• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Stuff you firmly believe will (eventually) become true

Smilator

Rattata
Pronouns
He / Him
First thread here and not sure if this Is even thread worthy.
But in recent years whenever I read a "supposed" leak (maybe from 4chan) there was always stuff that made me laugh and say, yeah leaker my ass.

Two particular examples of my superior reasoning are Metroid Dread and Sora in Smash. Every damn time people mentioned in a leak Dread or Sora I would dismiss it sooo quick.

Hence, here's the idea for this thread. What stuff do you believe will eventually happen? I firmly believe we'll live in a world with Half Life 3 and a new Earthbound.

What about you?

I believe in some shape or form, Mother 3 will one day be officially playable in English.

I also believe that one day there will be a new F-Zero. Couldn't tell you when, but someday.

The people being born now will play some game that I don`t get, which collectables of it will end up being worth thousands of dollars in the future.

Directly Nintendo related: One day the rest of the world besides just Japan will come to appreciate the My Summer Vacation Series.

I think, wholeheartedly, that someday every first-party will bring their biggest IP to mobile phones day 1 on releases. If not the game itself, something related to it.

A revival of one of the many 4th/5th game generation RPG franchises I like WILL happen one day, and in a way that's actually good and not a gacha game. Skies of Arcadia, Golden Sun, Grandia, Lunar, Lufia, Breath of Fire, Wild Arms, Valkyrie Profile, Chrono, etc. No idea which one it'll be, but it's gotta happen eventually. Please...

When foldable screen technology gets cheap enough, Nintendo will introduce the Nintendo Flip™, a console/smartphone hybrid evoking past portables' clamshell design.

I think they'll eventually make a Paper Mario RPG again. Maybe not next time, but eventually. The fanbase is just too loud on it. Nintendo pays attention to fan demands more than a lot of people think (see stuff like Pikmin 2 getting rid of day count, Smash Ultimate's roster, honestly even Breath of the Wild and SMO to some degree), and I think this is one of those things where the fan demand for it is loud enough that they're aware. If nothing else TTYD will definitely be playable on modern hardware again one day.

I'm a lot less confident in this one, but I think that IF Smash continues, we'll eventually get non-gaming characters. It's their secret one-up card, the ONE way they can one-up including Snake, Sonic, and Cloud.

I believe that eventually Nintendo (or a partner developer) will make a new Wario Land, I feel that Nintendo are willing to try genres that they have avoided in the past now and fund games that are less likely to have huge sales. It also seems like they are interested in revivals for more GB/GBA franchises recently as well.

Mother 3 will happen honestly it's quite weird it hasnt yet, earthbound like indies are doing insanely well. Ninty shouldve done it after the big undertale hype but it's still a good time to release it whenever.

I think they'll eventually make a Paper Mario RPG again. Maybe not next time, but eventually. The fanbase is just too loud on it. Nintendo pays attention to fan demands more than a lot of people think (see stuff like Pikmin 2 getting rid of day count, Smash Ultimate's roster, honestly even Breath of the Wild and SMO to some degree), and I think this is one of those things where the fan demand for it is loud enough that they're aware. If nothing else TTYD will definitely be playable on modern hardware again one day.

I'm a lot less confident in this one, but I think that IF Smash continues, we'll eventually get non-gaming characters. It's their secret one-up card, the ONE way they can one-up including Snake, Sonic, and Cloud.

Honestly, I'd buy day 1 a TTYD HD remaster. There are already texture packs out there that look pretty good. Maybe add some bonus content and tweak the lightning to make it look more modern and you have a million-seller.

Or do the bare minimum and I'd still buy it too lol.

yah mostly what others have already said...

starfox grand prix
mother 3 will get localized
f-zero will return

That one day will get a remake/rerelease of not just Lunar Silver Star, but Eternal Blue as well using the same engine. The amount of times we've gotten a new version of Silver Star without Eternal Blue is mind numbing. Lunar Legend on gba, Lunar touched on ios, and Lunar Harmony on psp, but none of them were followed up with another rerelease of Eternal Blue.

Honestly, I'd buy day 1 a TTYD HD remaster. There are already texture packs out there that look pretty good. Maybe add some bonus content and tweak the lightning to make it look more modern and you have a million-seller.

Or do the bare minimum and I'd still buy it too lol.

Tbf I said "playable on modern hardware". I think by like, the Switch 3, they'll eventually give us Gamecube on NSO or something and tTYD will be one of the games offered.

Buddy Mission Bond getting an English localization! I kept believing when everyone told me the Famicom Detective Club remakes wouldn't make it over, and it paid off. I'll keep believing in this one too.

One day Star Fox will get a brand new game that isn't a remaster or a remake and it will be a success both with critics and in sales.

There will be at least one Pokémon game in the future with all of them included.

For me it's that Switch Sports Club and Switch Party are coming. I've been banging on about the former for years now, but keep desperately clinging onto the idea that it'll eventually happen now that Mii characters are back and motion controls are increasingly being used.

• SSX will be revived and on Switch.
  • Chrono series isn't dead and we will see a new entry in the near future.
  • A LoZ game with custom character as protag
  • Link will have a voice
  • Mario x Mickey Mouse crossover will happen
  • GameFreak will create a new mega-franchise like Pokémon
  • There will be a third Mario brother.

A new F-Zero will eventually happen during the “Switch family of systems” era. It has to ;_;

Directly Nintendo related: One day the rest of the world besides just Japan will come to appreciate the My Summer Vacation Series.
As awesome as that would be, isn't it more directly Playstation related? I really do hope it happens though, Attack of the Friday Monsters being Millennium Kitchen's only localized game is such a tease.

Nice thread! Get ready for some baseless conspiricising.

A couple years back, Sega didn't include certain sports in their latest Mario & Sonic Olympic game(Tennis, Golf, Basketball, and Volleyball), sports that they previously had no qualms with using and were among the more popular, and ever since I've been convinced it was because Nintendo wanted to do their own Switch stand-alone releases for those sports instead.

I think the thing that really convinced me of this theory though, is that 2020 was the year Baseball was added to the Olympics and that would have been a big selling point for that game had it been included, but it was also nowhere to be found. All four other new Olympic additions that year(Skateboarding, Karate, Surfing, and Rock Climbing) were added to M&S and were a big focal point of the advertising for the game.

So off the back of all this speculation, I've convinced myself that most of those missing sports, if not all, will get a Mario Sports game on Switch(or at least were held back on the chance that they would) So how has that been going for me?

✅Mario Tennis
✅Mario Golf
❔Mario Baseball
❔Mario Basketball
⁉️Mario Volleyball

"E.Gadd," you say, "They are always releasing Mario Tennis and Golf games, this literally proves nothing get some fresh air, my gawd." To which I say, you are probably right. Possibly. But this this a thread about beliefs, however irrational, and this is one that should be debunked fairly soon if nothing materializes this coming year anyway.

Also, sadly, if I'm right then this does not bode well for Mario Strikers. Soccer/Football was included in M&S Tokyo like it was no big thing. 👀

Anyways, thanks for reading, even(and especially) if the thought of more Mario Sports on Switch makes you bristle with apathy!

I think we'll get one or more Yoot Saito collections in the future as well as a new game on Switch making good use of the joycons.

And if they add non-game characters, the first one will definitely be Goku. They’re well aware of the demand for Goku.

A Zelda with the Wii U Tech Demo artstyle and setting. Much better visual though, because I predict something like that coming 2025+.
Maybe a TP direct sequel given that it's the only Zelda game that sold a lot and didn't have a direct sequel.

Last edited:
The people being born now will play some game that I don`t get, which collectables of it will end up being worth thousands of dollars in the future.

Is that the same one as Boku no Natsuyasumi? I haven't followed the series closely, I didn't know it ever came to non-Sony systems.

Is that the same one as Boku no Natsuyasumi? I haven't followed the series closely, I didn't know it ever came to non-Sony systems.
As awesome as that would be, isn't it more directly Playstation related? I really do hope it happens though, Attack of the Friday Monsters being Millennium Kitchen's only localized game is such a tease.
resize

The Shin Chan game that came out 2 months ago is a my summer vacation game in all but the main character is a different model and a little bit more annoying, heh.

Shigesato Itoi will return to the video game industry
Ik can actually see Hobo Nikkan Itoi Shinbun as a publishing company for games where Itoi will regularly be involved in directing the games published by his company.

This may be a safe bet, but I can truly see a 3D Donkey Kong happening again. I felt this way even before the rumors from months ago - it just makes all the sense in the world considering Nintendo is even expanding their parks with a DK Themed Park - and now they’re even getting Kirby to go 3D. I really feel like DK has a great shot at going 3D again - and this time it will hopefully be done right. (Don’t get me wrong: I love DK64, but part of that is nostalgia talking. Revisiting that game a few years ago reminded me that it has quite a few issues. Still love it, though.)

Nintendo will, one day, add a western powerhouse development studio on par with what Rare was in the N64 days.

Playable Zelda (my hopes are so high for BotW2 but I’m sure they’ll be crushed).

Remaster of FFXIII trilogy (or just the first game). I’m in this XIII discord and they seem so adamant it’s not gonna happen and are super negative about it… and I thought I was the pessimistic one.

Back
Top Bottom