• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Super Bomberman R 2 announcement trailer, coming to all platforms September 13th

A new Bomberman is a welcome announcement. The arena sharing stuff is neat

Surprise of the Mini for me, and a welcome one. The first game was ace. Surprised it's taken them so long to do a sequel

I guess that's what Konami meant when they said to look forward to more Bomberman announcements when Super Bomberman R Online was slated to be terminated.

Thank you for reading.

Story mode? I'm in.

This reminds of Bomberman Tournament for the GBA. That was a neat little game.

If you told me before 2017 that the Switch was going to get two new Bomberman games, I would have called you crazy.

What a timeline.
Nintendo console lifecycles have the funniest timelines. Wii U- sales disappointment gets 2 COD games. Switch- Major sales success gets 0 COD games.

I guess that's what Konami meant when they said to look forward to more Bomberman announcements when Super Bomberman R Online was slated to be terminated.

Thank you for reading.

In a predictable twist, the battle royale mode from R Online seems to be present in this one, too.

Hoping they also keep the crossplay multiplayer from R Online.

Bomberman Online Shut down -> Bomberman R 2 announced

Mario 35 Shut down -> 2D Mario where are you

After five years (holy crap how has it been that long) and R Online having been a thing, I was really thinking a full-fledged sequel to R was unlikely. Glad I was so very, very wrong.

Last edited:
Was the first R good or should I just wait for this one?
It was quite good, and got a lot of content added post release, too. It's also on sale on the eShop/Steam/whatever digital store for really cheap very often. I'd say wait until next sale and get it.

Was the first R good or should I just wait for this one?

It was excellent. Best Bomberman in a very long time!

Brilliant stage design, full 8 player local multiplayer support, tons of special costumes with unique abilities (the Simon Belmont one in particular was a riot; as you can use his whip to pull other Bombermen down holes!). Very very solid entry in the series.

I wonder will this have the 12 player local version that was on the Sega Saturn.
Well considering Saturn Bomberman couldn't even do 12 players I wouldn't get your hopes up (SB caps at 10)

All this game needs to be is all the guest characters and maps from SBR and SBRO with another dozen guest and another 5-6 new maps and this could be the best multiplayer bomberman ever. Especially if it has cross play.

Well considering Saturn Bomberman couldn't even do 12 players I wouldn't get your hopes up (SB caps at 10)

All this game needs to be is all the guest characters and maps from SBR and SBRO with another dozen guest and another 5-6 new maps and this could be the best multiplayer bomberman ever. Especially if it has cross play.
The footage we have already has some of the SBR/O guest characters on it, so I'd say that's a lock.

The footage we have already has some of the SBR/O guest characters on it, so I'd say that's a lock.
Yeah, I guess what I was trying to say is have everything day 1 from both SBR and SBRO. I don't want to wait 6 months to have access to Soma or Naked Snake again cause Konami wants to do the live service drip feed.

Yeah, I guess what I was trying to say is have everything day 1 from both SBR and SBRO. I don't want to wait 6 months to have access to Soma or Naked Snake again cause Konami wants to do the live service drip feed.
I'm hoping the content they have already done would be day 1, given this seems to be more of a traditional "buy the game and get the entire thing" instead of what they were doing with SRBO. But i can't say I'm confident on that happening, lol

Horray! That's the news I've been looking for. Everything about the game sounds perfect, it has my most requested classical mode. Only bad thing about this news is September is just too far away...

I have the first R on my Switch and have played a bit, but the difficulty put me off. Do you just get used to it? I was a big fan of the Super Bombermans back in the day and none seemed as challenging as the boss fights in R. Any tips? This thread is making me want to revisit.

I have the first R on my Switch and have played a bit, but the difficulty put me off. Do you just get used to it? I was a big fan of the Super Bombermans back in the day and none seemed as challenging as the boss fights in R. Any tips? This thread is making me want to revisit.
Bomberman in general I feel doesn't always lend itself to great boss battles in single player with a few game exception like Bomberman 64 and Hero. I don't recall any of the bosses being hard in R, more just annoying cause it wasn't always intuitive what you needed to do.

Bomberman in general I feel doesn't always lend itself to great boss battles in single player with a few game exception like Bomberman 64 and Hero. I don't recall any of the bosses being hard in R, more just annoying cause it wasn't always intuitive what you needed to do.
I enjoyed the big screen-filling bosses of Super Bomberman. My hazy recollection of R was facing off against other Bombermen that could move so fast and seem to always be able to evade my bombs, had massive flame reach; just seem to be able to anticipate my every move. Maybe I didn't even get to a boss per se?

I enjoyed the big screen-filling bosses of Super Bomberman. My hazy recollection of R was facing off against other Bombermen that could move so fast and seem to always be able to evade my bombs, had massive flame reach; just seem to be able to anticipate my every move. Maybe I didn't even get to a boss per se?
Each world in R had 2 bosses, a 1 on 1 with the rival bomber, and then the rival bomber attacking in some giant robot.

Play the game again. The rival bombers got patched to be more accessible (Their AI was impossibly strong earlier on) at one point.

I might be interested, but I hope this time the story mode is longer than the first chapter which was barely 5 hours long. 😑

Quoted by: Leo
I might be interested, but I hope this time the story mode is longer than the first chapter which was barely 5 hours long. 😑

I mean, it's a Bomberman game. That duration is on par with the classic entries, it won't get much longer than that.

If you don't think that plus the multiplayer modes are enough to justify the price, you're probably better off waiting for a sale.

So excited for this. Mega Bomberman was my first video game ever. I have a lot of nostalgia for this series.

Also, is this now the latest-dated Switch game?

Also, is this now the latest-dated Switch game?
It appears so, Rune Factory 3 releases on 9th same month. We don't have many upcoming games targeting for a later fall date either, Infinity Strash, two of the Level-5 games (DECAPOLICE and Fantasy Life) and three NISA games (Nayuta Boundless Trails, Disgaea 7 and CRYMACHINA).

Back
Top Bottom