• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Postgame & Spoiler Discussion Thread

I like the depressing ending and I actually think 2 would benefit from such an ending as well. Pyra and Mythra should have stayed dead instead of being split at the end. It kind of undid her sacrifice before that. I’m actually happy they went there for 3.

I like the depressing ending and I actually think 2 would benefit from such an ending as well. Pyra and Mythra should have stayed dead instead of being split at the end. It kind of undid her sacrifice before that. I’m actually happy they went there for 3.
I think it would have been pretty dire for the previously suicidal person to be forced to sacrifice themselves in the end of 2 so their return has always been fine with me.

I think it would have been pretty dire for the previously suicidal person to be forced to sacrifice themselves in the end of 2 so their return has always been fine with me.
Then they should‘ve never written the end sacrifice bit. Idk I just felt manipulated emotionally at the end of 2.

Last edited:
God it's just great that one picture that is shoved off to the side and most won't experience, will not only dominate this game, but has already caused people to say that this game is a harem hentai anime game. Which is great. Just great. Let's forget that it's a story with a whole new cast of characters that are the fucking focus, no it's now a harem hentai game. Great. Absolutely great. /s

Hell people in other places are now actively spreading misinformation to get people to not buy the game because of this one picture. Great. Absofuckinglutely great. Even "Nintendo is now a lover of hentai, hope this fails to teach that company a lesson!" Who doesn't love a actual malicious effort to get a game cancelled. /s
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Xenoblade 3 is probably gonna sell more than 2. I don't think that part is gonna matter one bit.

Without any explicit spoilers or actual details, does the game give a good reason for Mia and Melia being here in their roles? Like a yes or no answer please.

Also a very interesting fact, that nobody talks (maybe alot are playing on emulators and not on swicthes). This game is Switch Pro/2 Ready. It always use 96% of CPU and GPU on switch, it doesnt matter if I ultra overclock it or only overlock a little it takes it all to run as clear as possible.
the vast majority of people will be playing on actual switches so yeah I do expect it to be talked about.

Without any explicit spoilers or actual details, does the game give a good reason for Mia and Melia being here in their roles? Like a yes or no answer please.
Having read the spoiler I guess I'd say yes? But I can see someone arguing it as no.

I actually wonder where the children of Nia, Pyra and Mythra are? Did they got erased when the worlds merged?
As for Rex having children with all three: Honestly doesn't bother me. Having watched too many harem anime where the MC chooses a girl that wasn't my favorite, I actually love that they had the balls to go for the three.

I actually wonder where the children of Nia, Pyra and Mythra are? Did they got erased when the worlds merged?
As for Rex having children with all three: Honestly doesn't bother me. Having watched too many harem anime where the MC chooses a girl that wasn't my favorite, I actually love that they had the balls to go for the three.
It just makes me even more sad for Melia lmao, really wanted her to be with Shulk

Man, Rex wasn't lying when he said he love all of them. Nearly all the discourse of the game from outsiders is gonna be about that scene, I'm sure.

Out of all the Tetsuyas, I think Takahashi might be the biggest troll of them all.

i think M/original Mio is meant to be rex and nia's kid, I saw a memory type thing in the tearher were M and Nia meet but there was no audio it was just a scene

It just makes me even more sad for Melia lmao, really wanted her to be with Shulk
Melia gettingn the Monado Replica EX as her memento is sure...a choice. Poor girl can't catch a break
i think M/original Mio is meant to be rex and nia's kid, I saw a memory type thing in the tearher were M and Nia meet but there was no audio it was just a scene
It will really interesting if that's true. Actually, would the children of Rex and the girls be as long lived as their mothers or they would fall more in-line with the normal "human" lifespan of Xeno 2 world? N and M child was erased when the worlds merged right? Could see that happening with the others.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Xenoblade 3 is probably gonna sell more than 2. I don't think that part is gonna matter one bit.
If anything it'll fuel the discourse when talking about 2, not 3. It's literally a small and rather insignificant part if anyone is talking about 3.

A question : Is there a Xenoblade 1 equivalent to THAT in this game? Not the harem thing but some sort of closure or what were they doing type of stuff?

I got a question.. does future connected play a role here? particularly, fog beasts?
yeah, there's fog everywhere in the world and It does stuff like stopping the Irises that the characters have from working. The main villain also seems to use the fog somehow

I've seen some people say there's a statue of Shulk and that's it and I was wondering if there's more. Thanks!
oh I haven't seen the Shulk statue, but from what I can tell callbacks to 1 and 2 are limited to the ending, and after Nia looks at the picture and hugs Poppi we get Melias equivalent and it's just her with the Monado

Not gonna lie. I didn't play Xenoblade 2 but seeing that picture sure didn't give me any reason to ever play it. Really off putting.

God it's just great that one picture that is shoved off to the side and most won't experience, will not only dominate this game, but has already caused people to say that this game is a harem hentai anime game. Which is great. Just great. Let's forget that it's a story with a whole new cast of characters that are the fucking focus, no it's now a harem hentai game. Great. Absolutely great. /s

Hell people in other places are now actively spreading misinformation to get people to not buy the game because of this one picture. Great. Absofuckinglutely great. Even "Nintendo is now a lover of hentai, hope this fails to teach that company a lesson!" Who doesn't love a actual malicious effort to get a game cancelled. /s
It won’t really matter in the long run & may even help out the legs for this game from people loudly proclaiming how terrible it is. I’m still quite frankly baffled at how one game broke people this badly, & not in a good way. Like you had to have known something like this was coming in some form or fashion heading into this game especially if you theorized it had connections with 1 & 2.

Oh, I thought they were losing their minds in a funny way, and not in a outraged way.
I'm not a fan of the implications myself, but in the end it's just a throwaway reference, so who cares...

yeah, i don't like the implications, or the message it's sending (and never particularly liked that they brough Pyra and Mythra back at the end of XC2) but given that it's meant to be a quick reference to XB2 it's not gonna put me off XC3.

I feel somewhat (and I may be wrong) that the people who are going to be outraged the most about it likely were never going to play this game anyway. Each to their own though- everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'm know I'm playing with fire coming into this thread since I don't want to hear or see any Spoilers, but I still like just seeing peoples reactions to pass the time until Friday.

While I haven't seen this controversial picture, and I'm not a fan of what it implies, I also think it may not be what it seems. It wouldn't seem right.

So I'll wait for a final judgment.

from what I've seen there not a lot of romance in general. which make it funny that people obsessing over the screen shot so much lol
I don't personally find it funny that the game is cool with that screenshot yet gay characters are still a no-show but w/e.

Also:
Isn't Noah and Mio's relationship a Big Thing™ in 3's plot or am I misinformed?

I don't personally find it funny that the game is cool with that screenshot yet gay characters are still a no-show but w/e.

Also:
Isn't Noah and Mio's relationship a Big Thing™ in 3's plot or am I misinformed?
from what I've seen
they're counterparts more than romantic

i couldn't help myself and looked at the pic and ngl, i find it pretty gross. it's a shame monolith soft went there.
Yeah, it's not making me particularly hopeful for the sexism in the rest of the game 😅. Waiting for reviews on this one.

Yeah I’m just going to say that it’s shit like that leaked pic that just makes this series too skeevy-feeling for me. Which fucking sucks cause they are without a doubt very fun and well made games. I quite enjoyed XC1 and X, but I’ve held off on 2 and I don’t see myself getting into this one anytime soon. Sucks to see an otherwise great series be tainted with this dumb fucking shit.

they are predisposed to hating this game but that spoiler gave them so much ammo
if those are actually his kids it feels like they didnt want to favor one of the relationships so fuck it they all have kids with rex.
let's not do this here.
We don't need to bring up other communities, under contexts like these. It serves little purpose. Thanks.

hmmm the designs on 3 are much less sexist than the designs on 2, maybe I’ll play this one since people seem to really like the other aspects of the game

…oh

i couldn't help myself and looked at the pic and ngl, i find it pretty gross. it's a shame monolith soft went there.
Yeah, my hopes for the rest of the game aren’t high any more. Loved 1, thought X was okay, and was so disappointed by 2 that I sold it.

People saying “it’s out of context!” and “they just want to hurt the game!” smdh

It’s not the scene in itself that is the problem, it’s how Monolithsoft like to dump on their female characters in general. It’s signaling that 3 might not be any better than 2 in that regard.

and man I want to like this game! I love exploring these huge-ass crazy worlds and marvel at the monsters and shit, but like, I already live in a country that sees people like me as second-class citizens and baby making machines (if you have a healthy uterus) at best. I don’t want to have to keep shrugging that attitude off in my fucking entertainment too.

like dudes, if you live in the US, Roe Vs Wade was just killed by the Supreme Court not even a full month ago, please learn some empathy instead of lolling it up or getting defensive and angry at people who are disappointed to get more of the same in this current cultural moment.

Dismissing people's valid concerns regarding sexualization, and referring to them as "crazy", will not be tolerated. You are receiving a one week ban. - Aurc, paranoodle, Donnie
Guess ppl was rigth that one pick that has no impact on the game can affect it score, w/e the game is amasing, now im 23hours in. It is the best jrpg I have play on my life, and I had played games since I was 6. Btw 0 sexualitation that for some reason makes everyone crazy, just 0 and the game devolpment in story/gameplay is quite good so far

ok this is to much hahaha
Maybe Spoiler:
jmk8n6xvdea91.jpg

1-week ban for downplaying concerns of sexism with unrelated whataboutism - paranoodle, hologram, Aurc, Donnie
Mess I didn’t want to comment on this here we go.

Fire Emblem fans getting brave when incest is a thing in that series even necrophilia. Now come on now. Yall moral high ground is messed up.
Same people having problem with that pic but go ahead and call Game of Thrones cinema. Yes, western media good. Japanime bad.

Mess I didn’t want to comment on this here we go.

Fire Emblem fans getting brave when incest is a thing in that series even necrophilia. Now come on now. Yall moral high ground is messed up.
Same people having problem with that pic but go ahead and call Game of Thrones cinema. Yes, western media good. Japanime bad.
You mean something the villain does which is shown as an extremely horrible and evil act? Also Fire Emblem is Japanese media lmao, wtf are you even on about?

Funniest cope I’ve ever seen.

Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom