• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Star Wars |ST| SW fans cannot help what they are. Their passion leaves a trail. The enthusiasm for Star Wars is like an itch. They cannot help it.

With the best will in the world...

...Solo was the first Star Wars film to lose money at the box office. It's underperformance is the reason Disney stopped making any more spin off films (despite Rogue One making a billion)

There's no sane world where Solo 2 is happening.

1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. A New Hope
  3. Return of the Jedi
  4. The Last Jedi
  5. Rogue One
  6. The Force Awakens
  7. Revenge of the Sith
  8. Solo
  9. The Phantom Menace
  10. Attack of the Clones
  11. The Rise of Skywalker
I’d put revenge of the sith higher but otherwise that’s pretty close to how I’d rank them

So, I'm going to watch Andor soon.

Gulp
I thought it was really good and want more.

Cancelling HBO after this season of Game of Thrones ends and diving right into the animated Clone Wars series and back heavy into Star Wars.

I thought it was really good and want more.

Cancelling HBO after this season of Game of Thrones ends and diving right into the animated Clone Wars series and back heavy into Star Wars.
You reached the fifth season of Game of Thrones?

I hated that show since season 2.

eailwWJ_d.webp

@Raccoon

I just watched up to episode 5.

How's everyone else feeling this series so far?
I'm only two episodes in but so far I appreciate that it's just, like, a show.

There aren't any characters tryina shove in my face how Star Warsy it is, and I'm so so so so so so so happy to be somewhere other than goddamn Tatooine. Rather than feeling like a fan film that managed to cast the original actors, this one just feels like a regular sci-fi show about regular people that just happens to take place in the same galaxy as Star Wars. Which is exactly what I was hoping for from the post-trilogy media.

I likes.

There aren't any characters tryina shove in my face how Star Warsy it is, and I'm so so so so so so so happy to be somewhere other than goddamn Tatooine. Rather than feeling like a fan film that managed to cast the original actors, this one just feels like a regular sci-fi show about regular people that just happens to take place in the same galaxy as Star Wars. Which is exactly what I was hoping for from the post-trilogy media.

I likes.
I dislikes.

:(

I likes.
That's exactly what I love about it

It feels like Star Wars is finally freed from the chains of having to justify its existence under Disney

It feels like Star Wars is finally freed from the chains of having to justify its existence under Disney
Actually, yeah, it pretty much does what TFA, TLJ, and TROS couldn't.

Which is be and feel different.

Yes!

The only thing that kinda sucks is it's still based on a character from the movies, and a lot of what's coming in the pipeline is also series about pre-established characters. But Andor is at least an offshoot character unrelated to the space kardashians. Which Mando was, too, but it eventually became tough to separate Mando from all the Baby Yoda stuff and the cameos and again, the inexplicable need to return to Tatooine. And I'm hoping the upcoming series can feel more like Andor, if that makes sense. More like their own things that exist based on their own merits.

btw have I mentioned how much I'm looking forward to Patty Jenkins' Rogue Squadron?

Yes!

The only thing that kinda sucks is it's still based on a character from the movies, and a lot of what's coming in the pipeline is also series about pre-established characters. But Andor is at least an offshoot character unrelated to the space kardashians. Which Mando was, too, but it eventually became tough to separate Mando from all the Baby Yoda stuff and the cameos and again, the inexplicable need to return to Tatooine. And I'm hoping the upcoming series can feel more like Andor, if that makes sense. More like their own things that exist based on their own merits.

btw have I mentioned how much I'm looking forward to Patty Jenkins' Rogue Squadron?
I basically want Star Wars but for it to not bonk us over the head about being Star Wars.

If that makes any sense.

I basically want Star Wars but for it to not bonk us over the head about being Star Wars.

If that makes any sense.
Just bonk us over the head with awesome characters and writing

I know exactly what you mean.

Also, I believe that episodes 6 and 7 wouldn't be nearly as good without the slow-paced character focused tension building over the previous episodes.
I agree completely.

I'll be honest: I did exaggerate. Hell, if you were to look through my entire social media history outside of this site, my opinion of the show was that it was "good" and "pretty well-done" but I did feel the lack of "Star Warsiness" during the first 3 episodes... which is also the show's main strength, in a way.

Again, it does what J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson just couldn't do in the trilogy they were tasked with.

More info on The Bad Batch and The Mandalorian as well as the video game Jedi Survivor.

I would recommend you all subscribe to the YouTube channel; it's one of the better Star Wars YouTube channels and not right-wing.

@MSnap

So, champ, how did your recent Star War go.
Loved the Bad Batch. Going through Visions now. First one was good. After that it’s The Book of Boba Fett. Great stuff so far.

Until this past month, I’d only seen the live-action movies, and now I’m nearly caught up with the TV shows.

Loved the Bad Batch. Going through Visions now. First one was good. After that it’s The Book of Boba Fett. Great stuff so far.

Until this past month, I’d only seen the live-action movies, and now I’m nearly caught up with the TV shows.
Yeah, The Book of Boba Fett is the "controversial one" but that's only because of Boba Fett fans lmao

Yeah, The Book of Boba Fett is the "controversial one" but that's only because of Boba Fett fans lmao
I’ve never really been a Boba Fett fan, but I liked what they did with him in Clone Wars and the Mandalorian.

I'm not even a Boba Fett fan at all, just.. I guess call me Luke Skywalker because I'm ready to be gone from Tatooine

I’d rather they just recast, but deepfake Luke is honestly pretty impressive. Almost done with Book of Boba, then I’m starting Obi-Wan.

Back
Top Bottom