• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Side Order out now!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spawning Grounds is the worst Salmon Run stage, frame rate really tanks during Eggsecutive VP shifts.
I hat to play for 1.5 hours yesterday cause I was waiting for Cohazuna to appear despite having its silhouette bar full for a while. Beat it and got one (1) gold scale.

?? that doesn't sound intentional, I don't think that's the fault of the "ranked system"
I know it's not something that's supposed to happen, but the fact that it can even happen at all is absurd. It was mostly a salt post, but I'm also just not a fan of the changes to ranked in general.

I can't prove it because I didn't think to record this (and Switch clips aren't long enough to show it anyway), but I looked around and saw other people (1 2) have had problems with the series resetting for them. In my case, it was an Open ranked battle and the game basically treated it like I had just reached the rank I was currently at.

Finished the campaign. It's good, there's a great sense of flow to the stages. I'd love a "random stage selector" mode in which you just do stage after stage without the hub - like Neon White has. That's sweet.

For a patch: please include a quick way to jump to the final boss after unlocking it. I had to sit through 10 minutes of forced walking and cutscenes every time I wanted to retry the final boss.

For online play: still just picking gear that looks nice and unlocking it's question marks, but not sure about what I prefer or getting it all min-maxed at the orange dude. Sounds like work to me =P . Maybe it'll interest me more down the line.

For online play: still just picking gear that looks nice and unlocking it's question marks, but not sure about what I prefer or getting it all min-maxed at the orange dude. Sounds like work to me =P . Maybe it'll interest me more down the line.
Just go all-in on run speed up
Brush buff too maybe? I don't think I have seen a single brush user in my ranked games so far.
I've seen a couple of both octo- and inkbrushes. I'd like some brella buffs

I was a little disappointed with the single player. It was solid, but it felt like an abstract tutorial almost all the way through. Which I guess they always have been but it didn't feel as memorable as 1 or 2's (but of course, they were newer).

I felt like the last area, where it's no longer tutorializing and you're breaking into an actual area in a multi-part stage rather than just navigating floating abstract platforms showed how good it could really be. It had momentum, and stakes. I guess I just found very few of the levels really memorable.

Got Splat 3. Going to try it again and play with some friends. Lets see if this time the game/franchise gets me hooked.

Weren’t brushes originally a spin-off from rollers?
Yup, they are probably still 'sorta' in the same Category. Tho Blasters have finally broken away from Shooters.
But even so, they are still unique in how they work with their attack and junk, so I'd like another so that we'll at least have 3 different ones c: I am not sure what variant would make sense tho.

Yup, they are probably still 'sorta' in the same Category. Tho Blasters have finally broken away from Shooters.
But even so, they are still unique in how they work with their attack and junk, so I'd like another so that we'll at least have 3 different ones c: I am not sure what variant would make sense tho.
It’ll be interesting because we now have katanas too. So, in my uninformed mind, brushes are like the halfway point between roller and katana.

The whole melee setup in this series is weird to begin with 😂

ERucGs4.jpg

It ain't much, but it's honest work ;P

It’ll be interesting because we now have katanas too. So, in my uninformed mind, brushes are like the halfway point between roller and katana.

The whole melee setup in this series is weird to begin with 😂
Daw, yeah, in a sense, they are kinda similar, even if major key differences XD Really, it feels like the Ink Brush is way better up close than the Splatanas anyways, which is pretty funny.
But if they can think up a fun idea, I'd love a new Brush. And a new Slosher, I love the Sloshers. Really, give every weapon type a brand new weapon

This is very cute!

The winning and losing tunes sound so similar/almost the same to me, that unlike S1 and S2, I honestly don't know if my team won or lost at the end :p
I confess that most of the time, as soon as the match finishes, I grab my phone and don't pay attention to the screen, but I could tell by the music. Now I have to pay attention to the upper left corner to see "VICTORY" or "DEFEAT" during the winning team animation 😅

Even as a recently sworn singleplayer only Splatoon player I still ask myself why the fuck they brought back Tenta Missiles. The most annoying thing ever.

Camp Triggerfish and Moray Towers are both super fun in Tower Control and that’s why they should come back. Camp Triggerfish is my favorite map in the series for Tower Control.

We don't need Moray Towers.
We need Bluefin Depot!

Or some other weird stage. The new ones aren't bad, but they aren't very distinctive either. So I'd like some more weird maps
I’d be surprised if we don’t get Bluefin Depot back. The first 4 returning stages from Splatoon 1 all being absent from Splatoon 2 does not feel like a coincidence. Nintendo probably wants every Splatoon 1 map on the Nintendo Switch.

Not that I'm not drunk, but Manta Maria is the best Splatoon stage

Back
Top Bottom