• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Side Order out now!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's a shame to hear. Do you feel this way even in Turf War?
Sadly yes. You better bring your A game or else you'll get fucked up - at least in my experience. That mode is constantly stressful for me nowadays.

Sadly yes. You better bring your A game or else you'll get fucked up - at least in my experience. That mode is constantly stressful for me nowadays.
Aww. I think this will sort itself out soon enough, high level players are still just getting the game and haven't been separated from the pack yet. There should always be a space for more chill play. I hope you can rekindle your passion for Splatoon. You can always try to play with people here in more casual matches, I bet that would be fun.

Aww. I think this will sort itself out soon enough, high level players are still just getting the game and haven't been separated from the pack yet. There should always be a space for more chill play. I hope you can rekindle your passion for Splatoon. You can always try to play with people here in more casual matches, I bet that would be fun.
I think I'll just finally have to accept that multiplayer shooters aren't for me anymore. Some self reflection on this issue since the release felt kinda satisfying because it means I can put that time in things that make me happy and I think it is a sign of being a more balanced person compared to my younger self.... from a mental health point of view at least. I'll certainly replay the singleplayer again before the end of the year.

I think I'll just finally have to accept that multiplayer shooters aren't for me anymore. Some self reflection on this issue since the release felt kinda satisfying because it means I can put that time in things that make me happy and I think it is a sign of being a more balanced person then in the past from a mental health point of view. I'll certainly replay the singleplayer again before the end of the year.
I feel ya, gotta do what makes you happy. And there is also the Tableturf mode if you're into that.

Couldn't win much tonight, despite being one of the better players on the teams and changing teams often. Should maybe focus on the medals more (and try less frontal assaults xD).

On another note, 1 of the 3 Splatoon 3 amiibo that are coming up is dark skinned. This game keeps doing super well on that front by Nintendo standards.

Is there any way to control the lobby music? There have been a few songs I really like and I'm curious what prompts them to play. Is it all random?

Just beat the campaign 100%. Was initially skeptical because it looked like more of the same, but wow it was great. Definitely the best campaign we've gotten so far, looking forward to the dlc.

Just played through the tutorial when you first start the game. First impressions (first timer) , seems interesting with the ink concept and I have not even started the game or really seen anything yet, but so far seems fun!

Just played through the tutorial when you first start the game. First impressions (first timer) , seems interesting with the ink concept and I have not even started the game or really seen anything yet, but so far seems fun!
Hopefully you'll keep us posted as you play, I love hearing what new players think.

Made it to S+. While I believe I played fairly well all of Rank S, I played straight butt in the rank up tests. Any human looking at my performance would have failed me despite my 3 wins. But I'll take it!

Cohozuna rewards need to be the first thing fixed in the first patch. Just unacceptable how awful they are.

I actually beat the King Salmonoid for the first time last night! It was really fun and I'm happy I finally managed to pull it off... but yeah, the rewards were really bad. We got barely anything for beating such a tough boss! I'm still happy I beat it, but they could stand to be a bit more generous.

Remaking my wish list for 2nd kits now that I have experience with the new specials and changed some of my mains:

Tetra Dualies
Even with Reefslider instead of Splashdown I don't like this kit, the cooldown from Reefslider leaves Tetras too vulnerable since sliding is necessary to defend or hit anything which takes extra time and it doesn't have enough range to make up for it, on top of that the 60 damage hit of the outer explosion is mostly useless for a weapon that doesn't combo. Auto Bomb is just meh, some synergy but not great. My dream kit for this is still Toxic Mist + Inkjet. I want to be able to do things like slow someone down from a distance and then slide towards them to make the kill or slow someone who just caught me by surprise to give me just enough time to slide in a better position. And I want a real option to switch to being a long-range threat (but weak close-up) which makes Inkjet an obvious choice with how well it worked for other Dualies in S2 and now for Tri-Slosher in S3, but it'd be even more amazing on Tetras especially to mix up someone who got too close by launching a Toxic Mist to immediately follow up with a one shot.

Splattershot Pro Squeezer (I found out that I can actually mash ZR pretty well lol so no reason to use the inferior version)
The current Splash Wall + Trizooka is already perfect for this weapon but for a fun alternative I think I'd really enjoy Torpedo + Triple Inkstrike to quickly distract or displace enemies and lead them right into my 24 frames kill.

Range Blaster
Current kit is really really good but I'm personally just not a massive fan of Suction Bomb even if it's obviously very strong. For an alternative just give it the Splatana Stamper kit, Burst Bomb + Zipcaster would work so much better on this weapon, combos even better with the sub and can kill more quickly after the Zipcaster cooldown since it doesn't need to get so close to the target to one shot. It would make skillshots so satisfying with Intensify Action reducing aerial rng.

Splat Charger E-Liter 4K (no horrible maps like Musselforge Fitness in this game)
Current kit is fine but not my style. Please give this Line Marker + Crab Tank, options to deal with walls and other obstacles while also giving it a chance to survive an assault without making it nearly invincible (hi Hydra Booyah Bomb).

Dynamo Roller
Burst Bomb + Triple Inkstrike, makes up for the weak/strong hitbox inconsistencies and lack of speed, while also enhancing painting, movement and displacement potential.

Ballpoint Splatling
Current kit fills a certain niche quite well, and I'm going in a completely different direction for my wish: Squid Beakon + Tacticooler (only if they remove the special hold and nerf the QR a bit though otherwise it'd be so OP). This'd fit so well with the concept of a backline that can rush down the enemy's spawn, both sub and special that can be super useful anywhere on the map and this weapon can access all of it. Plus the movement speed boosts would help its secondary role as a slayer.

Explosher
Not much to say about this one, the option to slow down, track opponents and combo with chip damage just fits this weapon perfectly so Toxic Mist + Wave Breaker. Current kit is very good too and follows a similar idea.

Octobrush
Torpedo + Ultra Stamp (FIX THIS SPECIAL), the Kensa kit was so cool in S2 and I feel like Torpedo would help even more with diversions.

Splatana Stamper
Curling Bomb + Big Bubbler
, great for approaching and can one shot anyone who comes into shield, a shield it really needs some times with its slow killing time from afar.

Tri-Stringer (waiting for a slower more powerful variant that isn't so hard to aim or move with)
Splat Brella (giving up on this unless they buff it, not sure if I like Tenta Brella enough to switch)

Last edited:
You know funnily enough despite blasters being great on Tower Control I actually do N-Zap for it because I find the Tacticooler much better to use during that mode and because I find myself being the tower guy so my range blaster has trouble that close to others.

I'm thinking they may hand out better rewards during special events like that Big Run they showed in the direct (or the other new modes that were datamined)
That still sucks though, currently there’s really no reason to actually beat a king salmonid because the rewards aren’t worth it.

I really love this game, but I'm getting really sick of actually playing it. I don't have my fundamentals like aiming and moving locked down and I'm just getting absolutely eviscerated in every mode without getting any better. It might not hold my interest for much longer.

Yeah I think Cohozuna might need some changed.
Better rewards more easily cuz it is... VERY stingy, I got a Gold my first time and then never again after that, I do not wanna spend it since it seems nigh impossible to get a Gold again.
And, at least give us a LITTLE more time to beat it, jeeze XD

I really love this game, but I'm getting really sick of actually playing it. I don't have my fundamentals like aiming and moving locked down and I'm just getting absolutely eviscerated in every mode without getting any better. It might not hold my interest for much longer.

The solution is to pick a weapon that doesn't require aiming or moving. You, sir, are an Explosher or Bloblobber main in the making.

Seriously, there's options in the arsenal to help minimize the importance of either moving (Splatlings, Jet Squelcher) or aiming (Sloshers, Clash Blaster, Octobrush) so you can focus on getting better in one or the other.

The level of comm errors and disconnects ending matches early these past few hours have been ridiculous. Maybe the servers can't handle the preparation for Splatfest.

The solution is to pick a weapon that doesn't require aiming or moving. You, sir, are an Explosher or Bloblobber main in the making.

Seriously, there's options in the arsenal to help minimize the importance of either moving (Splatlings, Jet Squelcher) or aiming (Sloshers, Clash Blaster, Octobrush) so you can focus on getting better in one or the other.
I actually played some Bloblobber in 2 and got a lot of stupidly cheap kills in that way. At this point it feels like, though I was never going to be any good anyway, I've missed the boat and gotten in too late to enjoy the game at all.

I do appreciate the advice though

Something's been going on the past couple of days. Can barely win Turf War, can't win any Ranked mode, even Salmon Run.

Whatever's happening behind the scenes, the game has become stupidly hard and I'm falling off despite adoring it (and winning 33-50% of matches which is fine) previously.

Something's been going on the past couple of days. Can barely win Turf War, can't win any Ranked mode, even Salmon Run.

Whatever's happening behind the scenes, the game has become stupidly hard and I'm falling off despite adoring it (and winning 33-50% of matches which is fine) previously.
yeah, I don't mind losing battles but recently I don't even win any fights

constantly getting sniped or surrounded in turf war, losing every 1v1, and of course ranked is a non-starter. presumably because of this I've been in a ton of one-sided losing battles.

where are all of my fellow novice players??? did I fuck up my mmr by transferring from 2?

where are all of my fellow novice players??? did I fuck up my mmr by transferring from 2?
I transferred from 2 as well, didn't have many problems until the past few days. I'm getting eviscerated out there, and looking at teammates' scores I'm not the only one. It's as if premade, well-trained 4 person teams can freely go ham on randos.

For those struggling to win matches, maybe it might be worth it to analyze your gameplay a bit using the replay mode? I've found it to be pretty useful myself. Of course if the matchmaking is just skewed, then that won't help much either, but it's worth a shot

Edit:
You might even find gems like this:

For those struggling to win matches, maybe it might be worth it to analyze your gameplay a bit using the replay mode? I've found it to be pretty useful myself. Of course if the matchmaking is just skewed, then that won't help much either, but it's worth a shot

Edit:

I can’t stop laughing at the little jumps over the paint. Super stealthy.

Actually, not sure why I’m laughing as it is totally the daft kind of thing I’d do…

Matchmaking is absolutely skewed and in counterintuitive directions, too. Can't speak for Turf War as the Splatfest will be the first time I heavily dip into that mode, but I've gone from a 1:3 win to loss record in Anarchy Series to 2:1 in Anarchy Open. So if Turf War is giving you shit, maybe ranked is actually more inviting as long as you stick to the version that isn't worth paying attention to for those serious about their rank.

Checkpoints create a new, very unique possibility in rainmaker. If you take the lead in overtime by capturing a checkpoint, overtime will actually flip to the other team, since you dropped the rainmaker last and they are now losing.

Has anyone else had the issue of continually being teamed up with the same people in Turf War? I’ve had stretches where I’ve been stuck with essentially the same team for multiple matches, which typically results in a string of losses if the team composition isn’t good.

Got stuck with a second Aerospray for a while, and we lost like 5 in a row through no real fault of our own beyond the poor team comp and lackluster teammates. The second they left, I got grouped with a much more balanced team and we dominated the next match.

The semi-lobbies are a pretty fun idea, but it kinda defeats the purpose when the teams are never shaken up at all.

Has anyone else had the issue of continually being teamed up with the same people in Turf War? I’ve had stretches where I’ve been stuck with essentially the same team for multiple matches, which typically results in a string of losses if the team composition isn’t good.
I thought this was intentional

I often leave and come back to reset

Edit:

This is what 1000 hours of MGSV looks like.

Got stuck with a second Aerospray for a while, and we lost like 5 in a row through no real fault of our own beyond the poor team comp and lackluster teammates. The second they left, I got grouped with a much more balanced team and we dominated the next match.

The semi-lobbies are a pretty fun idea, but it kinda defeats the purpose when the teams are never shaken up at all.
In my experience it swaps out at least one player from each team, which might not be enough depending on how unbalanced the teams are. I have sometimes found myself wishing it had mixed up the teams a bit more, yes.

This is exactly my experience with every single Splatoon, plus the gear system being so absolutely impenetrable. I always start off loving it yet feel like it pushes me away.

Edit:

That's fucking hilarious

I transferred from 2 as well, didn't have many problems until the past few days. I'm getting eviscerated out there, and looking at teammates' scores I'm not the only one. It's as if premade, well-trained 4 person teams can freely go ham on randos.
It feels Like playing with friends matches with playing with randoms. So you are playing in a disavantage all the time.

I kind of hope they nerf Reflux. I hate getting them on my team. It feels like they just sit in corners and farm tentamissles...which usally doesn't lead to us winning.

Cohozuna needs to be rebalanced.

That fucker takes too little damage from EVERYTHING.

And the rewards from beating him are laughable.

Also, fuck Flyfish

Well, kinda shameful but also awesome: turns out my kid - 8yo who uses the same account as I do - was doing way better. So I asked him what I was doing wrong, he gave me some pointers, and now I'm occasionally winning again. Yay, I guess!

turns out backing out of encounters to happily paint elsewhere, or use the breathing room to scout the environment for opportunities is kinda important

I am done with the game and the franchise in general if Nintendo continues making Online games with a worse netcode than 1996s Quakeworld.
I will finish the campaign, maybe do some Salmon Run, but the game can kiss my ass with the constant laggy enemies, getting shot behind walls, superbullets and trades at best against enemies that eat bullets like hell. But hey, at least people with a can on a string or via Tethering can play, right?
Why even try to make a proper online experience and use Peer 2 Peer as a fallback?

Fuck this game.

Back
Top Bottom