• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Star Wars |ST| SW fans cannot help what they are. Their passion leaves a trail. The enthusiasm for Star Wars is like an itch. They cannot help it.

Y'know... I've been binging the prequels to prepare my soul for Obi-Wan and I think RotS is now in my top 3. In my opinion, I really think that George Lucas nailed Anakin's arc.

Y'know... I've been binging the prequels to prepare my soul for Obi-Wan and I think RotS is now in my top 3. In my opinion, I really think that George Lucas nailed Anakin's arc.
Good.

I like the fact that George Lucas didn't try to make him too sympathetic.

Because he's not supposed to be.

He is quite clearly a person that should be bad and we should NOT be trying to justify his fall.

IMHO

It was simulataneously garbage lore, totally pointless, added nothing to the story of star wars, ruined future elements.............

And kinda fun.

Just seeing Ewen & Hayden return was worth it, even if it kinda doesn't make any sense.

Literally the harder you think about it the more nothing makes sense, but you know........Give up on trying to make this thing go anywhere, right?

Star Wars needs a permanent "Garbage Galaxy" tag, but it's all good. That last duel made me forget about why on earth Reva was hunting Luke and how that makes no sense given Luke knew nothing about the force or whatever.

Most fun I've had with Star Wars since Disney took over, and honestly............aren't we kinda after fun with the movies that brought us the Luke+leia kiss......oh wait their siblings saga?

I rewatched 'Revenge of the Sith' immediately after Kenobi and it reminded me why I once loved the franchise in the first place. It resonates even more with me today because of the looming threat of facism all around the world. Its probably my 2nd favorite movie behind 'Empire Strikes Back'.

Also Ewan really nails every emotional beat.... damn. Like in the series.

EDIT: I can also recommend the novel. While its no longer canon it still adds a lot of depth to the characters and story.

I rewatched 'Revenge of the Sith' immediately after Kenobi and it reminded me why I once loved the franchise in the first place. It resonates even more with me today because of the looming threat of facism all around the world. Its probably my 2nd favorite movie behind 'Empire Strikes Back'.

Also Ewan really nails every emotional beat.... damn. Like in the series.

EDIT: I acan also recommend the novel. While its no longer canon it still adds a lot of depth to the characters and story.

I loved the music as a kid, tbh.

It also had some of the most iconic and favorite moments of the franchise, such as this one:

I loved the music as a kid, tbh.

It also had some of the most iconic and favorite moments of the franchise, such as this one:

The prequels have arguably the best score of all the Star Wars movies imo. But maybe I say this because I grew up with them.

The prequels have arguably the best score of all the Star Wars movies imo. But maybe I say this because I grew up with them.
Eh, we're all biased in some way. Hell, PT nay-sayers grew up with the OT during their childhood and most will prefer that as a result and even take a high-brow view to any perceived changes to it or retcons or what have you.

I don't think you're wrong on this. Williams was firing on all cylinders when he wrote the prequel score.

When you consider how iconic the OT score is, it's easy to imagine that any composer would be intimidated in trying to follow up that work twenty years after. Instead, Williams just picked up where he left off and composed legendary piece after legendary piece.

Duel of the fates.

Across the stars.

March on the Jedi temple.

Anakin's dark deeds.

Battle of the heroes.

Peak Star Wars right there. With stuff like AtS, you could argue that Williams is pulling double duty, selling the idea of a doomed romance between two characters where Lucas'actual writing struggles to convey it.

The sequel trilogy has its moments, but you can tell that because the directors are fans first, they're more concerned with getting Williams to keep reprising the pieces they grew up loving (see: Yoda's theme in TRoS). The prequels are the time when Williams was commanding absolute fire, using music as a core storytelling device as part of a saga.

It says it all that if you compare the prequels to Lord of the Rings (the other big trilogy that was out at the time) while the writing and direction are leagues apart, Williams score can go toe to toe with Howard Shore's soundtrack in terms of musical depth and sheer bravado.

Fucking spoiled is what we were back then, musically.

The Weather Channel just ran a thing about how the world is running out of sand and I'm sitting here thinking how happy Anakin would be to hear that

I don't think you're wrong on this. Williams was firing on all cylinders when he wrote the prequel score.

When you consider how iconic the OT score is, it's easy to imagine that any composer would be intimidated in trying to follow up that work twenty years after. Instead, Williams just picked up where he left off and composed legendary piece after legendary piece.

Duel of the fates.

Across the stars.

March on the Jedi temple.

Anakin's dark deeds.

Battle of the heroes.

Peak Star Wars right there. With stuff like AtS, you could argue that Williams is pulling double duty, selling the idea of a doomed romance between two characters where Lucas'actual writing struggles to convey it.

The sequel trilogy has its moments, but you can tell that because the directors are fans first, they're more concerned with getting Williams to keep reprising the pieces they grew up loving (see: Yoda's theme in TRoS). The prequels are the time when Williams was commanding absolute fire, using music as a core storytelling device as part of a saga.

It says it all that if you compare the prequels to Lord of the Rings (the other big trilogy that was out at the time) while the writing and direction are leagues apart, Williams score can go toe to toe with Howard Shore's soundtrack in terms of musical depth and sheer bravado.

Fucking spoiled is what we were back then, musically.
I completely agree!

The Weather Channel just ran a thing about how the world is running out of sand and I'm sitting here thinking how happy Anakin would be to hear that
"I don't like sand... Welp, won't be seeing a single grain of it moving forward! Best not dwell on it."

- Anakin, before turning to the light side and changing his name to "Hayden Christensen"

:ROFLMAO:

Just curious, how the hell can we run out of sand?
The short version is that sand is used extensively in construction and its extraction is completely unregulated which is causing issues in the environments it's being extracted from.

What are the implications? While @chocolate_supra is right that there will be less "loose" sand to fret over, Anakin seems to be woefully unaware that sand is literally all around us in some way. Even in that scene where he expresses his hate for sand he is probably within spitting distance of sand without realizing it.

What are the implications? While @chocolate_supra is right that there will be less "loose" sand to fret over, Anakin seems to be woefully unaware that sand is literally all around us in some way. Even in that scene where he expresses his hate for sand he is probably within spitting distance of sand without realizing it.
They were overlooking a lake or river during that scene, weren't they? There would've been a sandy waterfront.

They were overlooking a lake or river during that scene, weren't they? There would've been a sandy waterfront.
mirror-e1530894467160.jpg

I'll elaborate on prequel talk and toss it out there that the scene on the spaceship platform in Mustafar is probably my favorite scene in all of Star Wars. Padmé, Anakin and Obi-Wan all meet here, and their character journeys, both emotionally and in terms of development, they all come together wonderfully in the scene - Anakin's relationships with both Padmé and Obi-Wan comes to their respective conclusions here, and it's a haunting thing to watch unfold.

There's just so much density and nuance here once you really dig into it. We see Anakin finally become full-on, all-out unhinged, and how it affects Padmé, and we see Obi-Wan and Anakin clash after that, as Obi-Wan sees his former apprentice descend into madness firsthand. It's a real gut-punch.

And I know so much lines in the PT gets memed on but "only a Sith deals in absolutes" literally gives me shivers every time.

And then Anakin vs Obi-Wan happens, my favorite duel in the series, both in terms of a thematic journey as well as choreographically.

What a journey the entire movie is.

Damn, I wish I knew earlier that Tales of the Jedi was going to be in The Clone Wars animation!

Great stuff.

I'm optimistic about Andor. Trailer was way more ambitious than I expected. Alot of characters which surprised me as well. Hope its good. Almost don't want to bring up Rogue One (which I rank at the lowest of the Star Wars honestly; Rise of Skywalker was a fun Goonies movie that at least kept the core cast together and not split into pointless subplots) often also described as the best. This seems to at least really ground and world build extensively between the prequel and original trilogy in a hopefully intriguing way, while not telling as obvious of a story (or one that didn't need to be told, like when people bitched about Solo which I rank 3 overall in the movies). 3 episode premiere... must be a slow burn to the catalyst.

I'll elaborate on prequel talk and toss it out there that the scene on the spaceship platform in Mustafar is probably my favorite scene in all of Star Wars. Padmé, Anakin and Obi-Wan all meet here, and their character journeys, both emotionally and in terms of development, they all come together wonderfully in the scene - Anakin's relationships with both Padmé and Obi-Wan comes to their respective conclusions here, and it's a haunting thing to watch unfold.

There's just so much density and nuance here once you really dig into it. We see Anakin finally become full-on, all-out unhinged, and how it affects Padmé, and we see Obi-Wan and Anakin clash after that, as Obi-Wan sees his former apprentice descend into madness firsthand. It's a real gut-punch.

And I know so much lines in the PT gets memed on but "only a Sith deals in absolutes" literally gives me shivers every time.

And then Anakin vs Obi-Wan happens, my favorite duel in the series, both in terms of a thematic journey as well as choreographically.

What a journey the entire movie is.
He goes from hero to abusive husband. That shit's scary.

Seems the Partisans will be quite prominent in this series. Maybe they were a major Rebel faction at this time?

Never seen it either, but if the film Death Warrior with the same actor is anything to go by, its a masterpiece
Are you being serious about the Death Warrior thing or sarcastic?

Sorry, I'm actually a bit interested in Turkish cinema so I wasn't sure if you were still doing a bit about Turkish Star Wars being "great" or a "masterpiece" or something.

Are you being serious about the Death Warrior thing or sarcastic?

Sorry, I'm actually a bit interested in Turkish cinema so I wasn't sure if you were still doing a bit about Turkish Star Wars being "great" or a "masterpiece" or something.
Death Warrior is a real movie and super fun. It stars the great genre film actor Cüneyt Arkın. I'm sorry if I came across as insulting to Turkish cinema. Just watched the very good Turkish film Law of the Border today actually.

Disney & Marvel Games Showcase [September 9, 1:00 PM PT/4:00 PM ET/10:00 PM CET]
YouTube | Countdown

FaN5_eCUEAE-1uE

For more events in the near future check out the events ST https://famiboards.com/threads/summer-2022-game-events-st.2971/

From @frog

More Star Wars news:

So apparently, Cassian Andor loses his whole civilization during the Clone Wars, right when the events of the Battle of Umbara (and other similar events in The Clone Wars series) are taking place.

Star Wars news again:

So apparently Skeleton Crew connects to a lot of shows in the post-ROTJ era.

I felt that The Last Jedi was too samey and relied too much on fan service.

I think Revenge of the Sith and The Phantom Menace were better films than TLJ.

I felt that The Last Jedi was too samey and relied too much on fan service.

I think Revenge of the Sith and The Phantom Menace were better films than TLJ.
I don't know, that particular movie relying too much on fanservice seems an odd takeaway considering what immediately precedes and succeeds it. Of the three sequel installments, and while it did contain visual homages and different connections to previous films, I'd suggest it's the one that would stand as its own entity the best were fanservice components removed, while also being the one to best tap into the mythic core of the series (though, yes, there are parts of the movie I wish had done that, and other elements, better).

Thoughts?

About the possibility of Mandalorian and Boba Fett announcements?
With The Mandalorian fast approaching, that seems a safe bet; now, Fett is another issue. Ol' Boba Tea could be referenced because of a role in The Mandalorian or even simply because his ship is incredibly iconic. That's not to say they couldn't be preparing a new season of his own -- this streaming business really likes pushing out content -- but I wouldn't say the inclusion of his ship on this poster strongly suggests that.

Anyhow, everything I see for Andor gives me some measure of hope. It looks like it could actually be pretty good. I guess we'll be finding out soon enough.

Possible movie announcements incoming.

Probably at D23. It seems that Star Wars will have a huge presence there.

Back
Top Bottom