!

edit: oh god I clicked the wrong thing for the size when uploading, hopefully those are legible enough!

Seconding @oomoepoo the e reader levels were pure hell. Especially if you accidentally use Luigi in the speed run ones XD. But I did it. And all the rest of the SMB3 badges. Here’s the proof for the full set.
mkttMQj.jpg

Ocb5vPh.jpg

UmJ8tOq.jpg

9XYf5dw.jpg

w1MnZOo.jpg

End of game/base game score
nuItk3p.jpg

Here’s the ereader trio and the score
LtwSLNG.jpg

Trying to do Yoshi’s island now. Not sure how much more beyond that one I’m up too(smb2usa ones I haven’t done are a bit of a grind. And of course 1/lost levels are a pain)… but we’ll see
Whew. You did those with Luigi? My deepest respect. I tried him in a few levels but then went back to Mario :')

Whew. You did those with Luigi? My deepest respect. I tried him in a few levels but then went back to Mario :')
Everything but the 2 super low time limit levels no time to dawdle and the castle one cause they’re impossible with him for the coins…. It may have been because I only had 5 left when I actually realized he had different physics in this one DX. Copious use of the rewind for sure

Now that Pikmin 4 is finished, I am back on the Mario train. I briefly played Super Mario Bros 3 last night. It is still a gem.

More to follow....

I've been quite busy in my personal life, but I've managed to get some free time in. I believe I've awarded all of the badges so far, but if I forgot any, ping or DM me and I'll add them.

On the discussion of SMB3 here in the thread, I do think that playing it on SMA4 does increase the difficulty in some ways. The screen size drop may not be as bad as the other Advance titles due to smart shrinking of the HUD, but SMB3 can be a pretty fast game with its speedy movement and short levels. When I played SMA4 earlier this year (I guess that playthrough technically counts for badges, but I'm still playing SMB3 on All-Stars too), I felt that difference despite the higher amount of lives and the extra inventory space. I'd recommend people try the NES or All-Stars versions if they found SMA4 a bit too difficult - not to say the game becomes super easy, but the extra space helps.

Congrats to our second Super Player, @oomoepoo! A very impressive effort. Good luck if you go for a full 60/60.

Well here’s the full badge set, the advance badge; and the first complete score for SMA3: Yoshi’s Island. Some of these 100 scores were confusing obscure or difficult.

86SyAmq.jpg

GpUwa14.jpg

UAYWQAr.jpg

caj2kH9.jpg

fcnIV3Z.jpg

FvweOny.jpg

eG2qigY.jpg

EbgyaOb.jpg
And for now at least I’m free!!! Well… let’s be honest I’ll probably do the SMB2USA eggs and rest of the base badges. I need to check my 2ds and make sure I don’t have the first SML(edit: I do not. So I don’t currently have a way to play that one)…. And we’ll see on the first 2 games but those are brutal!

Last edited:
Not sure if I'll get all the Advance Badges tbh. I'm thinking about playing SMW with Luigi at least, maybe trying to find all the dragon coins. Dunno if I really want to revisit DokiDokiMario though, especially the eggs seem like a big pain to complete :LOL:

I made it deep into world 5 of SMB 3 last night on the NES. Hopefully I can finish it tonight. I have most of the badges, but I am waiting until I finish the game to collect.

Well I did it. Lost Levels is the epitome of evil and unfriendly level design but I did it. And SMB. And the SMB2 badges I was missing. There’s only one bonus badge I’m missing(eggs, which I’m working on). Problem is I don’t have a way to play SML so unless it comes to NSO I’ll be missing one group, darn
xgP6dI3_d.webp

KswpdMo_d.webp

SW4HEuD_d.webp

(This final one is for the high score board)
5eOM2G2_d.webp

qry7uH1_d.webp

ouvbs6U_d.webp

(This final one is for the high score board)
sNCZ2dS_d.webp

XqWUMZI_d.webp
gNyuMNM_d.webp
XiljWBs_d.webp
b8Vq70D_d.webp
zJrslQR_d.webp
mcedHDE_d.webp
qXG2Gnc_d.webp
3KBf9Xo_d.webp
W9hAStH_d.webp
047pCrq_d.webp
EoSC96e_d.webp
OsiIqZK_d.webp

(The latter also doubles as my Toad clear)
FqEcNQ3_d.webp
TLNk8RG_d.webp
KxcdwxR_d.webp
BZVFdNp_d.webp

Still chipping away at the eggs. And no way to access Super Mario Land, so I’m done for now

I'm back from planet PNF 404, and I started some Mario World, allowing me to finish my last multi-game goal, and a few early goals from this game.

In addition to Top of the Giant Gate and Freshly Hatched, I finished off Warp Zoner, which I think should get me the You are a Super Player badge as well. Hoping to move toward finishing things up in the next few weeks!

I forgot that in the GBA version, Luigi has yoshi spitting things out instead of eating them. Makes for a different kind of powerup, especially when getting Yoshi changes the Luigi physics back to normal.

Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) + General Badges

Well, I can finally scratch one off the bucket list. For the first time ever, I have 100% completed Super Mario Bros 3. I have beaten the game before, but never this extensively. Forever, I have said that Super Mario World was the best Mario game of all time, and I haven't changed my mind now, but this game really gives SMW a run for its money. It is amazing how much Nintendo was able to pack on an NES cartridge. Eight different worlds with various themes, I think my favorite was Sky World. I was a little surprised that most of the levels were on the short side, but then again this was an 1980's game.

Anyway, without further ado.....

NqPSQee.jpg

SMB 3 NES Badges
jva3bJC.jpg
Yyyh2Ro.jpg
DqlcWr9.jpg
fxPznt1.jpg
A8eDNPj.jpg
CAMN2sN.jpg
Ifp6djo.jpg
m0xIFpE.jpg

General Badges
M8VT7kg.jpg
qA2ZfZJ.jpg
k7ySmor.jpg
fjKdXkE.jpg\

Also, WTF?
QsWnI7x.jpg

Next will likely be Super Mario World. I dig deep into that while watching EVO this weekend.

Regarding my previous post, I was awarded the warp zoner badge, but not "top of the giant gate", "freshly hatched", or "you are a super player". Just didn't want them to get missed. If I'm missing something please let me know!

Regarding my previous post, I was awarded the warp zoner badge, but not "top of the giant gate", "freshly hatched", or "you are a super player". Just didn't want them to get missed. If I'm missing something please let me know!
No, you're not missing anything (note the edit below). I just got caught up in other things last night and didn't get to award all of the badges to you. You'll be awarded the badges shortly!

EDIT: Quick note: "You are a Super Player!!" requires collecting all of the non-Advance badges, so keep progressing through the event and you'll get it!

Last edited:
No, you're not missing anything (note the edit below). I just got caught up in other things last night and didn't get to award all of the badges to you. You'll be awarded the badges shortly!

EDIT: Quick note: "You are a Super Player!!" requires collecting all of the non-Advance badges, so keep progressing through the event and you'll get it!
Well except Super Mario Land isn’t easily accessible at the moment. That’s going to keep killing me DX

Thanks! I was working from memory and just forgot the criteria for that one. But it will be mine!

So after a lot of delays, I finally finished Warp Zoner and the Mario 3 challenges!

Warp Zoner
Three of a Card
Memory Matcher
2023072322001100-05-DC14-F80-A13996-B94160-CD375-AFD506.jpg

World Map Secrets
Koopalings go Boom Boom
Nice Suit
Savior of the Mushroom World (Score: 1,322,450)
I also got some stuff from Super Mario Advance 4. First, my high score from my SMA4 playthrough: 1,926,070
And now my picture proof for the World-e badges with a score of 2,890,040:
And yes, I did finish each level with both Mario and Luigi. That was...perhaps a bit of a mistake, lol.

@VolcanicDynamo I did it, I’m free, I’m freeeee! (Well Cept for Super Mario Land, but unless it gets added to NSO I don’t have access to it DX )…
Advance Yoshi challenge
IMG_7066.jpg

And a final high score table updat for SMA:SMB2
IMG_7067.jpg

Sigh well fingers crossed on SML hitting NSO before the event ends. Or I’ll figure out some other means. It’s cruel to have one of the main badge groups be a game that’s not easily accessible on current platforms but shrug

Here's to Ace Coin Collector, Egg Hunt, Super Luigi World and Dragon Coin Collector:

I've now played through DokiDokiMario twice and that's about one and a half times more than I probably should. Some of those Ace-Coins and especially a good chunk of the egg hiding spots are just plain evil. I did get a bit more of an appreciation for the mechanics of the game and how the other characters play at least, it's a very special game. I still don't think I'll ever really vibe with SMB2(US) though :LOL:

SMW on the GBA was a blast though. Luigi is a bit odd to control and makes some things harder but at least if you're hunting for all the coins you won't skip 90% of the level with the cape! The second and the penultimate Special Levels (Tubular and Outrageous) are also plain evil if you're going for 100%. Still love the game to bits, even though I still prefer the SNES iteration :)

And here's Mario Bros. Classic (Hooked on the Brothers):

Now to find someone to play the SMB Multiplayer with!

Last edited:
Here's my ! switch stomper evidence. I forgot to snap one during pressing the yellow one, so it's just showing it already pressed. Hope that's ok. I'm kind of proud I got the other ones mid press.

This is for Super Mario Bros./2 USA from All-Stars with a little bit of 1 classic, I did manage to do the 1-up trick in both so I added them just to be safe. I believe the only badge I did not do was beat Mario bros. 1 on hard mode so if anyone wants to correct please do. I still need 3 through Yoshi’s Island, and I am looking forward to finally playing through Land 2.

Last edited:
Super Mario World (SNES)

All in a hard day's work. Super Mario World is one of those games that carries the most nostalgia for me. I have played through the first two worlds more times than probably any other game levels in my life. It just takes me back to being a young kid. I love everything about this game. I hope that I get to play it another 20 times before I die.

With all that said....

pJY1yqI.jpg
PSdlPLo.jpg
8AVZYUq.jpg
OieeX77.jpg
Tn3nsg4.jpg
EBLE6v7.jpg
E263iFq.jpg
KDVo96V.jpg
h6KEWzx.jpg

So quick note. I didn't save my first score since I didn't realize that none of the ending screens give you your point total. So I found an earlier save file and got to the end. At least I am on the board!
gUYSGY0.jpg

And with that, SMB2 is done, and my Badge challenge comes to an end :) So grateful to have experienced some of these legendary games for the first time thanks to this awesome incentive!

I think I'm finished with Mario World. First up we've got evidence for Over the Moon, Savior of Dinosaur Land, and Super Luigi World (which I only just realized is a badge). Final score 3,529,570.

Second, I've got evidence for Dinosaur Land Explorer and Dragon Coin Collector.

Along with ! switch stomper in my post above, that should be everything from this game. I played Luigi all the way through, because I'm just waiting for year of Luigi pt. 2.

I've at least started every game now. I forgot yoshi's island GBA was on NSO, and started playing it on my 3ds. Thanks ambassador program!

@VolcanicDynamo sorry to bug you I know you’re busy, but you missed adding my Lost Levels all stars score
I'm adding all the scores in bulk, it should be up pretty soon.

(also, if anyone wants an alternative to Super Mario Land, might I recommend the homebrew SNES port named New Super Mario Land? It's unofficial and a bit janky, and the score system is different, but if the Metroid event can count fangames, then I'll allow it here. And you should be able to earn all of the badges, since Expert Mode has its own special end level screen!)

I misunderstood the process for getting the b dasher badge, I believe this should be correct.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)

This one is actually fresher in my mind as I played through it last year. On the surface, this game is cute, fuzzy, and warm, but when you get down to it, this game will take swings at you. Unlike Super Mario World, this game basically forces you to play and beat every single level to get to the end. There are no short cuts or warp zones. There aren't any power ups that can make you OP. It is you and baby Mario.

All that said, going through and beating the game isn't that hard of a feat in the grand scheme of things, especially when you compare it to other games from that era. It is a difficult game, but it isn't unfair. Getting 100% though is a different story. I would rank Yoshi's Island as one of, if not the, hardest Nintendo games to complete 100%.

@VolcanicDynamo I'm coming back to 100% it! I want to get on that leaderboard

SXytGI0.jpg
QAtpvLa.jpg
NxETCCk.jpg
XYJM2rU.jpg
SviF1So.jpg
UWlBEhs.jpg

On the one hand, thanks for allowing New super Mario land Volcanic since the base game isn’t currently available. On the other hand… this game sucks. Like ereader level torture. Note I mean the level design. This homebrew is cute even if new isn’t my fave aesthetic. Bummed on the lack of scoring but a small price to pay as. Here you go the last of the badges! I have done all 60 challenges in this event… (I question my sanity on some of these)
Secret areas

CIxYcxI_d.webp

LUijFiD_d.webp

HYTosOW_d.webp

v7Bfjfn_d.webp

Bonus exit

sdoF6Gz_d.webp

Clearing the boss without the button

WS5OVNG_d.webp

Ending

N8GJVMK_d.webp

Hard ending(this fan game/remake doesn’t have the level select

I7SXGol_d.webp
And with this I’m done. Peace till the raffle

Super Mario Land 1 and 2 (GB)

Before this year, I have never touched the series. By the time I had a Gameboy Color, it was strictly a Pokémon machine. I never had a chance to play any of them growing up and I skipped them on the 3DS. Honestly, I think these games don't get nearly the love that they should get. I understand that they won't fall on top of anyone's Top Mario games, but they were fun and original. SML 1 had Mario in a submarine and airplane. SML 2 had cool themes like the lego level. Plus, they both had new and original bosses. This is where we first saw Daisy and Wario appear. I wish Nintendo would give these the HD treatment. I could see them being fun to experience in modern form.

General Badge

mhFDEM4.jpg
Sorry, not sorry

Super Mario Land 1 (GB)- Ended up playing this on a GBA. Of course, the screen was dimly lit so I had to hold it at an angle. I have gotten used to the rewind features of the NSO because I was playing way too loose. I ended up beating it on normal mode with limited trouble, but hard mode was a pain, especially 3-2. Level 3-2 can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. It took the better of two nights, but I was able to pull it off.

h9mjtVl.jpg
zDsixjZ.jpg
K6EldaS.jpg
keqBA9G.jpg
0iXbCbD.jpg
6CL6VIQ.jpg
FzOYBbJ.jpg

333,080 points
RP4W8x9.jpg

Super Mario Land 2 (GB)
8u8p4xu.jpg
bV3fKVw.jpg
bjuih3u.jpg
S3D75u3.jpg
SWMPyu3.jpg

And with that, all OG badges should be completed! I will take a quick break but I am going after those GBA badges really soon!

I have a mess of badges from Yoshi's Island:

This should be good for Halfway to Baby Luigi, Brothers Reunited, Time the Goal Ring, Perfectionist, and Extra Credit.

I regret playing this on 3ds. Playing something so technical gives me serious hand cramps these days. I don't think I'll be going for a perfect score, but I will get the rest of the badges. I still have to go and get the bandit challenge, and the rest of the secret levels.

Edit: Oops, that pic was the secret level, not the extra level: Here's extra one. I didn't like Poochy.

Edit 2: Oops, just noticed the double post, sorry!

I'm loving the progress everyone is making - including another perfect score and another Super Player. Fantastic work, @Mandos!

I'm making my way through Super Mario World and I am reminded why this is my favorite video game. Even after playing all of these other Mario games this year, SMW still feels so perfect to play. I love the world map, I love the sheer amount of branching paths through the map in all but the Special World, I love the controls and movement, I love Yoshi, I love the Cape Feather. This game is my happy place.

Super Mario World is, indeed, the best one. Here's my badge proofs:

Top of the Giant Gate (I think this is the first and only time I've gotten 50 stars from the gate)
Freshly Hatched
Over the Moon (Choosing one from a level that has an optional one)
! Switch Stomper
Savior of Dinosaur Land
Dinosaur Land Explorer (My file for this run was Mario B)
My High Score was 2,309,820, as shown here!
It's off to Mario Land for Six Golden Coins next! Unless I get distracted and play Mario Advance 2 instead...

I indeed went off to Mario Land. Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins is completed, and here are the screens to prove it.

Ring the Bonus Bell (managed to do this one in every level, but you'll have to take my word for it):
Coin Collector
Take Back the Golden Coins and Wallop Wario
Mario Land Explorer
SML2 is a game that gets by a lot on its charm, and I think it largely succeeds at it, but I do think the controls feel slightly off. Better than Land's for sure, but a touch slippery. This one's in the middle of the pack for me out of the game in this event. I like it more than Land and both SMB2's, but less than SMB, SMB3, and World.

Only one more game before I become a Super Player - and it's one I haven't seen past the halfway point. Will 100% drive me up a wall? We shall see in Yoshi's Island!

I made a blitz through Mario Land, and got it all finished!

Exploring Sarasaland's Secrets

and Top of the Sarasaland Goal, Super Ball Power, Topple Tatanga, and Savior of Sarasaland

Final score 284670

I think mario land was neat at the time, but it's not much to play nowadays. I blitzed through the game twice in one sitting. The easter island head enemies are pretty bizarre, and that section is probably my favorite part. The whole game is just kind of odd. Also the choice to play on 3ds continues to wreak havoc on my old man hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom