• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Side Order out now!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had a pretty decent night of Splatoon 3. I'm learning the Ranked modes, and while I'm no star player, I feel like I'm getting the strategies down more. Trying to main the Splattershot, love a good jack of all trades.

Finally got to A rank.

That was rough. Was consistently steaming through series, only to lose the rank up battles. I felt like I was paired with just awful teammates, and consistently lost despite being the best person on the team.

Found a great team in Rank Up Battle and we steamrolled all three battles. It was great. It probably helped that I switched from a support weapon, to a support Frontline hybrid with 52 gallon.

Does Era (or anywhere else) have a discord or something to allow for easy salmon run rooms?
My favorite mode but playing online with randoms is so tedious

I didn’t play for a few days and suddenly I’m doing terrible in every mode. What’s going on, why is everyone so much better at this game then they were in Splatoon 2. I should go finish the story mode

Nothing worse than filling the Cohozuna meter and then failing round after round
I had the opposite yesterday. Had my meter filled and won 5 rounds, but the dude simply didn't feel like it. Luckily hot to fight him in the very last round of that rotation

For salmon run, are your points reset every rotation to Eggsecutive VIP 40/99 or is it saved per stage?

Because if it's the former it's extremely difficult to get to max difficulty. With a fair amount of playing I got to Eggsecutive VIP 390 last rotation, difficulty level 230%. That's still 100% off from the max...

The secret level has such a weird difficulty curve. The hardest part is actually reaching the very first checkpoint, then it's plain sailing until the end.

I have pretty serious rage issues when multiplayer gaming, but i will say that splatoon 3 is a lot of fun, even when i lose lol! I had two but didnt get all that into it. Still, i have to stop after two to 3 matches per evening, as to avoid a trip to the salt mines

I didn’t play for a few days and suddenly I’m doing terrible in every mode. What’s going on, why is everyone so much better at this game then they were in Splatoon 2. I should go finish the story mode
Imo it comes down to a few things:

UI is much more clear, and presents better information to a player. Everything from seeing teammate specials, to the Wipeout text allows even randoms to have a lot more information. If you arent using this information, it will be harder.

Splatoon 3 is a much, much more balanced game already than 2 ever was. Shooters dominated Splatoon 2, along with special spam. Now, each weapon class feels like it can feel a niche, and do really well. You can see so many rollers, blasters, splatlings, and chargers now. And that's a good thing. Brellas are pretty rare still, but they are getting there. But now you have to play around all of these weapon classes, which can make it harder.

Failed like, 10 times in a row, on this Salmon Run.
I could do max level in Splatoon 2 without too much issues. Is it just this much harder this time, or, is this combination of the stage and weapons and the constant high-tide just making it annoyingly difficult
Also Cohozuna keeps being near impossible to beat. Appeared on High Tide on this level, and at the same time, a Flyfish spawned in the way-back area by the greates, of course.

Spawning Grounds is a true clusterfuck now. They just made SR much harder in general with the "balance" of being able to throw eggs now.

Clam Blitz is awful and the game would actually be better by removing it entirely as it would allow me to play the modes that are actually good more often.

Every time it's in the rotation it simply removes one mode from the rotation from me. No way I'm subjecting myself to CB with randoms.

Clam Blitz is awful and the game would actually be better by removing it entirely as it would allow me to play the modes that are actually good more often.

Every time it's in the rotation it simply removes one mode from the rotation from me. No way I'm subjecting myself to CB with randoms.
Absolutely agreed. Sometimes I don't have time to play after coming home... then I'll try to fit some gaming time in the remaining 1-2 hours before going to bed...

and let me tell you something...

Then seeing Clam Blitz in the active rotation fucking sucks...

Thank god there is Salmon Run

Not a big fan of Clam Blitz either but it's the game mode where I utterly destroy everyone in with ink brush consistently lol.

Man I don't know why I didn't take Splattershot Jr. seriously before. I'm destroying people in Turf War with it right now.
I feel lame for maining Splattershot Jr. but hot damn it is an inking machine. The way it just oozes goo everywhere makes it perfect for Turf War.
I can hardly try out other weapons without feeling like I'm just not inking enough.

I feel lame for maining Splattershot Jr. but hot damn it is an inking machine. The way it just oozes goo everywhere makes it perfect for Turf War.
I can hardly try out other weapons without feeling like I'm just not inking enough.
Give splash-o-matic a try, I’m hooked on it for pretty much the same reason

If anyone wants to see what Hazard Level 333% looks like in Next Wave

WOW! Their coordination is incredible. And the way they move/reset the camera and aim with Y, it feels like I was watching the video at 2x speed. I've never been good enough at manipulating the camera like that, it's very impressive IMO.

The Ink Vac needs a buff ASAP, I can't believe how astonishing worthless in most situations it is (@Sheldon, you were right). I can't wait for the next Jet Squelcher and .96 Gal kits >_<

Having said that, I'm really getting used to the Angle Shooter. I usually like giving the final blow with it, I find it funny (I still prefer the point sensor, tho :p).

When the inkbrush kit got first revealed, I saw some mixed reaction online, but boy is it a fun kit. The movement speed, bombs and special allow it to ambush and hunt specific people down. It's really fun! Currently omw to S+ and at a 10-win streak in ranked series

Ink Vac needs a buff ASAP, I can't believe how astonishing worthless in most situations it is (@Sheldon, you were right). I can't wait for the next Jet Squelcher and .96 Gal kits >_<
I think it's pretty good, better than I expected. Only thing that could warrant a buff is the blast; it feels kinda weak for the amount of time you have to spend charging

I feel exactly the same way about the Aerospray. I never used it in Splatoon 2, but now I’m obsessed with it. I spent a couple of days trying turf war with other weapons, but my inking felt far less efficient. So I still feel lame, but a happy and having fun lame!

The Ink Vac needs a buff ASAP, I can't believe how astonishing worthless in most situations it is (@Sheldon, you were right). I can't wait for the next Jet Squelcher and .96 Gal kits >_<

It's the only special that's more likely to kill you than the opponent. That poor fool in the video just wanted to protect their buddy and in the end couldn't even help themself. Having said that, I gave the Jet Squelcher another spin and I still vibe with the main weapon. As soon as it gets either an impactful sub or a special, one or the other will do, I'm back on board. And yeah, I'd take a .96 variant, too.

Last edited:
I feel like S rank is really unbalanced? It's either you get absolutely destroyed or you just annihilate everyone and win so easily. Barely any balance matches.

Any tips for beating the kettle that's on rails at site 2 where if you don't destroy all the targets the next rail doesn't appear and you fall to your death?

Is there a name for your teammates being pricks and staying at the base yelling booyah over and over instead of actually playing?

I had hoped that would end in Splatoon 2 but of course not.

Is there a name for your teammates being pricks and staying at the base yelling booyah over and over instead of actually playing?

I had hoped that would end in Splatoon 2 but of course not.
Squid partying? Yeah I hate that, thankfully it doesn't happen in high ranks

Oof, I think I'm going to give up here, lost 6 times in a row in S rank with no luck and currently at -105p. I never experienced this badly lol.

To put this in perspective, I'm X rank in Splatoon 2.

Overdramatic post incoming:

I guess I am done with this game until the singleplayer DLC drops. The realization that I am just not good enough at multiplayer games anymore to enjoy them hits hard these days. It really saddens me how a game I love just isn't fun to me anymore because no matter the mode it constantly feels like I am playing against professionals. It always feels like I have to give my very best to even get some fun out of it. It is honestly really draining to play this especially after coming home from work. These games are really not for me anymore and its honestly the same with Salmon Run.

I still love the concept - I love some of the modes but at the end of the day I am just too unpatient and unskilled I guess. Maybe I am just getting old but it feels kinda bad to put aside a game I love this much. It is seriously my GOTY and it deserves every inch of success it can get. What a terrific game.

I still wish everyone in here a good and fun time with the game and I guess I'll be back when the DLC drops.

Overdramatic post incoming:

I guess I am done with this game until the singleplayer DLC drops. The realization that I am just not good enough at multiplayer games anymore to enjoy them hits hard these days. It really saddens me how a game I love just isn't fun to me anymore because no matter the mode it constantly feels like I am playing against professionals. It always feels like I have to give my very best to even get some fun out of it. It is honestly really draining after coming home from work. These games are really not for me anymore and its honestly the same with Salmon Run.

I still love the concept - I love some of the modes but at the end of the day I am just too unpatient and unskilled I guess. Maybe I am just getting old but it feels kinda bad to put aside a game I love this much. It is seriously my GOTY and it deserves every inch of success it can get. What a terrific game.

Still... I wish everyone in here a good and fun time with the game and I guess I'll be back when the DLC drops.
Are you doing bad or are you doing good and getting the Ls? I'm not an skillful player by any means, I'm still B rank, playing for 35h.

I feel like the trick for me is just to be content with my performance even if my team gets beaten, those gold medals are great haha

Are you doing bad or are you doing good and getting the Ls? I'm not an skillful player by any means, I'm still B rank, playing for 35h.

I feel like the trick for me is just to be content with my performance even if my team gets beaten, those gold medals are great haha
I honestly can't tell anymore if I am good or not. I don't think I am weighing down teams but I am not in the mood anymore to be this competetive about games nowadays. Just felt kinda empty inside after being so hyped for Splatoon again.

I honestly can't tell anymore if I am good or not. I don't think I am weighing down teams but I am not in the mood anymore to be this competetive about games nowadays. Just felt kinda empty inside after being so hyped for Splatoon again.
sorry to read that, I guess I'm not a competitive person at all so I'm happy with small stuff like getting the gold medal of "super jump spot" when I get that medal I say out loud to myself "Ever the paragon Mio" lol haha.

Hope you can find joy on Splatoon again

sorry to read that, I guess I'm not a competitive person at all so I'm happy with small stuff like getting the gold medal of "super jump spot" when I get that medal I say out loud to myself "Ever the paragon Mio" lol haha.

Hope you can find joy on Splatoon again
No worries. I still love the franchise and thankfully the singleplayer just keeps getting better with each new entry.

Someday I will use the reef-lux and hit someone more than once in a match. The tri-stringer is difficult to use but with it you can hit enemies consistently, it's just difficult to hit them hard enough to kill. The reef-lux feels completely useless but I suppose I'll give it another try whenever it gets a better kit
When used right the vacuum is an unstoppable force in all the ranked modes where it can completely neutralize a whole push. It's just usually worthless in turf (where ironically control of any particular area is never that important since everything is the objective), is often worthless when the player is alone, and is completely worthless when used as a panic special. For my money only tacti-cooler and wave breaker are distinctly better than it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom