• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All the hate for Moray Towers, but my partner loves Moray Towers. Do you really want to be mean to my partner? Huh???

I have no preference, but I think it would be funny to have Moray Towers come back if only for the reactions.

I honestly want all the maps from Splatoon 1 and 2 to come back (except you, Starfish Mainstage, you can die in a fire*).

It would be amazing if the Splatfest stages from S2 returned, some were incredibly fun and clever.

*It makes me sad that the new Mahi-Mahi, my fave from S1, reminds me of Starfish a lot with how busy and cramped it is. I really hope they update it and it's closer to its original layout from the first game.

Moray Towers got the honor of being the Splatoon stage in Smash, so if any stages from both Splatoon and Splatoon 2 come back in Splatoon 3, I’d say Moray Towers should absolutely be one of them for that reason alone. =p

*It makes me sad that the new Mahi-Mahi, my fave from S1, reminds me of Starfish a lot with how busy and cramped it is. I really hope they update it and it's closer to its original layout from the first game.
Tower Control really illuminates how ridiculously small it is

Moray Towers was always my fav. I'd love to see it return. So much verticality!!
I wonder though if the reason it's not here is because Big Run makes all thee maps Salmon run maps, and it might not work super great like that?

Moray Towers is awful, Camp Triggerfish is fine, But the worst stages in Splatoon 2 by far were Starfish Mainstage, Arowana Mall, and Piranha Pit.

No we REALLY don't

938de3e817a6b062c75022c4f4b88d7c720e4f33_hq.jpg

Up early with my kid today so I thought I’d play some Splatoon while things were still chill. I proceeded to:

— spend like 30 minutes trying to clear those target missions, always failing like 99% toward finishing
— lose every online match, including two against ninja squid teams that just obliterated us
— get disconnected from the one match I would have won

Some of the least fun I’ve had playing a video game this year lmao

Last edited:
... Where have conch-shells gone to? It's like they've completely disappeared from my game

Edit: oh wait nvm I forgot it's only when splatfest vote is active 💀

... Where have conch-shells gone to? It's like they've completely disappeared from my game

Edit: oh wait nvm I forgot it's only when splatfest vote is active 💀
Yeah, I hit level 100 catalogue during splatfest. Now levelling it just feels so empty!

— lost every online match, including two against ninja squid teams that just obliterated us
This is why I haven't bit the bullet on this one yet. It looks so good! Then I remember I am so bad at it and usually get stomped while my poor teammates get so mad they just disconnect or throw. I was sorely tempted to be silly and get it last week for the splatfest but the prospect of 4v2v2 makes me so anxious.

why do people hate moray towers?
The tower ramps are awful wastes of space, and mid is charger heaven, hell for everyone else. It just feels like a very amateurish map design, which makes sense since it was one of the first Splatoon maps, but it's just not designed well compared to newer maps. They didn't have the practical experience of understanding what makes a map interesting and fun, and it shows. You can see what the idea behind it was, obviously, but it turns out not all ideas for levels are good.

The tower ramps are awful wastes of space, and mid is charger heaven, hell for everyone else. It just feels like a very amateurish map design, which makes sense since it was one of the first Splatoon maps, but it's just not designed well compared to newer maps. They didn't have the practical experience of understanding what makes a map interesting and fun, and it shows. You can see what the idea behind it was, obviously, but it turns out not all ideas for levels are good.
me, a squifferer:

fuaws1hsssn51.jpg

I like Moray Towers. It's so different and unique that as a change of pace, it's great. Too many of the Splatoon 3 maps feel too similar to me.

The problem is that with the game's level schedule you could get stuck playing it like 10 times in an hour - and it doesn't really support that.

I'd still love to see a Mario Kart 8-esque level select vote/option in the casual part of the game. That would allow them to get a bit wilder with the map design, as the playerbase is somewhat protected from disliked maps.

me, a squifferer:

fuaws1hsssn51.jpg

Moray Towers is charger centralization station*.

They** can control the whole middle, have sightlines on every possible angle of approach and there are so few of those they don't even need to turn the camera to keep an eye on all of them at the same time. Snipers*** have no reason to push up up from their perch, even while dominating, because the other side of the map doesn't have any non-exposed position a backliner could take up, so they never make themselves vulnerable moving forward. The only way to dislodge them is via specials and even then only temporarily unless combined with a team assault.

If your team didn't have a charger, you lost. If both teams had chargers, you won if your charger won the charger duel while everyone else playing didn't matter for a bit. Even Arowana Mall isn't as bad.

Squiffers may not apply. *"they" does not include Squiffers. ***as which Squiffers don't qualify.

I like Moray Towers. It's so different and unique that as a change of pace, it's great. Too many of the Splatoon 3 maps feel too similar to me.

The problem is that with the game's level schedule you could get stuck playing it like 10 times in an hour - and it doesn't really support that.

I'd still love to see a Mario Kart 8-esque level select vote/option in the casual part of the game. That would allow them to get a bit wilder with the map design, as the playerbase is somewhat protected from disliked maps.
This is mainly a problem of them having so few maps out right now (although it has considerably more than 1 and 2 did at launch). We can expect them to add more than a dozen old and new maps before the updates are finished.

They could even just make it part of the rotation so that for at least a couple of hours of the day we could vote on which map to play. It would also be interesting to see what everyone picks.

I really like Moray Towers.
It is not perfect but it is very unique, and a lot of the current stages do have a bit of a similar vibe.
I am all for Moray returning.

I gotta say, I’m really not loving the emphasis on “break targets and fail instantly after one miss” levels in the campaign. It’s simply not that much fun, and I get way more of a “At least I never have to do this again” feeling than a “Yeah, I did it!” feeling.

This is mainly a problem of them having so few maps out right now (although it has considerably more than 1 and 2 did at launch). We can expect them to add more than a dozen old and new maps before the updates are finished.
No matter how many maps they add to the game, we’re still stuck with the same 2-map rotation. That’s where the issue lies. Adding more maps won’t fix that.

No matter how many maps they add to the game, we’re still stuck with the same 2-map rotation. That’s where the issue lies. Adding more maps won’t fix that.
Yeah it would be really nice to get at least 3 maps in a rotation. Having to play the same map 10+ times in a row gets kind of ridiculous sometimes. 3 or 4 in a rotation would be ideal, especially when they get above 20 maps.

I gotta say, I’m really not loving the emphasis on “break targets and fail instantly after one miss” levels in the campaign. It’s simply not that much fun, and I get way more of a “At least I never have to do this again” feeling than a “Yeah, I did it!” feeling.
That's why I only did one of those and skipped all the rest.

Between "keep two maps per rotation with a higher chance of playing the same one consecutively" or "pick three maps and watch even more players swap to shooters because they're the most consistent class across every map", I know what I'd choose.

or they could expand the rotation to three maps while also adding more maps that favor specific weapon types, like Moray Towers :)

Between "keep two maps per rotation with a higher chance of playing the same one consecutively" or "pick three maps and watch even more players swap to shooters because they're the most consistent class across every map", I know what I'd choose.

or they could expand the rotation to three maps while also adding more maps that favor specific weapon types, like Moray Towers :)
I think the sweet spot is to shorten rotations to 1 hour, and then add a third map to the Turf War rotation.

Explosher in Salmon Run means I'm happy to see High Tide for once because it means every Flyfish is likely to be in range of getting one- or at most two-shotted the moment they appear on the map.

Of course, wiping under a rain of missiles because whoever got the Explosher doesn't know about the explosive power of The Slosh feels extra bad.

Still recommend everyone take the chance this rotation to excercise their Flyfish revenge fantasies.

The Spoosh-o-matic is extremely efficent at eating into Cohozuna's health. Only downside is you leave it to the REEF-LUX 450 to turf so the two killing weapons can move around from boss to boss. But if the REEF-LUX isn't up to the task of turfing for a whole team, what is.

Who created the FLYFISH I just wanna talk

A dev with access to a cheat console that gives them Explosher in Salmon Run all the time.

Back
Top Bottom