• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wish all Blaster mains a pleasant uninstall. So unfair when you've clearly killed them first but the second of lag where they vaguely aimed in your direction gets you killed too.

I'm on team Grub and I have a feeling that we're going to lose again lol. Played 4 hours today and only got 2 X10 matches. I hope I get at least 1 X100 match by the time the fest ends.

I wish all Blaster mains a pleasant uninstall. So unfair when you've clearly killed them first but the second of lag where they vaguely aimed in your direction gets you killed too.
you realize that on their end they could've hit you perfectly, right?

My sticker sheets and grocery bag came today and they're both significantly bigger, cooler, and better quality than I anticipated. Highly recommend

So…does anyone know how the in-game posts actually work? As in, what determines whether a post actually shows up in game or not? I made a post yesterday and it’s still not appeared in game for me or any of my friends. A friend of mine had the same issue with their post, too. And it’s not like these were low effort posts or anything. It’s super frustrating not knowing the fate of your post. Seems like it was just cast into the void…

I assume that in order for posts to appear in most people’s games that they have to be Fresh!’d enough, but if they don’t really appear in game until then then how is that even supposed to happen in the first place?! I know in the original Splatoon on Wii U, you could see the posts from your friends in your plaza and Yeah! them there, but that doesn’t seem to be the case in either Splatoon 2 or Splatoon 3; even if someone on your Friend List shows up in your square by having recently played with them, the game doesn’t show a post from them (if they’ve made one) so you can’t even help friends’ posts out by given them a Fresh! like that.

So how do posts become popular and seen in game?! I don’t wanna waste a bunch of time making posts if they’re never going to actually show up in game… =/ It doesn’t seem to make any sense, because I see some super low effort and unfunny posts appear, but then if I or a friend of mine posts something that you’d think would be popular, they just…don’t ever appear??

Last edited:
Quoted by: Tye
Salmon Runs during Splatfests spitting out more competent groups on average still seems to hold true.

I feel like Reefslider is quickly taking this game's Splashdown slot of "use this special if you want to die."

One advantage Reefslider has over Splashdown is you can catch enemies from unexpected angles. Splashdown really only had the super jump trick which people smartened up to. Reefslider has more potential to blindside groups to devestating effect. But, yeah, if they see you coming or they saw you first and you're panicking, it's probably wiser to aim your shark ride the opposite direction and escape.

Salmon Runs during Splatfests spitting out more competent groups on average still seems to hold true.

One advantage Reefslider has over Splashdown is you can catch enemies from unexpected angles. Splashdown really only had the super jump trick which people smartened up to. Reefslider has more potential to blindside groups to devestating effect. But, yeah, if they see you coming or they saw you first and you're panicking, it's probably wiser to aim your shark ride the opposite direction and escape.
I don't think it's as bad as Splashdown for sure, but it's so easy to punish if you don't kill every single enemy in the area because you're basically a statue for like 2 seconds after using it.

reefslider going from "completely broken" to "suicide button" within a month is a clear sign that it is well-balanced and interesting imho

reefslider going from "completely broken" to "suicide button" within a month is a clear sign that it is well-balanced and interesting imho

On that note, the shifting evaluation of Tacticooler by the competitive community has been interesting to follow and will continue to be as I expect it'll keep evolving for a good while still.

Oh, so
Open is a suicide mode? Cuz I can, like, barely win at all. I am a pretty good Splatoon player. But I stand no chance no matter what I do with these players.
So.. the one named PRO is the one to pick to NOT fight against the top 1% in the world?
Well that is confusing

Oh, so
Open is a suicide mode? Cuz I can, like, barely win at all. I am a pretty good Splatoon player. But I stand no chance no matter what I do with these players.
So.. the one named PRO is the one to pick to NOT fight against the top 1% in the world?
Well that is confusing

Pro was tough in my experience. Similar to how Pro was in Splatoon 2. Not Anarchy Series tough, but claw and scratch your way to a 49,9% win rate tough. Only caveat there is a limited number of matches and I haven't found a weapon that works for me in Turf War yet.

I love Nintendo but I swear they need to figure out online. I got four communication errors before I finally got into a Splatfest match, and got destroyed.

Pro was tough in my experience. Similar to how Pro was in Splatoon 2. Not Anarchy Series tough, but claw and scratch your way to a 49,9% win rate tough. Only caveat there is a limited number of matches and I haven't found a weapon that works for me in Turf War yet.
Hm, my condition makes it impossible for me to stick to a weapon for more than 1-2 matches before I have to swap, so I use basically every weapon and switch all the time.
That does make me able to use most weapons. But I guess I won't master any specific one, haha.
But yeah, Splatfest feels SO much harder than in Splatoon 2 for SOME reason XD

Elaborate discourse about when to ink the spawn and full teams of Aerospray MG.

Yep, this is an Splatfest.

Are everyone’s queue times averaging about 100 seconds? Or is that team Fun is really unpopular?

Actually, being in the unpopular team would mean you can get matches faster, since there's more of the other teams' players to match you with.
That said 100 seconds feels about right, yeah.

Actually, being in the unpopular team would mean you can get matches faster, since there's more of the other teams' players to match you with.
That said 100 seconds feels about right, yeah.
You’re right. Though to be fair you can’t expect a team Fun member to be very logical. I definitely came up against far more Gear teams than Grub though as I went up against them 18 times out of 21.

You’re right. Though to be fair you can’t expect a team Fun member to be very logical. I definitely came up against far more Gear teams than Grub though as I went up against them 18 times out of 21.
I've yet to fight Team Fun, I don't even think you guys exist. I just constantly fight the Gear peeps.

I've yet to fight Team Fun, I don't even think you guys exist. I just constantly fight the Gear peeps.
Yeah, we are definitely in the minority according to my friends list in the app.

I think fun members were having so much fun elsewhere that they forgot to even show up…

I can respect team fun. After all, fun is an important part when considering gear, too.

Team grub, however...

Seeing all of you talk about losing all the time/being bad then seeing the stats in @Raccoon ‘s screenshot has made my Splatoon self esteem plummet to subatomic levels.

…I almost never break 1000p anymore :(
Use the Aerospray MG and obsess over every single small patch of uninked ground.

Incredibly easy to go to 1500p every match and still lose because you have three bamboozler users

I can respect team fun. After all, fun is an important part when considering gear, too.

Team grub, however...
And team Fun do indeed know how to have fun (sadly I’m not in the picture, but still having fun!).

61ge4thn2qp91.jpg

Seeing all of you talk about losing all the time/being bad then seeing the stats in @Raccoon ‘s screenshot has made my Splatoon self esteem plummet to subatomic levels.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. If you’re splatting people, or making yourself enough of a nuisance that I (an Aerospray user) can paint every single corner of the map, then I love being teamed with people like you.

Finishing up single player. The final levels are what I hope the next campaign will be: much more grounded into the world. Really liking that. Too bad you can't jump in and out of the final segments of the campaign. I like switching up modes in Splatoon 3, but now if I want to retry the final boss (got this close to finishing...) I have to jump through a million hoops because I wanted to participate in the Splatfest =P .

can confirm what @Tangerine_Cookie said: if you want points use a shooter with a high refresh rate

most of the splatfest my squad has been using aerospray for synergy

God the thing about Turf War is that if you lose the middle you're essentially screwed. The other team gets to continue to build special power after specialo power after special power and because you are in Turf War, there is now mechanic for you to actually build special for you to make a counter attack. So many games has been the mid is won by the other team and then I have to be stuck at spawn for the rest of the game, the other team just has to splash the spawn zone because that gives off free special while anyone who tries the same gets splatted and lose all special abilities. It's not fair when one team has used over 10 specials and the other has aboue 3 because no one can build special at all. Because man isn't fairnes when you have to face boyah bombs, tenta missiles and Tristirike missile one right after the other over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Edit: Not helped by the fact that this game keeps spitting out S+ teams at me when I'm rank B. And my fellow teammates are rank C. Like...what, is this just saying "sorry moron, but you don't play enough hours in the day! You need to lose every match until you give up or grind up to Ruler only 30 points at a time because fuck you you don't deserve any fun fuck you!"

I have not won a single match! ANd it's because if I go Open I get a loud notice saying I'm facing a 4 man Team and if I go to Pro I face S+ ranks! What fun is this!?!

And I'm sorry for sucking. I know you all hate me because I'm so incompetent. Please forgive me. I can't. I can't stand it.

Anyone finish the campaign and try the
after alterna kettle?

I got to the first checkpoint after many many attempts and haven’t progressed very far in the second area yet. Don’t know how long this level is, but its a lot like champion’s road from Super Mario 3D World or darker side from Odyssey and I love it.

Favorite box art from the series? I still love Splatoon 1's orange and blue art with the squid in the front.

IMG-0832.jpg

I like 3’s Color palette with the Yellow and blue the most, but I think I like 2’s actual cover more overall. 1 gets points for the splatters one the WiiU logo portion

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom