StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs

Jersh

#TeamJanuary
Developer
FamiGold
You know how they say it's impossible to win a Tricolor battle if one of the attacking teams gets one or two signals? Well, I just won a game where one of the attacking got both signals.

I was in the other attacking team.
Impossible for the defending team. I'm pretty sure you still get credit for a win as long as the defending team loses, you at least get a fair amount of clout.
The idea is that they're working on balancing the mode behind the scenes, and by next Splatfest they'll roll out changes and set the frequency it happens back to normal.
The Japanese patch notes put the timeline at the change of season update in December, so theoretically we have two more splatfests of the reduced rate.

But 58%... yeesh. Hard to say if the rate was truly problematic or not, there's no getting around a population imbalance that big. Though theoretically Grub should've had an easy time finding one, and I don't think that was the case?

I went 66 matches on Gear after halftime with not even one tricolor turf war. Hopefully that never happens again.

damondamon

Octorok
In Japanese the group say ”ほな、かいさん!”(hona kaisan!) with hona meaning "well, then" and kaisan meaning "dismiss(as in to leave) if written as 解散 in Kanji. I guess the pun here is on kaisan because if written as 海産, it means "marine products".

manfromthedam

Semi Undercover Game Music Guy
Won a few rounds last night, if you're matched evenly this game is a blast. I love using the Sploosh-o-matic (the close range pistol with curbing bombs and stamp super) - the curling bomb is almost a "get out of jail free"-card: swimming in it's wake will completely recharge your ink so you can get into enemy territory swimming at full speed with your ink recharged. Waste a few fools there and stamp away. Got four stars on the thing =P .

Also the multiplayer maps look so lively now, they really saved all their dystopian aesthetics for Salmon Run. I think it's an excellent contrast (but still maintain Salmon Run could use some alternate colour schemes).

Idk it in English, but in Dutch their closing saying is:'De mossel', which means :' the mussel', but it is a clever word play on a way to say 'bye' or ' peace out' in an informal way -> 'De mazzel'. Not many people use that word daily tho

Edit: Apperently it is 'Catch you later' in English, which is a similarly clever pun, although maybe 'Catch you later' is used too much normally that it doesnt feel like it.

Yay, more Dutch translation love! I though "de mossel" was clever, but as a Rotterdammer "de mazzel" is ingrained into my language quite a bit =P .

Really curious if the Dutch translation is based directly on Japanese or derived from a bigger language like German. It's very different than English at least so I don't think it shares a base with that.

It's got a few strained puns in the single player, but there's so many of them that I can't blame the translator at all.

Dr_Phishshoe

Devil's Advocate
Really curious if the Dutch translation is based directly on Japanese or derived from a bigger language like German. It's very different than English at least so I don't think it shares a base with that.

When looking at Inkipedia and the different languages at the bottom it seems the Dutch version sometimes corrolates with a broader European naming scheme, sometimes it is its own thinf(especially with stagenames)

Eu broad
-Tentacool for Off the Hook

Own thing
-Boter-bij-de-vis-markt litt. Butter with the fish market (Hagglefish market , means immidiet payment market)
-Brandingbrug (Hammerhead bridge, means breaker bridge)
-Ted.B (Mr.Grizz, a reference to Teddy Bear , but written in the way like how criminals/suspects in Dutch are always referenced with their first name and the first letter of their last name in the news)

Last edited:

Tangerine_Cookie

Style Savvy Suppliant
Pronouns
She/Her
I think the easiest explanation here is that Shiver is just a lot more appealing character for most of the people playing. As weird as it is, people definitely do a fair share of "voting for the waifu".

The Japanese patch notes put the timeline at the change of season update in December, so theoretically we have two more splatfests of the reduced rate.
Well then, that does suck. At least i hope they do smooth balance out quite a bit by then, lol.

Branduil

Tektite
So after a couple of weeks to think about it, I've gotta admit I feel like the soundtrack is a step down from Splatoon 2. It's not even bad, but Off the Hook and Wet Floor were a killer combo, and none of the Splat3 tracks so far can touch the best Splat2 tracks, even just considering the ones at launch.

BlightStar

Cappy
Pronouns
He/Him
Shiver is just a way nicer design, in my opinion. She is easily my favorite, tho I do not vote just cuz I prefer her, I vote for the Team I prefer each time, so I can be on all the teams. But Shiver is just the best of the three Queens.
Big Man is great, but he does feel 'off' being so different from all the other usual main hosts, I wonder how much that changes stuff.
I will say, Big Man aside, I do not feel as strong distinct personalities from Shiver and Frye yet, compared to Callie vs Marie and Pearl v Marina.
I think, stuff like the lack of unique dialouge for each Stage they introduce, just makes less of their characters actually stick out

bixente

Like Like
Glad the Splatfest is over. Feel too much stress that I'm letting my teammates down when we lose. Much prefer to keep things more casual.

BlightStar

Cappy
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh right, so
I saw someone in Salmon Run with a Pink SlopSuit
I can only see Orange, Yellow and Green in that store
Someone halp, am I missing something

Sheldon

A Shining New Era
Impossible for the defending team. I'm pretty sure you still get credit for a win as long as the defending team loses, you at least get a fair amount of clout.

No, I mean my team flat out won. We weren't featured on the winning screen thanks to the attackers who claimed both signals. Me and my teammate won by inking the most turf. And if a team of two can outpaint a team of 4 and a team of 2 that got two sprinklers, the defenders aren't stuck in an impossible situation either.

It's got a few strained puns in the single player, but there's so many of them that I can't blame the translator at all.

Usually the NOE localization department works directly of the Japanese script - and usually sticks closer to the original in tone and intent than the more freewheeling Treehouse - although in Splatoon's case they've taken cues from the English interpretation.

Oh right, so
I saw someone in Salmon Run with a Pink SlopSuit
I can only see Orange, Yellow and Green in that store
Someone halp, am I missing something

More articles unlock as you spend scales.

Reportedly new costumes appear after spending 100 Bronze and 10 Silver. Then the entire shop opens up once you've spent at least 350 Bronze, 40 Silver and 4 Gold total. Can't confirm either myself as I'm currently 5 Bronze Fish Scales short of the first expansion.

BlightStar

Cappy
Pronouns
He/Him
No, I mean my team flat out won. We weren't featured on the winning screen thanks to the attackers who claimed both signals. Me and my teammate won by inking the most turf. And if a team of two can outpaint a team of 4 and a team of 2 that got two sprinklers, the defenders aren't stuck in an impossible situation either.

Usually the NOE localization department works directly of the Japanese script - and usually sticks closer to the original in tone and intent than the more freewheeling Treehouse - although in Splatoon's case they've taken cues from the English interpretation.

Reportedly new costumes appear after spending 100 Bronze and 10 Silver. Then the entire shop opens up once you've spend at least 350 Bronze, 40 Silver and 4 Gold total. Can't confirm either myself as I'm currently 5 bronze scales short of the first expansion.
... oooooooh. I was wondering when they'd add more to it. I thought stuff was just hidden cuz they planned to Add them later on.
... and here I was, hoarding my very few and rare golds and such cuz of how hard it is to get them...
Thank you XD

Branduil

Tektite

Reportedly new costumes appear after spending 100 Bronze and 10 Silver. Then the entire shop opens up once you've spent at least 350 Bronze, 40 Silver and 4 Gold total. Can't confirm either myself as I'm currently 5 Bronze Fish Scales short of the first expansion.
Blue and Pink are the next slopsuits to unlock, both cost 30 silver scales to actually buy, so anyone with those has been grinding Salmon Run at a crazy level.

Sheldon

A Shining New Era
... oooooooh. I was wondering when they'd add more to it. I thought stuff was just hidden cuz they planned to Add them later on.
... and here I was, hoarding my very few and rare golds and such cuz of how hard it is to get them...
Thank you XD

Well if you can reach Eggsecutive VP 999 it also unlocks the whole shop, supposedly. So in that case continue to hold off on spending. But I figured that feat was out of reach for most of the population.

Blue and Pink are the next slopsuits to unlock, both cost 30 silver scales to actually buy, so anyone with those has been grinding Salmon Run at a crazy level.

I'm relieved none of those colors beat Yellow (or Green for that matter). So no immediate pressure for grinding. I'll be able to continue to live a relaxed Salmon Run life until the day I spot a violet suit or a differently themed suit in the shop.

Top Bottom