• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Street Fighter 6 [PS|XBS|PC] Pre-release Discussion Thread (Updates in Threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimberly and Juri both look great. I wonder what kind of range Juri has on those dive kicks though, and how/if her moves charge. Not too keen on Kimberly’s “ultra”, but I do like the take on bushinryu overall.

I’ve seen every trailer so far, but still wow, I’m fully blown away how good this game looks. These animations are excellent! From the two characters today, I’m most excited for Juri. Looks downright vicious with her attacks.

Just look exception all around, Kimberly's movement looks sick especially. Glad Juri has some of her SF4 tools back (feel she just has everything from 4+5 now). Can't wait to see the rest of the roster in action.

Also
Ehnk0-xU8AAeJ-p.jpg

Am I the only one struck by just how exceptionally normal all these character names are?

It's not like they're the first SF characters like this. I mean... Ken. But so far the names seem like the least interesting part of the characters.

Here we go! Still can not get over how good this game looks in motion.

the old characters are looking better than they did in sfv and the new characters keep replacing old characters I dislike. all good stuff

C3S4TYd.jpg

Not sure when exactly they announced this, but I only just noticed it. The game being shown off at TGS was to be expected, but now we know the time and date.
Just a quick reminder this is happening soon. Hope we get another two for one character reveal, but I also really hope that we finally get a closer look at World Tour.

Maybe a release date/window too, if that's not too much to ask.

Dhalsim and Blanka are two of my all time faves so this is great. I see non-fighting arcade games in the arcade so that's great too. Capcom is the best at giving love to their arcade library.

I’ve never been big on Street Fighter but holy cow, SF6 looks amazing. I’m so glad they’re including wacky party stuff. And that virtual arcade! Wow. Now I just want to see Vega, Dudley and Hakan

I cannot get over how much swagger this game has. Capcom is swinging for the fences and know they can deliver.

And I’m loving the various nods to their history in that trailer. So good.

Finally had the chance to watch it on a bigger screen than my phone's, and it still looks gorgeous, but let's just say RE engine isn't doing Blanka any favours, lol. Looks like Capcom's servers are still getting hammered, wasn't able to get my beta registration in so far.

OP is now up to date again. Looking forward to tomorrow's stream, which I should be able to watch live for a change.

I like how they just revealed the rest of the roster like that, lol.

I mean, we had the leaks anyway, but still.

Has anyone else been playing the beta? I've been having a ton of fun with Luke and Kimberly. The game in general is polished quite nicely.

Has anyone else been playing the beta? I've been having a ton of fun with Luke and Kimberly. The game in general is polished quite nicely.
Didn't manage to register in time, so I missed it. Honestly can not wait to get some hands-on time with the game. Perhaps they'll do another round closer to release.

Is this game going to use “fight money” or whatever, that’s the only thing that would concern me about this

Game is just insanely fun and polished all around. Feels really good to be excited for Street Fighter again after I fell off with SFV. The netcode especially is super solid, had almost no issues playing cross-continent.

Is this game going to use “fight money” or whatever, that’s the only thing that would concern me about this
I don't think they've talked about monetization yet at all, I imagine it'll just be a season pass though.

I watched a video with 20 mins of Ken gameplay a while back, and while it looks great overall, I found the dialogue incredibly cheesy, generic and repetitive to the point where it's spoiling things slightly. We don't need to hear so much from these characters when they have nothing to say and it quickly becomes repetitive.

I watched a video with 20 mins of Ken gameplay a while back, and while it looks great overall, I found the dialogue incredibly cheesy, generic and repetitive to the point where it's spoiling things slightly. We don't need to hear so much from these characters when they have nothing to say and it quickly becomes repetitive.
I'm confused, what dialogue are you talking about exactly?

I'm confused, what dialogue are you talking about exactly?

The stuff on the character select and post-match. The lines I heard were lame. Just my opinion.

Still having the fighters shouting move names every time doesn’t work great either imo. The visuals are great but it seems like the sound hasn’t moved on since the older games.

The stuff on the character select and post-match. The lines I heard were lame. Just my opinion.

Still having the fighters shouting move names every time doesn’t work great either imo. The visuals are great but it seems like the sound hasn’t moved on since the older games.
I don't really pay much attention to pre/post battle quotes in fighting games so I won't comment on that but moves being called out with the same voiceline every time is probably to make sure attacks have distinguishable audio cues.

Ryu not saying hadoken when he's throwing plasma would also just be weird to me lol.

bJPson's psycho powers know no limits.

My fight money drive dollars?

Prepare for F2P antics in a full price game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom