• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So since getting an OLED I never had my battery run out on me before I felt like I was ready to stop the game I’m playing. Until today. Splatoon 3 is so addicting - had to rush to a charger mid-game before my console died.

Last edited:
Does this game just try its hardest to keep you away from ranking up in anarchy battles or am I just bad

I’ve been stuck in B+ since shortly after release

Hit rank A+ today, with just 46 points left until my rank-up battle. Gonna play some open with some friends tomorrow to get the rest of the way and then do my battles, but I'm pretty confident I'll get S this week. I get stressed about ranks, so once I hit S, I've agreed to myself that I'm gonna stop squabbling over ranks and just consider every battle practice. I have to get much better if I wanna get X rank ever, after all, and the best time to practice is well before X rank comes out.

Lost my last match in a Series due to someone disconnecting during the last minute while we were winning. Enemy took the RM further in the last 5 seconds. Pain.

Ever since I've played with friends, it feels almost impossible to go back to playing with strangers.
Solely because most of them just don't booyah back. 😭

Like it's so demoralizing when they don't, bc for me, when you do booyah back that's like a sign the team is an actual team!! Unity!! We got this!! - type of thing. Instead of everyone just doing their own thing. + ITS FUN and its a team game after all!!

Basically THIS:

But alas to rank up I need to bear with this for a bit longer. 🥲

I can't even enjoy the game when I want. This morning, few players in serie, I get the same mediocre ones matched with me which is a no go with only three attempts and open is japan only at this time apparently and the latency is unmanageable.
My friends are also bothered by this game, high risk of dropping it if it keeps going.

Ever since I've played with friends, it feels almost impossible to go back to playing with strangers.

Like it's so demoralizing when they don't, bc for me, when you do booyah back that's like a sign the team is an actual team!! Unity!! We got this!! - type of thing. Instead of everyone just doing their own thing. + ITS FUN and its a team game after all!!

Basically THIS:

I don't booyah when I'm splatted, but I do when I do a good trade (taking out a sniper or splatling when I'm a splattershot).

There's definitely an ettiquette and expectation people will booyah back at the start of the match though. I tend not to initiate booyah but I will always do it back!

I don't booyah when I'm splatted, but I do when I do a good trade (taking out a sniper or splatling when I'm a splattershot).

There's definitely an ettiquette and expectation people will booyah back at the start of the match though. I tend not to initiate booyah but I will always do it back!
I always booyah back
I also nearly always say Ouch when I get splatted so that people will know where there might be an enemy

People like u are the backbone of the Sploon society fr 😭

Haha but I can definitely understand when people new to the game still have trouble with keeping track of everything happening on screen so it's understandable when occasionally no one booyahs back.

It's funny how when I give up on Booyah-ing first because no one ever answers, someone else does it instead! And then I'm like AW YEAH I WONT STOP DOING IT EITHER.
Like a (not)vicious cycle LOL.

People like u are the backbone of the Sploon society fr 😭

Haha but I can definitely understand when people new to the game still have trouble with keeping track of everything happening on screen so it's understandable when occasionally no one booyahs back.

It's funny how when I give up on Booyah-ing first because no one ever answers, someone else does it instead! And then I'm like AW YEAH I WONT STOP DOING IT EITHER.
Like a (not)vicious cycle LOL.
Haha, as someone who hates stuff like Voice Chat, things like a Start-of-Battle Booyah is communication enough for me to do while getting to trust that the team will at least try to play as a team.
Luckily, most of my matches starts with someone Booyahing.
However
In Splatoon 2, Booyahing at the start of a battle often caused someone to start to spam it and squidbagging, as if me Booyahing back meant "Yeah let's not playe the game!" so I usually only Booyah if someone starts it first ^^"

Haha, as someone who hates stuff like Voice Chat, things like a Start-of-Battle Booyah is communication enough for me to do while getting to trust that the team will at least try to play as a team.
Luckily, most of my matches starts with someone Booyahing.
However
In Splatoon 2, Booyahing at the start of a battle often caused someone to start to spam it and squidbagging, as if me Booyahing back meant "Yeah let's not playe the game!" so I usually only Booyah if someone starts it first ^^"
Same, I don't do VC either so I really appreciate in-game mechanics to be useful enough for communication!

And oh right, squid parties are a thing.. forgot about that. 😅
I like to think that the new lobby in splatoon 3 kind of got (mostly) rid of the parties in battle since you can do those while waiting in the queue now!

Wish I always had great runs like this one. It just feels so good when it happens.

Same, I don't do VC either so I really appreciate in-game mechanics to be useful enough for communication!

And oh right, squid parties are a thing.. forgot about that. 😅
I like to think that the new lobby in splatoon 3 kind of got (mostly) rid of the parties in battle since you can do those while waiting in the queue now!

I agree. I don't mind the lack of communication; I'd even argue that it makes the game a better experience for the most parts though the subltle yet very useful addition of the Wipeout! message is greatly appreciated. It's like a "it's time to push" notification for the whole team.

Basically THIS:

I always start a match with a booyah and it’s about 50/50 whether people reply.
If I stay with the same people for several matches I will still start with a booyah (and get no reply).
I booyah to say thanks for the drink from tacticoolers.
I booyah when I have super jumped to someone to say thanks for actually being somewhere useful to jump to.
If I hear another booyah even though I have no clue why they are booyahing I will still booyah back.
I’ve noticed way more people do them in salmon runs.

Anyway, basically booyah for me is part of the fun and makes me smile when I hear lots of them echoing across the map. I love it!

If I hear another booyah even though I have no clue why they are booyahing I will still booyah back.
Lol I do this too! It's always funny finding out it was 2 people booyahing after they did some great teamwork and you're just there booyahing along from the other side of the map

Also, there's not enough love for the OST, it's really solid. C-Side is exactly what I wanted coming from Splatoon 2 OST and the Deep Cut splatfest tracks are amazing too. Not to forget some hidden bangers like this one that kinda flew under the radar:

Lol I do this too! It's always funny finding out it was 2 people booyahing after they did some great teamwork and you're just there booyahing along from the other side of the map
That has just cracked me up laughing. Its like two people high fiving each other and we’re off in the distance high fiving ourselves.

giphy.gif

Someone tell me how to keep myself from demoralizing

Another rank up lost

In which one loss was a DC loss

The game wants to fucking drown me in misery.

I’ve noticed way more people do them in salmon runs.
I feel like there's more time to breathe and booyah in SR. I'm finding myself letting one go during the jump back to the basket between rounds.

That said, I really ought to do callouts in Turf Wars. Part of what stops me from using them is you need to take your thumb off the movement stick. But I'm trying to at least use "This Way!" more when I can remember to do so.

Someone tell me how to keep myself from demoralizing

Another rank up lost

In which one loss was a DC loss

The game wants to fucking drown me in misery.
Your identity is not your rank. Detach and let it go

I feel like there's more time to breathe and booyah in SR. I'm finding myself letting one go during the jump back to the basket between rounds.

That said, I really ought to do callouts in Turf Wars. Part of what stops me from using them is you need to take your thumb off the movement stick. But I'm trying to at least use "This Way!" more when I can remember to do so.

Your identity is not your rank. Detach and let it go
I’d have an easier time detaching if the game hadn’t hit me with a disconnect yesterday, right on the victory screen of my rank up winning match and then assigned me a loss.

The game and its shitty, wobbly online literally cheated me out of a hard fought victory (it was a really narrowly won Splat Zone!!)

And then it disconnected twice and assigned losses on two out of three losses on my next attempt.

And then it did it again yesterday and one of my defeats was a DC loss.

Now, I have lost another Rank up where one of three losses was the game booting me out and then punishing me for it. Would I have won the match it made me lose and won the rank up I lost by one match? I will never know.

First run with the random weapons Salmon Run went well! Was the fireflies swarm thing, and we got wiped in less than 30 seconds. Got 4 points! Woo!

That’s probably exactly why more people do it in salmon run. It’s the perfect opportunity for a quick booyah,which I translate as well played/I can’t believe we survived that chaos (or in my case sorry I fell in the water for no apparent reason) before the next round.

Also, there's not enough love for the OST, it's really solid. C-Side is exactly what I wanted coming from Splatoon 2 OST and the Deep Cut splatfest tracks are amazing too. Not to forget some hidden bangers like this one that kinda flew under the radar:

I’d love to hear this to play in a battle.

that's what your right thumb is for!

buff this shit asap jesus christ

worse than stamper

I see it more as a free pincer/distraction button. You're instantly behind the enemy if used right (which this person did not), which gives them the choice to turn around and fight you, or keep fighting your team. It's not a 1v1 win button.

it kinda feels like you're actually holding a weapon lmao
Nintendo needs to bring back the crappy plastic Wiimote molds, but this time model them as Splatoon weapons. I’d totally buy an NZap.

Bonus points if they implement true motion controls where you need to mimic your weapon of choice. Brush mains would be jacked.

I see it more as a free pincer/distraction button. You're instantly behind the enemy if used right (which this person did not), which gives them the choice to turn around and fight you, or keep fighting your team. It's not a 1v1 win button.
It has a niche for sure, but it's got such a high floor to use effectively that it's a complete joke in low-level play

buff this shit asap jesus christ

worse than stamper

it kinda feels like you're actually holding a weapon lmao

In the single player, the impact of the Zipcasting squidkid, as they are pulled toward the wall, kills two Octarians.

It is a bit like a Splashdown lite.

In the multiplayer, a direct impact does little damage. I guess they balanced it as strictly a flanking tool.

I have the flu and I think I’m too sick to play so I’m probably the problem but also petition to remove spawning grounds from the game

The frame rate during higher difficulties of Salmon Run is atrocious, it's like a slide show.
I don't know how those VP +400 and Hazard Level Max people deal with it.

Spawning Grounds continues to be the worst map ever and the Grizzco Stringer feels pretty underwhelming.

Edit: even on VP +100 the frame rate is eggstremely bad :(

Because you can throw eggs now, they need to scale up the difficulty. Also too many people were hitting max hazard level quicker than intended in 2.
Considering the way throwing eggs empties your ink tank, they didn't scale it properly.
I'm hoping the first balance patch will address quite a few things about SR difficulty.

Where/when did they say that about reaching Max faster than intended?

wait this track is amazing, when does it play?

Back
Top Bottom