• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Postgame & Spoiler Discussion Thread

I don't think Riku can really be locked in yet, A is also a viable option.
Pretty sure it’s A as they don’t even have a statue in the founder’s room. I think Riku just helped them (will probably explain where lucky 7 comes from)

The music has been bugging me for a while, and I finally figured out why. It shares a lot of DNA with Racing Into the Night by YOASABI, especially the bridge at the end that loops back into the chorus.

I can't be the only one that hears it, right?

DLC looks great but I hope the community system won't be mandatory again. It was awful in torna and i don't want to go through it again.

I think the 7th founder has to be Riku, it wouldn't make sense to have the 7th statue missing if it's just another character that we don't know.
Riku would make more sense to be made a mystery.

I'm still not too sure about this strategy of leaving the big lore drops for the DLC but I'm not going to complain about getting what I want either.
Yeah, Im not a fan of dlc's. Just pack everything in one game and dont water it down. Im so mad its not a standalone, physical game. Ehh I hate digital so much.

Re-reading the statue inscriptions post-trailer is a trip. Doyle in particular seems to spoil a character arc and possibly even what I would expect to be late game stuff, so hopefully it's not supposed to be a big twist.

Reid and Cassini's identities remain a mystery, even after the trailer. Who was Shulk raising as his own? It's apparently someone other than Nikol.

Doyle's inscription strongly suggests Nael turns on Moebius and lives out her life in the City following the events of Future Redeemed.
There's also the bit about her helping to "bring the power of Ouroboros to completion", and Vandham's statue indicates it was previously "limited". I think we can put this together pretty fully now:

-In the very first pre-N Noah flashback, the Ouroboros stone they have is said to not be fully understood.

-Matthew's Ouroboros Knuckles can perform the function of a stone, but in a more limited capacity. It's also inherited from Ghondor, indicating it's likely been used before.

-We haven't seen a full Ouroboros form taken in the game - only the weird effect going on.

-The Founders are supposed to be the first Ouroboros. Similarly, Glimmer is referred to as a "Clockless" - not Ouroboros, despite having the Ouroboros Iris.

This all supports the idea that the "complete" Ouroboros power is simply what the XB3 crew got from the stone in Chapter 1, and that what we'll see for most of the game isn't that; instead, the first City only partially realized the power of Ouroboros stones to make things like Matthew's blade. This was already speculated from the teaser back in February, but it seems very likely now that Interlinking is largely gone, only to return as a late game/final boss only thing (if it's not relegated to a final cutscene). I also wouldn't be surprised if class swapping is another thing that's considered part of the "complete" Ouroboros power, though more for game scope reasons than narrative.

Taking the above in conjunction with Doyle's inscription, I would posit that the "first Ouroboros" will be the first group of interlinking 6, which curiously would exclude A in favor of Nael, and possibly even the mystery identities of Reid/Cassini over Shulk/Rex (one of which could theoretically be A, though it doesn't feel likely), as otherwise I'm not sure what the significance of the actual Founders is. This would also mean we'd get a same-sex Ouroboros pair, as Reid and Cassini's inscriptions both use feminine pronouns, though given the Matthew-Nael pair I'd imagine they aren't going the implied romance route for each pairing this time so this wouldn't necessarily mean anything for inclusiveness.

There's also a possibility that Matthew and Nael are the only two to Interlink, as their statues alone highlight the full power of Ouroboros. Ortiz (Nikol) is also referred to as "one of the first Ouroboros" though.

Timeline-wise, N's ravaging of the first City seems to be what sets the events of Future Redeemed in motion, not the climax, as that's when Nael goes missing. I'm not sure if it'll be the introduction XB1 Colony 9 style, or if we'll only see it in flashbacks. The opening shot of the trailer is almost certainly during this.

I'm still not too sure about this strategy of leaving the big lore drops for the DLC but I'm not going to complain about getting what I want either.
It kept 3 approachable for newcomers. It was a fine choice.

This trailer is bonkers, but it's hard to understand without knowledge of 1/2.

Last edited:
Re-reading the statue inscriptions post-trailer is a trip. Doyle in particular seems to spoil a character arc and possibly even what I would expect to be late game stuff, so hopefully it's not supposed to be a big twist.

Reid and Cassini's identities remain a mystery, even after the trailer. Who was Shulk raising as his own? It's apparently someone other than Nikol.

Doyle's inscription strongly suggests Nael turns on Moebius and lives out her life in the City following the events of Future Redeemed.
There's also the bit about her helping to "bring the power of Ouroboros to completion", and Vandham's statue indicates it was previously "limited". I think we can put this together pretty fully now:

-In the very first pre-N Noah flashback, the Ouroboros stone they have is said to not be fully understood.

-Matthew's Ouroboros Knuckles can perform the function of a stone, but in a more limited capacity. It's also inherited from Ghondor, indicating it's likely been used before.

-We haven't seen a full Ouroboros form taken in the game - only the weird effect going on.

-The Founders are supposed to be the first Ouroboros. Similarly, Glimmer is referred to as a "Clockless" - not Ouroboros, despite having the Ouroboros Iris.

This all supports the idea that the "complete" Ouroboros power is simply what the XB3 crew got from the stone in Chapter 1, and that what we'll see for most of the game isn't that; instead, the first City only partially realized the power of Ouroboros stones to make things like Matthew's blade. This was already speculated from the teaser back in February, but it seems very likely now that Interlinking is largely gone, only to return as a late game/final boss only thing (if it's not relegated to a final cutscene). I also wouldn't be surprised if class swapping is another thing that's considered part of the "complete" Ouroboros power, though more for game scope reasons than narrative.

Taking the above in conjunction with Doyle's inscription, I would posit that the "first Ouroboros" will be the first group of interlinking 6, which curiously would exclude A in favor of Nael, and possibly even the mystery identities of Reid/Cassini over Shulk/Rex (one of which could theoretically be A, though it doesn't feel likely), as otherwise I'm not sure what the significance of the actual Founders is. This would also mean we'd get a same-sex Ouroboros pair, as Reid and Cassini's inscriptions both use feminine pronouns, though given the Matthew-Nael pair I'd imagine they aren't going the implied romance route for each pairing this time so this wouldn't necessarily mean anything for inclusiveness.

There's also a possibility that Matthew and Nael are the only two to Interlink, as their statues alone highlight the full power of Ouroboros. Ortiz (Nikol) is also referred to as "one of the first Ouroboros" though.

Timeline-wise, N's ravaging of the first City seems to be what sets the events of Future Redeemed in motion, not the climax, as that's when Nael goes missing. I'm not sure if it'll be the introduction XB1 Colony 9 style, or if we'll only see it in flashbacks. The opening shot of the trailer is almost certainly during this.

It kept 3 approachable for newcomers. It was a fine choice.

This trailer is bonkers, but it's hard to understand without knowledge of 1/2.
They also showed an extra clip on Twitter where Ghondor is still alive and Na’el isn’t missing yet, so the destruction of the first City shouldn’t be the opening cutscene but something that happens somewhat shortly after

They also showed an extra clip on Twitter where Ghondor is still alive and Na’el isn’t missing yet, so the destruction of the first City shouldn’t be the opening cutscene but something that happens somewhat shortly after
Unless they do the same thing as the main game and sporadically throw 20 minute long flashbacks at us.

The reason why this one doesn't get a physical version is most likely that the DLC story is not really as stand alone playable as Torna. You could enjoy Torna without playing 2 and even play it before 2. But Future Redeemed looks absolutelly unplayable and not uderstandable without 3.

Last edited:
The music has been bugging me for a while, and I finally figured out why. It shares a lot of DNA with Racing Into the Night by YOASABI, especially the bridge at the end that loops back into the chorus.

I can't be the only one that hears it, right?

Agreed, I think it has sth to do with the genre shift toward EDM. The structure of the composition (alternating between big band choruses and solos, plus a slow bridge before climaxing at the end) resembles a lot of JPop songs despite the obvious differences in instrument choice and tempo.
Case in point:

That said Kenji Hiramatsu let the instruments themselves become the main star rather than vocals in all of his battle themes for the Xenoblade series. And I love it, as the lack of vocals allows me to submerge completely into the rhythms and get along with the flow of the battle (art/attack cancelling and all that lol).

No no, you said it all wrong! It’s…
FuHpdtbagAAdKke

The reason why this one doesn't get a physical version is most likely that the DLC story is not really as stand alone playable as Torna. You could enjoy Torna without playing 2 and even play it before 2. But Future Redeemed looks absolutelly unplayable and not uderstandable without 3.
This is a weak argument. If so, why games like final fantasy 13-2 or trails exist? It's such a shame there won't be a physical version. With nintendo's track record of closing their e-shops I just dread at the though of losing this game in the future.

Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom