• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Side Order out now!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Glad I'm finally at the XC3 final boss. Good timing.

Don't usually care much about getting in on day 1 with games, but for an online game like Splatoon where I suck, I need to be playing when all the noobs are, too.

I'm listening to Splatoon music to get me through my work day. I cannot focus on work. I need this game lol

My social media feed is already filled with posts from Japanese players and it's making the wait for tomorrow even more agonizing.

Two separate electronics retailers here stocked the game with a contending pre-order bonus, one with a yellow Inkling keyring and one with a blue Octoling keyring. Funny that I was left having to make an informed purchasing decision right from the onset but I opted to go with the Octoling one since I already have an Inkling one from Splatoon 2.

What a fresh OT! Thanks for your work, @Lucyfer.

Could someone point me to that video of the camera/aiming difference between 2 and 3? I did a quick search and couldn't find it, and YouTube is full of spoilers now. I want to show it to a friend.

Hope you guys have fun with the game! I might play it as well in the future, we'll see but for now I'll have to watch from the sidelines. Hope everything works as intended and everybody has fun with it!

Looking forward to getting into this this weekend. I might be able to start before I go to sleep. Thanks for the thread!

Less than two and a half hours to go till it unlocks for me. Think I’m just gonna focus on getting the single player finished and move on to multiplayer after that.
yeah me too. I wanna get familiar with the game before getting destoryed in multiplayer.

Goodbye GotY 2017, hello GotY 2022
unknown.png

Totally worth paying more to have it now instead of Sep 21-22

... I don't think my S2 save data was imported, unless you still have to reach level 10 to access Anarchy Battles even with it?

iirc you had to reach b- in any mode

edit: just saw that you prestiged lmfao

that must be a bug
X comes way below B in the alphabet so you might be onto something!

Though I think I might have disconnected from the Internet while it was supposed to transfer my save data so maybe that's it. Does anyone know if there's a way to get it afterwards?

... Is anyone else having "server errors"? Or am I just cursed with this game? I can't connect to the lobby anymore, but I tried going back to S2 and there was no issue 😭

Edit: I've now been stuck on the "Connecting to the internet..." screen for 5 minutes. Despite having no issue on Splatoon 2 or the eShop or Internet connection test.

Edit²: This game loads so much faster than S2

Last edited:
back to diving into Splatoon world again. I really loved Splatoon 2 and 1. But always other games got in the way after a while or was in the midst of other games.

Splatoon 3 time is pretty clear for me right now with no real big 100+ hour games in the way, plus Salmon Run which I loved to death in Splatoon 2 is now 24/7 wooo

Just got home with my copy, downloading the update now.
There were actually a lot of people there to pick it up when the store opened, most I've seen at a game launch I've attended in several years.

Will post impressions once I've played a bit; so excited!

donkey-kong-hype.gif

Thinking about it, I’m a little surprised they’ve never done a co-op campaign, seems like it could work well and would be a good way to add an enjoyable local multiplayer feature.
I'm REALLY hoping the additional 'large scale' DLC content is this.
It would just be so....so awesome.

Already seen something potentially very interesting in the story mode. Early impressions but this is the most fun I’ve had with a Splatoon story mode.

Just played through the intro and first couple level of Hero Mode.

My overall impression is that it feels just overall more premium than the first two games, as if it had a higher budget, though that is probably more down to it having a longer production cycle. Production value just feels higher.

Splatsville is a substantial step up over Inkopolis in Splatoon 1 and 2; along with being bigger and more detailed, it also feels more like a fleshed out living environment than just a hub.
The first post from another player I saw was great: "Sorry for having Australian internet." I feel ya bro, I feel ya.

Load times seem shorter than Splatoon 2, the more naturalistic lighting is visually very nice, and it still feels amazingly silky and snappy to play.
So far, so good!

Wow...the progression in Hero Mode never felt better. I am honestly in love right now. What a game.

Thinking about it, I’m a little surprised they’ve never done a co-op campaign, seems like it could work well and would be a good way to add an enjoyable local multiplayer feature.
This was floating around my head this week, especially with some saying Splatoon 3 needs "that one more thing" but no one could explicitly think of it.

I'm not sure about local multiplayer but a new hero mode with co-op as well sounds really cool. Imagine the bosses!

Just played through the intro and first couple level of Hero Mode.

My overall impression is that it feels just overall more premium than the first two games, as if it had a higher budget, though that is probably more down to it having a longer production cycle.
Nah,the team was much much bigger than past games,its one of nintendo biggest switch games

I'm pretty sure my cousin took the day off school to play this, he's playing it in my friends list LOL

Throwing eggs in Salmon Run is such a gamechanger, I don't think I can go back to the old version.

Really on the fence about getting this.

First one was a new experience, so it was fun for a bit. I found Splatoon 2's overall aesthetic, music, etc. to be insufferable so I didn't play it much. The playtest for this seemed better in that regard.

What bothers me most is I really don't enjoy playing shooters using a controller. That led to me using the roller in the past. The problem is this is a competitive game that I don't really care to try hard in, but I also can't not be competitive because it's the way I am.

Communication error galore, PTSD from Splatoon 2 is back. Just played Sunbreak a few minutes ago a everything was smooth as always

Im still getting used to it but after the splat fest and playing for a solid hour just now, when the splatana clicks with me it really clicks. Big fan of the weapon class, probably going to use my other golden ticket for the spinny one

60EB6AF6-2C75-43EE-A374-0FB47F0ADDAE.jpeg
A37159C9-2265-4B54-9AAE-AF4B934DAECA.jpeg

Tableturf Battle is a straight copy of Bravely Default 2's B 'n D, and I mean that in the absolute best way.

For anyone who doesn't know, B 'n D is the wonderful little card game in Bravely Default 2. I sunk probably a dozen hours playing it and found it quite addicting. I collected every card and beat every NPC multiple times. I always thought the one thing that hindered replayability was no online play, and surprise, it's back in Splatoon 3.

I'm so ready to play more Tableturf Battle than actual Turf War.

Hero mode is cool so far. Played 9 levels into the first Altaria island. The ones that stood out to me especially are the zipcaster only level and the lil buddy only one. Especially the former was a joy to play. Excited to go back for more this afternoon

Edit:
lil buddy during the first fight was genious. Got me chuckling when he got stuck in the inkvac, especially when he started making noises

Last edited:
I really hoped the online would be better but...getting one shotted by aerogun and the like, sniped behind cover, the classic splatoon experience again.
People also disconnect as much as ever but now they stop the match early, at least.

So funnily enough playing with a friend who doesn't watch game trailers has opened my eyes that the game fails to explain several things. She had constant questions "how do you draw posts, what's Salmon run" etc and finds it confusing. The friend rooms can also be a little hard to understand for a newbie.

Back
Top Bottom