• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Side Order out now!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately, the Splatoon 3 servers are seeming to have a lot of problems recently. Hopefully this can be addressed soon. The game doesn't seem to be running anywhere near as well as it did around launch.

I am VERY CURIOUS if Splatoon 3, Mario Rabbids 2, and Bayo3 were supposed to be on mythical new hardware. Couple of weeks and we will see how both Rabbids2 and Bayo 3 run on OG Switch.

If they run bad, I personally wish nintendo may have considered holding more of these games until the new hardware would be released.

Seems likely imo, new hardware in coming in 2023. Question is... will it be BC. I have heard both sides of this. Will it be BC at Home only? (Built into the dock).
Nintendo has a very strong history of BC long before it was cool, what with the GBC, GBA, DS, Wii, Wii U, and 3DS having immediate compatibility at least one gen behind. The Switch likely would have attempted to maintain backwards compatibility too if its design concept wasn't in fundamental opposition to the Wii U's and 3DS's.

Of course, then Nintendo went with an NVIDIA chipset and several more hardware specs that would make such a feat nigh impossible, so depending on the order these decisions are made I could be entirely wrong. Could also be that Nintendo switched to NVIDIA specifically because of the existence of the NVIDIA SHIELD as well.

Regardless, I expect Nintendo to see the Switch audience too large and too engaged with the existing platform for them to be able to afford to reset the library completely, especially now that every major competitor on the market has swallowed the bullet and maintained backwards compatibility like Nintendo historically is so well known to do.

Made a second art post, and of course it’s also not showing up in anyone’s game… My last one never did, either. I’m so pissed at this opaque posting system. Why should I even bother making posts if they’re never going to be seen in game?! I even bought a device to help me auto-draw stuff into the game (that I design by hand on my computer, or draw on my iPad first) specifically so that it’d be easier for me to make good looking posts that have a chance at getting popular, but now that seems like it was a big fucking waste since my posts still aren’t being seen.

I just don’t understand how this system works. I see plenty of posts from popular people online who I recognize, like the Good Vibes Gaming post someone just mentioned on the last page—and that post was also clearly made using a device to convert an existing image and auto-draw it into the game like mine, and I’ve seen a fair amount of others like it, so that’s certainly not what’s stopping mine from showing up. Tons of great art posts rightfully get Fresh!’d enough to show up and stick around for awhile, yet when I make posts of a similar level of quality to many of the popular ones they’re just sent to the void to die and never be seen, apparently. Even more frustrating is that plenty of low effort posts somehow make the cut and show up in people’s games, like a post that only says “Spaghetti O’s” in sloppy handwriting. That gets broadcast to everyone’s game but my posts don’t?? What the hell?!

And it’s not just my posts! At least two of my friends have been trying to get their posts seen in other games, too, but have had no luck. How is it that popular people online are having no issue getting their posts to appear in game, and all these low effort posts get through as well, but our posts are being thrown out?! I know it has nothing to do with the Facebook/Twitter post that’s shared, because that’s a totally separate thing from the actual post submission for the game, plus I’ve seen popular posts in game that only have a few likes on their respective Twitter post, so there’s no correlation there.

It’s just so incredibly frustrating. Especially since you can’t guarantee a way to see (and therefore Fresh!) friends’ posts like you could in the original Splatoon with Miiverse. Please someone, anyone, tell me I’m not alone here and that you’re having the same issue. Or if you’ve not had any issue with your posts not appearing in other people’s games, what is it that you’re doing that makes that the case?!

Made a second art post, and of course it’s also not showing up in anyone’s game… My last one never did, either. I’m so pissed at this opaque posting system. Why should I even bother making posts if they’re never going to be seen in game?! I even bought a device to help me auto-draw stuff into the game (that I design by hand on my computer, or draw on my iPad first) specifically so that it’d be easier for me to make good looking posts that have a chance at getting popular, but now that seems like it was a big fucking waste since my posts still aren’t being seen.

I just don’t understand how this system works. I see plenty of posts from popular people online who I recognize, like the Good Vibes Gaming post someone just mentioned on the last page—and that post was also clearly made using a device to convert an existing image and auto-draw it into the game like mine, and I’ve seen a fair amount of others like it, so that’s certainly not what’s stopping mine from showing up. Tons of great art posts rightfully get Fresh!’d enough to show up and stick around for awhile, yet when I make posts of a similar level of quality to many of the popular ones they’re just sent to the void to die and never be seen, apparently. Even more frustrating is that plenty of low effort posts somehow make the cut and show up in people’s games, like a post that only says “Spaghetti O’s” in sloppy handwriting. That gets broadcast to everyone’s game but my posts don’t?? What the hell?!

And it’s not just my posts! At least two of my friends have been trying to get their posts seen in other games, too, but have had no luck. How is it that popular people online are having no issue getting their posts to appear in game, and all these low effort posts get through as well, but our posts are being thrown out?! I know it has nothing to do with the Facebook/Twitter post that’s shared, because that’s a totally separate thing from the actual post submission for the game, plus I’ve seen popular posts in game that only have a few likes on their respective Twitter post, so there’s no correlation there.

It’s just so incredibly frustrating. Especially since you can’t guarantee a way to see (and therefore Fresh!) friends’ posts like you could in the original Splatoon with Miiverse. Please someone, anyone, tell me I’m not alone here and that you’re having the same issue. Or if you’ve not had any issue with your posts not appearing in other people’s games, what is it that you’re doing that makes that the case?!

It's like expecting something to go viral. There's a limited number of space with a massive influx of users... just keep trying, but don't expect it to show.

Quoted by: Tye
The sound effects of every weapon in Splatoon have always been some of the most satisfying in gaming it's hard to believe how much the devs still managed to improve them in S3

It's like expecting something to go viral. There's a limited number of space with a massive influx of users... just keep trying, but don't expect it to show.
If that’s the case then it doesn’t make sense that posts from popular artists and such on Twitter seem to always make it into other people’s games (like, I often see the posts on Twitter first, and then sure enough they’ll also appear in my game, pretty much without fail), but then all this other random low effort shit also makes it in.

It’s just incredibly frustrating that the whole thing is so unclear and no one seems to have answers about it. Like, if I try reposting my art, will it even have another chance, or will the system detect it as a duplicate and not even share it at all? ‘Cause I tried reposted my last post multiple times after waiting a few days first in hopes that it would appear in other games, and it never did happen no matter the time of day or day of the week that I posted it.

And how are posts even getting a chance to be Fresh!’d before showing up in everyone’s games in the first place?! One would assume that, between multiple people’s games, there’d be a decent amount of posts that only one person ever sees because it was randomly sent to their game, but I regularly compare the posts from my game with the ones that appear in my partner’s game, and this seems to never happen; we always have the same posts, and if for some reason I can’t find one immediately, it always appears a bit later. The same seems to be true for our friends’ games, too. If the game was truly sending newly made posts out to a smaller number of games to give them a chance at being Fresh!’d enough to be pushed to everyone’s games, then surely there’d be some unique posts appearing between each of our games, right?? Especially low effort posts, ‘cause I’m sure tons of those must get posted regularly, but somehow all of the low effort posts we see also appear in each of our games…

The sound effects of every weapon in Splatoon have always been some of the most satisfying in gaming it's hard to believe how much the devs still managed to improve them in S3
tat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat BLAT

Like, c’mon, tell me ya’ll wouldn’t Fresh! this. If it was actually appearing in people’s games, it’d be Fresh!’d for sure.

Fd26qurakAE2dBG

And it'd be Detective Pikachu sized, right?
... right?
I’d expect it to be more Guardian-sized, maybe, or even just normal-ish size (maybe slightly larger like some of the Monster Hunter amiibo) depending on how they choose to pose him, but we’re almost certainly gonna get one along with Shiver and Frye eventually so it’s only a matter of time until we know, lol.

my friends and I talk about a big man amiibo every time we play
So clearly you and your friends aren’t seeing my post appear in your games, otherwise it would have been Fresh!’d some by now. ._.

I fucking hate this posting system, ugh. Bring back Miiverse. =(

Last edited:
I am curious if the people you met in Splatsville are completely random or if there are % of people who you also play with? I remember that there is no definitive answer to this since Splatoon 1. Someone correct me if am wrong.

Quoted by: Tye
I am curious if the people you met in Splatsville are completely random or if there are % of people who you also play with? I remember that there is no definitive answer to this since Splatoon 1. Someone correct me if am wrong.
They seem to be exclusively players who have popular posts, since those same players show up in seemingly everyone’s game. (As for what makes a post “popular” in the first place…yeah, I still don’t understand how that works.) The only exceptions are the players immediately outside of the Lobby, The Shoal, and Grizzco, which will be players that you have recently played with (if you’ve played with anyone that session, that is, otherwise they’re replaced with players with popular posts), but they won’t have posts above them even if they have recently made a post (so you can’t even see your friends’ posts and Fresh! them, unfortunately). The only ones I’m not completely sure about are the players with cards that will allow you to battle against their decks.

I’d expect it to be more Guardian-sized, maybe, or even just normal-ish size (maybe slightly larger like some of the Monster Hunter amiibo) depending on how they choose to pose him, but we’re almost certainly gonna get one along with Shiver and Frye eventually so it’s only a matter of time until we know, lol.
Of course, I was just doing a 'Big Man is BIG' joke. You are suppose to blindly agree, dangit!!
But yes there is 0% chance we don't get Shiver and Frye Amiibo, and since Big Man is part of the 3, he will get one, too ^^ I am excited.

Did this just fucking happen?!!!

I had the final win for rank up and it didn’t count because of the com error at the friggin’ win screen

I’m insanely mad

In fact, I think it gave me a loss. At the fucking victory screen

Last edited:
tremendous news everyone, I'm back to being irredeemably horrible at this game and incapable of aiming

I hope for a swift and sound death

Sneaking around the final tutorial level and dropping smallfry on unsuspecting octarians is so much fun.

Splatoon Immersive Sim when? WHEN?!

EDIT: Also, it pleases me greatly how deliberately and uncaringly weird this franchise is. I love it so so much.

Did this just fucking happen?!!!

I had the final win for rank up and it didn’t count because of the com error at the friggin’ win screen

I’m insanely mad

In fact, I think it gave me a loss. At the fucking victory screen
And then I lost my next match, costing me the rank up battle

I’m livid

I played for 3 hours last night. Still got a few communication errors, but definitely fewer than before. No server errors, fortunately (those cause a 7 minutes ban).
Food items still count as used if there is an error during the match :b

Yesterday I encountered the worst lag since launch, tho.

Holy hell the updated gyro feels SOOOOO GOOD!

I can't say I noticed the change :(
Was the update data mined already?

Last edited:
FUCK that part where you have to do what is essentially a blind jump onto a very narrow platform.

“A backwards Squid Roll will get you there”. No Marina, it friggin’ doesn’t, I miss by a hair every time.

I ragequit after the third time I missed.
You don't actually have to do that part blind. If you're careful, you can angle the camera downwards while the thing is moving to give yourself a good idea of when to jump off.

You bet there is! Only thing is when you get splatted it's dangerous so you need to be sneaky. However if you can pull it off, everything you paint kinda counts double: you're gaining where you normally shouldn't and your opponent loses where they normally shouldn't.

It's a gamble but a fun one imo and it can lead to some interesting results as it's not immediately clear which side won.

Next time Museum d'Alfonsino is on rotation you should give it a go. You can loop all the way round the enemy side and paint a lot so it's perfect for this strat
That's fair. I think it's mostly just due to playing with randoms then where there's not much coordination or sneakiness so they just end up dying quickly because of it. But yeah I'll try it myself sometime and see if it works out for me.

Finally beat Cohozuna again
First time since getting up to the higher levels (is Max level Eggsecutive VP)
I dealt a LOT of damage to him
got 9 Bronze and 1 Silver
Like... these horrible, horrible rewards takes all the fun out of fighting him

Finally beat Cohozuna again
First time since getting up to the higher levels (is Max level Eggsecutive VP)
I dealt a LOT of damage to him
got 9 Bronze and 1 Silver
Like... these horrible, horrible rewards takes all the fun out of fighting him

Just imagine the 1 Silver was for the final 10% HP that actually killed it, so if you hadn't defeated the Cohozuna you would have left with only Bronze.

Just imagine the 1 Silver was for the final 10% HP that actually killed it, so if you hadn't defeated the Cohozuna you would have left with only Bronze.
How on earth did I even get the 2 Gold I got from the first two times I beat him...
What even are the rules for how to get good stuff here XD
It will be nigh impossible to buy most of the items when loads of them costs like, multiple golds, and the Suits are like, 30 silver right now.

How on earth did I even get the 2 Gold I got from the first two times I beat him...
What even are the rules for how to get good stuff here XD
It will be nigh impossible to buy most of the items when loads of them costs like, multiple golds, and the Suits are like, 30 silver right now.
Types are random. Every 10% of the King's health you take out is worth 1 scale, so killing him = 10 scales. The time you have left over when you kill him is worth 1 scale for every 10s left, but the last 10s don't count, so if you have 0-10s left, no extra scales.

Types are random. Every 10% of the King's health you take out is worth 1 scale, so killing him = 10 scales. The time you have left over when you kill him is worth 1 scale for every 10s left, but the last 10s don't count, so if you have 0-10s left, no extra scales.
Damn, really? That... is SO picky
Every time my team has defeated him it's been on the last 5 or so seconds
There is just not enough time when there are 3 Fish Sticks, 4 Scrappers, 999 Flyfish and 2 Maws at the same time

It did it again.

It made lose Rank Up. Two of my three loses were DCs it counted as my loss.

I just don’t know what to say anymore.

The series before that? Nothing. Rank up battle? I got messed right up.

Unfortunately, the Splatoon 3 servers are seeming to have a lot of problems recently. Hopefully this can be addressed soon. The game doesn't seem to be running anywhere near as well as it did around launch.

I am VERY CURIOUS if Splatoon 3, Mario Rabbids 2, and Bayo3 were supposed to be on mythical new hardware. Couple of weeks and we will see how both Rabbids2 and Bayo 3 run on OG Switch.

If they run bad, I personally wish nintendo may have considered holding more of these games until the new hardware would be released.

Seems likely imo, new hardware in coming in 2023. Question is... will it be BC. I have heard both sides of this. Will it be BC at Home only? (Built into the dock).
I don’t see what hardware has to do with it. My Switch could have magically gained the power of a PS5 and XSX duct-taped together and I would have been screwed by these disconnects all the same, because that wouldn’t fix netcode, servers or whatever the hell is causing this shitshow.

Goddamn Salmon Run and my terrible teammates never using specials or anything. I just went from P+3 to Part-Timer because people would either quit/disconnect or I, and one other teammate, would be trying to collect eggs while everyone else is just killing random salmonids. Like, we need three eggs and there's 15 second left with at least nine eggs by the beacon and everyone at low tide is way out at the edges of the map. Or it's low tide with cannons and all three hop into the cannons while I'm frantically trying to get them to help collect eggs. Ranked is no better, either disconnects when I'm on a streak, or people super jumping to their deaths constantly.

No wonder I took a two day break from the game. I'm probably going back to Turf War. Now I remember why I quit playing Ranked because it's just frustrating beyond belief. Stuck in B+ hell right now.

Another DC loss in rank up

I lost all will of trying to get out C rank for the moment. I finally realize how series works and that open is not how you’re supposed to rank up and now Nintendo’s magnificent online has downright DEMORALIZED me.

Wasn’t this patch supposed to improve DC issues? The FUCK is going on?!

Almost off the first island in the campaign. Really enjoying this hybrid of Splat 1/2 and Octo Expansion design for it.

In Splat 2 and Octo I don't think I ever really tried to replay the levels with the alternate weapons after the recommended one. I've not been doing that here before moving onto the next stage, because I know if I don't do it now I may not do so in the future after I beat it, and I'm having an absolute blast with it. Which has me thinking I may need to put Splatoon 2 back in the system for a bit to go mop up the last bits of completion.

Also really liking the "snack" size of the levels and the fact that they seem to have pulled the collectibles out of them this time. I'm still spending a lot of time exploring the overworld but the individual levels feel sharply focused now because there's no real side activities to be had. So far.

does anyone else have a bunch of Osomatsu posts in their square today? I'm absolutely loving it lmao

Well I’m almost done the second island (single player)… gotta say this game is great. I’m getting much better now and can’t wait to try the online, once I get through the campaign! Very inventive gameplay and can see why the game gets the praise and sales it does.

my first not-miiverse post: a contribution to the osomatsu trend

though, as @Tye points out, I'm painting into a void

I’ll let you know if I see it in my game! Maybe you’ll be one of the many chosen ones, and I’m just cursed to never be. =P

I have been seeing all the other Osomatsu posts, too; like I said, I’m pretty sure 99% (if not 100%, but then I don’t fucking know how any new posts are supposed to get Fresh!’d in the first place) of posts in the square are the same for everyone. I’ve yet to see any posts exclusive to my or my partner’s game, at least.

Back
Top Bottom