• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This seems like an overly aggressive response, the issue is definitely on Nintendo's end, to the point where Nintendo has tweeted about it and apologized. Plenty of others are having the same issues, myself included, and I don't get them in another other game including Splatoon 2. So unless there is something you're supposed to do to get a good connection in Splatoon 3 specifically that isn't required for any other Switch game, it's likely on Nintendo's end and we'll just have to wait for them to fix it.
Nintendo's tweeted mostly about the Salmon Run issues, which do exist and they already worked on a bit in the last patch.

Splatoon might give you issues other games don't because it's still a more network intensive game than average. You can definitely mitigate it in your end in different ways. And it's not gonna be perfect, mind you! I still get the random error, but I'd say I'm around... 5% of matches with one of them? Having a random error is ... normal. Happens in most games. No one can absolutely prevent every single network condition that might happen at any time, so the best they can do it's shoot for "works most of the time for most people". And so far, we're there, with most people having a mostly okay experience. But if it's so prevalent that it's hampering your online experience, there's definitely something in your end making it worse. And who knows, maybe it's something fixable.

What I absolutely can't get at all is refusing to consider there's stuff you can do in your end, obtaining instant improvement on the online experience, without relying on anyone to "fix" stuff on their end. Because that's gonna end, very likely, with nothing getting fixed at all. And i've already had several people, some of them in this same thread that can't even consider that yeah, maybe they can do something in their end. Even getting angry at suggesting the possibility of doing so, and at being offered help in doing so. Case in point just made for itself.

So if it sounds aggressive, sorry, but it's something that very specifically bothers me, and we've been at it since Splatoon 2. Sometimes in life if you want something fixed, you can't wait for "someone" to take care of it. You have to do it yourself. Even if it's not "your fault" or whatever.

Nintendo's tweeted mostly about the Salmon Run issues, which do exist and they already worked on a bit in the last patch.

Splatoon might give you issues other games don't because it's still a more network intensive game than average. You can definitely mitigate it in your end in different ways. And it's not gonna be perfect, mind you! I still get the random error, but I'd say I'm around... 5% of matches with one of them? Having a random error is ... normal. Happens in most games. No one can absolutely prevent every single network condition that might happen at any time, so the best they can do it's shoot for "works most of the time for most people". And so far, we're there, with most people having a mostly okay experience. But if it's so prevalent that it's hampering your online experience, there's definitely something in your end making it worse. And who knows, maybe it's something fixable.

What I absolutely can't get at all is refusing to consider there's stuff you can do in your end, obtaining instant improvement on the online experience, without relying on anyone to "fix" stuff on their end. Because that's gonna end, very likely, with nothing getting fixed at all. And i've already had several people, some of them in this same thread that can't even consider that yeah, maybe they can do something in their end. Even getting angry at suggesting the possibility of doing so, and at being offered help in doing so. Case in point just made for itself.

So if it sounds aggressive, sorry, but it's something that very specifically bothers me, and we've been at it since Splatoon 2. Sometimes in life if you want something fixed, you can't wait for "someone" to take care of it. You have to do it yourself. Even if it's not "your fault" or whatever.
Sure, but sometimes it's completely out of the hands of an individual person. Out of curiosity, what exactly would you recommend I do to improve the situation? I'm open to suggestion but this is literally the only game I play with an issue.

Buddy, how on earth do you "fix" an internet issue that happens over FIVE different wifi sources and THREE different locations? I wasn't angry at being told there's stuff that I could do on my end. That's fine. You're the one who got extremely aggressive in your response and went off for no reason. So nice try. Don't be an asshole next time.

Like I'm sorry for being pissed off, but people telling me that they know my own situation better than I do is my number one pet peeve. ESPECIALLY when they're arrogant about it.

Sure, but sometimes it's completely out of the hands of an individual person. Out of curiosity, what exactly would you recommend I do to improve the situation? I'm open to suggestion but this is literally the only game I play with an issue.
This is the general checklist I go through:
  • Before anything, go into the Switch connection settings and change the MTU from 1400 to 1500. This works for both WiFi and LAN connections, and will provide some improvement.
  • If you're using WiFi, try having the console wired for a bit and see if you notice some improvement. 90% of connection problems are WiFi being a chaotic mess most of the time. There's LAN adapters that work on Switch for as little as 5 bucks, that will do the job. If you want to play undocked/have a Lite, you can get a USB-C adapter and actually play wired while handheld for that Link Cable feel.
    • If being wired doesn't improve much, then the problem might be on your ISP's end. I'd recommend calling them and explaining the situation, sometimes there's port settings on their end they can change that will help.
    • A good way to try this is tethering the Switch to your phone and trying to play through your phone data. If there's less errors, your ISP is likely fucking something up.
    • Finally, trying your Switch in other places might also help for comparison's sake. Especially if they have a different ISP than you (Which I'm aware might not be a thing in the US, in which case the problem is not on your end, but also not on Nintendo's.)
  • If you absolutely can't try wired internet at all and have to resort to WiFi, make sure your router has a 5Ghz band, and use it. It helps if your router can be set to have different SSIDs for the 5G and the 2.4G band. Try moving as close to the router as possible; 5G has a lot less range than 2.4G, but it's overall faster and more stable, with less latency.
    • If you notice marked improvement by being closer to the router and on the 5G band, getting a WiFi Repeater that supports 5G will help you keep a stabler connection from whenever you're trying, and not actually add much latency.
    • I'd also recommend playing around with the WiFi channels on the router and making sure your own WiFi network is on a different channel than other WiFi networks around you. This will also make the connection a lot more stable.
    • DO NOT use 2.4G wifi. It works, but it's a terrible idea. If your router only has 2.4G WiFi, assume you're not gonna get a good experience there regardless of what you do, unless you:
    • Investing on a good router that you can keep for years and it's not ISP-branded is also a good idea in general, not only for Splatoon, but for absolutely everything in your house working better.
There's more specifics, but for that I'd need to actually go through this and see what happens.

Maybe because you did it in an extremely inflammatory way
...the second time around, when I had already been told off. My first post there was:
If you're having an above average amount of communication errors, it's likely something on your side isn't cooperating as well as it should. If you need help improving your setup, you can ask.

I can say so far I've had way less problems than i had with previous games despite my current setup being worse.
Which I don't think was inflammatory at all, nor deserved being told off.

It's definitely not a statistical minority, Splatoon 3 is very buggy. There have been lots of reports about these errors (communication, servers, freezes, even the software suddenly closing and sending you to the console's main screen).

I play wired, my internet is fine, all other games consoles and games (even Splatoon 2) function properly, and while these errors were reduced a lot thanks to the latest update, I still get them frequently enough to annoy me (they just don't frustrate me anymore like during launch week).

IIFOyGY.jpg

...the second time around, when I had already been told off. My first post there was:
Their response to this was literally:
"It's not my end. I've used multiple different wifi sources and locations and I've gotten errors on all of them. It's Nintendo."

This is what you consider being told off?

It's definitely not a statistical minority, Splatoon 3 is very buggy. There have been lots of reports about these errors (communication, servers, freezes, even the software suddenly closing and sending you to the console's main screen).

I play wired, my internet is fine, all other games consoles and games (even Splatoon 2) function properly, and while these errors were reduced a lot thanks to the latest update, I still get them frequently enough to annoy me (they just don't frustrate me anymore like during launch week).

IIFOyGY.jpg
Would you say you get more errors than completed matches, though?

Their response to this was literally:
"It's not my end. I've used multiple different wifi sources and locations and I've gotten errors on all of them. It's Nintendo."

This is what you consider being told off?

Yeah, pretty much.

This is the general checklist I go through:
  • Before anything, go into the Switch connection settings and change the MTU from 1400 to 1500. This works for both WiFi and LAN connections, and will provide some improvement.
  • If you're using WiFi, try having the console wired for a bit and see if you notice some improvement. 90% of connection problems are WiFi being a chaotic mess most of the time. There's LAN adapters that work on Switch for as little as 5 bucks, that will do the job. If you want to play undocked/have a Lite, you can get a USB-C adapter and actually play wired while handheld for that Link Cable feel.
    • If being wired doesn't improve much, then the problem might be on your ISP's end. I'd recommend calling them and explaining the situation, sometimes there's port settings on their end they can change that will help.
    • A good way to try this is tethering the Switch to your phone and trying to play through your phone data. If there's less errors, your ISP is likely fucking something up.
    • Finally, trying your Switch in other places might also help for comparison's sake. Especially if they have a different ISP than you (Which I'm aware might not be a thing in the US, in which case the problem is not on your end, but also not on Nintendo's.)
  • If you absolutely can't try wired internet at all and have to resort to WiFi, make sure your router has a 5Ghz band, and use it. It helps if your router can be set to have different SSIDs for the 5G and the 2.4G band. Try moving as close to the router as possible; 5G has a lot less range than 2.4G, but it's overall faster and more stable, with less latency.
    • If you notice marked improvement by being closer to the router and on the 5G band, getting a WiFi Repeater that supports 5G will help you keep a stabler connection from whenever you're trying, and not actually add much latency.
    • I'd also recommend playing around with the WiFi channels on the router and making sure your own WiFi network is on a different channel than other WiFi networks around you. This will also make the connection a lot more stable.
    • DO NOT use 2.4G wifi. It works, but it's a terrible idea. If your router only has 2.4G WiFi, assume you're not gonna get a good experience there regardless of what you do, unless you:
    • Investing on a good router that you can keep for years and it's not ISP-branded is also a good idea in general, not only for Splatoon, but for absolutely everything in your house working better.
There's more specifics, but for that I'd need to actually go through this and see what happens.

I did the first thing already and all the other points are for being using wifi, I'm always wired. I do think it's good to have this posted here for those using wifi though.

And the other poster saying the issue isn't on his end isn't telling you off. I don't really see how one can take it that way.

Wow, Open Anarchy is way softer than Series.

Yeah the difference is very noticeable and consistent. I've concluded with absolutely no research whatsoever that Open doesn't use your matchmaking rating contrary to Series. In Series I feel like I frequently go up agaisnt X rank players of Splatoon 2. I feel like everyone but me in Open is of A+ skill level of Splatoon 2, unless I am playing at night on weekened.

Can confirm, Splatoon 3 and its netcode are buggy and all my friends have the same issues as me. I don't think telling people their negative experiences are invalid is OK to do if you don't have that experience, ESPECIALLY when a lot of others also report having the same negative experiences.

The amount of issues in Splatoon 3 is not acceptable, and we SHOULD hold Nintendo accountable. Defending them and saying "your internet sucks!" over and over isn't gonna do anything.

I did the first thing already and all the other points are for being using wifi, I'm always wired. I do think it's good to have this posted here for those using wifi though.

For wired I'd recommend shopping around for routers, really. And making sure the ethernet cables are good, it's a very fringe possibility, but sometimes those are in fact an issue.

And the other poster saying the issue isn't on his end isn't telling you off. I don't really see how one can take it that way.

It's more the attitude and absolute unwillingness to ever consider it, really.

The amount of issues in Splatoon 3 is not acceptable, and we SHOULD hold Nintendo accountable. Defending them and saying "your internet sucks!" over and over isn't gonna do anything.
I think reducing actually offering to help people improve their online connectivity on their end, regardless of what Nintendo is doing to "Saying your internet sucks over and over" does even worse. There's people that are legitimately going to have issues they can fix, and at least attempting to do so is always a good idea.

For wired I'd recommend shopping around for routers, really. And making sure the ethernet cables are good, it's a very fringe possibility, but sometimes those are in fact an issue.

It's more the attitude and absolute unwillingness to ever consider it, really.

I think reducing actually offering to help people improve their online connectivity on their end, regardless of what Nintendo is doing to "Saying your internet sucks over and over" does even worse. There's people that are legitimately going to have issues they can fix, and at least attempting to do so is always a good idea.
I appreciate your willingness to help but I really do think this is just on Nintendo's end. I have gigabit internet with a high quality router and no connection issues with any of my devices, including my Switch, and Splatoon 2. If I have to buy a new router just for Splatoon 3 and nothing else, then it's really on Nintendo to fix that.

My assumption for disconnects being more frequent than what we remember of 2 is that players who only have access to worse internet haven’t given up on the game yet

It honestly hasn’t been that bad for me yet but it is definitely annoying and I’m fairly sure it’s not on my end between the reasons others have pointed out and the fact that I’m never assigned a loss when it drops mid-game. I like this game a lot and I’d definitely be happy if they’re able to improve the situation in an update

I could have used someone like Tangerine_Cookie back when I could not for the life of me figure out why my connection in Black Ops III went to complete shit two months after it released. 😅

No, there is definitely an issue on Nintendo's end here. In my instance if you stay with the team you were on is when you're likely going to run into a communication error, and it can't really be associated to my side considering the second game ran fine.. And tons of others are reporting it and Nintendo has commented on it. Plenty of network issues can be caused on the user end, but not when it's reported to this extent. Nintendo would have tweeted out some directions to help you fix things on your end if they believed it was nothing on theirs. My connection is wired and I have no connection issues in any of their other titles, outside of laggy Smash matches which is just how it is.

I appreciate your willingness to help but I really do think this is just on Nintendo's end. I have gigabit internet with a high quality router and no connection issues with any of my devices, including my Switch, and Splatoon 2. If I have to buy a new router just for Splatoon 3 and nothing else, then it's really on Nintendo to fix that.
I mean, it's gonna depend on how many issues you're having. Not all issues are gonna be in your end. Ultimately slide's has the gist of it here:
My assumption for disconnects being more frequent than what we remember of 2 is that players who only have access to worse internet haven’t given up on the game yet
Splatoon is complicated network wise, and other players having shitty internet will also affect you. Which is one of the reasons I'm so willing to help other people with this, lol, everyone having their network setup in top shape benefits literally every other player they might come across.

That said, a new router would likely bring in more benefits than problems with the rest of your setup, though. I'd also recommend trying setting the Switch on your router's DMZ. If that improves things, then there's some ports being blocked there, and opening them will provide some improvement.

No, there is definitely an issue on Nintendo's end here. In my instance if you stay with the team you were on is when you're likely going to run into a communication error, and it can't really be associated to my side considering the second game ran fine.. And tons of others are reporting it and Nintendo has commented on it. Plenty of network issues can be caused on the user end, but not when it's reported to this extent. Nintendo would have tweeted out some directions to help you fix things on your end if they believed it was nothing on theirs. My connection is wired and I have no connection issues in any of their other titles, outside of laggy Smash matches which is just how it is.
That has literally never happened to me. Does it happen always/most of the time when you stay with the same team? If it does, from what I've read of the Splatoon 3 netcode, might be the game failing to negotiate opening the ports the game uses for the lobby system with the other players. Try putting the switch on your router's DMZ and see if it improves?

I mean, it's gonna depend on how many issues you're having. Not all issues are gonna be in your end. Ultimately slide's has the gist of it here:

Splatoon is complicated network wise, and other players having shitty internet will also affect you. Which is one of the reasons I'm so willing to help other people with this, lol, everyone having their network setup in top shape benefits literally every other player they might come across.

That said, a new router would likely bring in more benefits than problems with the rest of your setup, though. I'd also recommend trying setting the Switch on your router's DMZ. If that improves things, then there's some ports being blocked there, and opening them will provide some improvement.

That has literally never happened to me. Does it happen always/most of the time when you stay with the same team? If it does, from what I've read of the Splatoon 3 netcode, might be the game failing to negotiate opening the ports the game uses for the lobby system with the other players. Try putting the switch on your router's DMZ and see if it improves?

I'm going to wait until Nintendo has said the issue has been addressed rather than messing with my settings that work fine for every other game that exist. If the problem were to persist beyond that, I would attempt to alter the settings, but considering they have made a public response that they are working to address this very issue, it would seem weird to consider the issue on yourself.

Like, some people probably have a better network environment that plays well with whatever is going on with this game, but that doesn't mean there isn't an issue on their end either, they likely have adjustments to make to accommodate other network configurations. I assume the issue is somewhere in how the lobby system works, but I'm not a network engineer.

Plenty of other online games launch with issues like this and get resolved over time btw, this isn't unique to Splatoon 3, it's just that it currently is a problem and likely won't be in some months hopefully, it's why most major releases get some kind of network test prior to official release, something Splatoon 3 did not get really.

I'd say about 80 percent of the time I get into a match. Then within that 80 percent we'll sometimes see someone else disconnect which ends the match. There is obviously an issue with the game since it's seriously the only game I have an issue with. We're paying to play online now, we should expect better from Nintendo. I'm sure they'll address it with the December update.

I'm going to wait until Nintendo has said the issue has been addressed rather than messing with my settings that work fine for every other game that exist. If the problem were to persist beyond that, I would attempt to alter the settings, but considering they have made a public response that they are working to address this very issue, it would seem weird to consider the issue on yourself.

Like, some people probably have a better network environment that plays well with whatever is going on with this game, but that doesn't mean there isn't an issue on their end either, they likely have adjustments to make to accommodate other network configurations. I assume the issue is somewhere in how the lobby system works, but I'm not a network engineer.

Plenty of other online games launch with issues like this and get resolved over time btw, this isn't unique to Splatoon 3, it's just that it currently is a problem and likely won't be in some months hopefully, it's why most major releases get some kind of network test prior to official release, something Splatoon 3 did not get really.
Fair!
I'd say about 80 percent of the time I get into a match. Then within that 80 percent we'll sometimes see someone else disconnect which ends the match. There is obviously an issue with the game since it's seriously the only game I have an issue with. We're paying to play online now, we should expect better from Nintendo. I'm sure they'll address it with the December update.
Hmm, that's statistically very weird. Try the DMZ thing, seriously. Feels like the game is failing to open the ports on the router by itself.

Yeah you have to pair it with a social media post. It's partially to cut down on spam in the plaza and partially to force engagement. I always delete mine right away so no one outside of Splatsville can see it

Which is a quite terrible system if you, like me, don't use social media at all.

#BringMiiverseBack
Thanks! My drawing skills are pretty poor to begin with, but I’ll tighten my post up a bit and post it in the middle of the night to go less seen lol.

The fact that I haven't run into too many issues with Splatoon 3, at least no more than Splatoon 2, is probably a sign that I have not played enough Splatoon 3, huh?

...so, uh, how about that Rainmaker? I'm finally doing ranked and I did two series battles in that mode. The first didn't go so well, but I got into the groove and won the second series with only one loss. Got me into B, and I think I'll try for B+ tonight. Feels like big progress for me, didn't really do much ranked in 1 and 2.

I don't think it's a good thing if you have to tell people with otherwise perfect connections to mess with their settings and whole setup just for Splatoon 3
Bingo. If you need to screw with the otherwise perfectly functional settings just to have a chance of improvement, then the game has already failed. Not to mention that Nintendo is offering basically no official information in regards to fixing these issues either. A casual player not connected to the online community is going to have a rough time, especially kids.

I haven’t had that many issues myself, but the complaints are too widespread at this point for it to not be an issue on Nintendo’s side. This should not be happening for one of their big $60 releases.

I don't think it's a good thing if you have to tell people with otherwise perfect connections to mess with their settings and whole setup just for Splatoon 3
Bingo. If you need to screw with the otherwise perfectly functional settings just to have a chance of improvement, then the game has already failed. Not to mention that Nintendo is offering basically no official information in regards to fixing these issues either. A casual player not connected to the online community is going to have a rough time, especially kids.

I haven’t had that many issues myself, but the complaints are too widespread at this point for it to not be an issue on Nintendo’s side. This should not be happening for one of their big $60 releases.

If Splatoon 3 isn't working then their connections might not be that perfect, and for all we know "messing" with them will also provide improvements to other stuff they weren't even aware could work better. I've had people that while messing with their routers to try to make Splatoon 2 better, suddenly doubled their Bittorrent download speed as a side effect.

As a side note: If the issues were as prevalent and required as much work as people are making them to be, you'd absolutely be seeing a lot more activity on Nintendo's end. We're talking official apologies, help documents helping with it, and a lot more pressure on the patches. Because the issues would be truly widespread, and they'd have the numbers to know so.

This is, again, one of the internet bubbles where most of the playerbase just isn't having issues, and also not participating in the game's discourse; with the complaints about problems looking way more frequent than what they statistically are in the entire playerbase.

The fact that I haven't run into too many issues with Splatoon 3, at least no more than Splatoon 2, is probably a sign that I have not played enough Splatoon 3, huh?

No, that's as far as I'm concerned my experience too. I've overall had way less issues than launch Splatoon 1 and 2.

...so, uh, how about that Rainmaker? I'm finally doing ranked and I did two series battles in that mode. The first didn't go so well, but I got into the groove and won the second series with only one loss. Got me into B, and I think I'll try for B+ tonight. Feels like big progress for me, didn't really do much ranked in 1 and 2.
I think Rainmaker might be my favorite in Splatoon 3. More surprised Clam Blitz feels more playable for some reason?

I haven’t had many disconnects on my end since I have a wired connection, but I still encounter a bunch through other people. I blame Nintendo for not including an ethernet port on the original dock. It doomed the Switch to subpar internet experiences.

I haven’t had many disconnects on my end since I have a wired connection, but I still encounter a bunch through other people. I blame Nintendo for not including an ethernet port on the original dock. It doomed the Switch to subpar internet experiences.
The combination of no ethernet and the OG Switch having a very sub par WiFi chip/antenna is basically what has absolutely dragged down all of their online efforts, yeah.
I'm convinced people using an OLED, which does have better WiFi hardware, aren't even going to notice anything.

Anyways, Splatzones is still the best mode but all 4 ranked modes are great to me. Adding checkpoints to Rainmaker was a great idea though.
Splatzones is great. I'm just wondering if any of the maps we have now has more than one zone, because all the ones I've played have been single zone, and I have fond memories of trying to defend both zones in the original game lol

Currently level 18 and reached S rank. I think I'm satisfied now. Maybe because I have 300+ hours in Splatoon 2 lol.

The biggest highlight for me was the amazing single player. Looking forward to the DLC.

Currently level 18 and reached S rank. I think I'm satisfied now. Maybe because I have 300+ hours in Splatoon 2 lol.

The biggest highlight for me was the amazing single player. Looking forward to the DLC.

Already satisfied? The party literally and figuratively hasn't even started!

I’m dying for coins. Too many expensive things the gear shops, just spend like 30k on two items. Down to just 16k now and I’ve been using the coin boosting food thing.

Anyways, Splatzones is still the best mode but all 4 ranked modes are great to me. Adding checkpoints to Rainmaker was a great idea though.

Now that I've played it I agree the Rainmaker checkpoints work well in practice. Considering this effort to prolong battles in one mode, it's weird how short some of the Tower Control tracks feel, though. Maybe it's just me misremembering the state of Splatoon and Splatoon 2, but I feel like defenders used to get one or two more attempts to stop a push in progress compared to the swift ride to knockout city in Splatoon 3.

Now that I've played it I agree the Rainmaker checkpoints work well in practice. Considering this effort to prolong Rainmaker, it's weird how short some of the Tower Control tracks feel, though. Maybe it's just me misremembering the state of Splatoon and Splatoon 2, but I feel like defenders used to get one or two more attempts to stop a push in progress compared to the swift ride to knockout city in Splatoon 3.
The tracks are shorter on average I believe, assuming to make it so you dont have to deal with the spawn armor too much. In return though, there are also more checkpoints on average.

Already satisfied? The party literally and figuratively hasn't even started!
For ranked mode that is lol. Still need to do Salmon Run but I'm hoping for something really new when it comes to PvE and with the data mining, we might get something cool?

The combination of no ethernet and the OG Switch having a very sub par WiFi chip/antenna is basically what has absolutely dragged down all of their online efforts, yeah.
I'm convinced people using an OLED, which does have better WiFi hardware, aren't even going to notice anything.
No, I'm using an OLED and in a given day I'll get more errors than completed matches. Super annoying to deal with. It only happens on Turf War, not in ranked or Salmon Run.

Splatzones is great. I'm just wondering if any of the maps we have now has more than one zone, because all the ones I've played have been single zone, and I have fond memories of trying to defend both zones in the original game lol
Right now I think it's just Undertow as someone mentioned, but I agree that double zones are more exciting. Hopefully future maps have more than one zone.

You know what, it's probably part of a loop they do, but I standing outside the window of the studio where Deep Cut does their thing, and they waved, and I thought that was the coolest thing, lmao.

You know what, it's probably part of a loop they do, but I standing outside the window of the studio where Deep Cut does their thing, and they waved, and I thought that was the coolest thing, lmao.
They specifically do it only when you're standing there!

And if you beat the story mode, they'll be more excited to see you!

I’m dying for coins. Too many expensive things the gear shops, just spend like 30k on two items. Down to just 16k now and I’ve been using the coin boosting food thing.
are you doing Salmon Runs every reset?
With targeting mainly the orbs, I went from like 10k to around 100k after a couple runs yesterday getting lucky with a couple of 15k coin pulls with the regular 5k or so ones

No, I'm using an OLED and in a given day I'll get more errors than completed matches. Super annoying to deal with. It only happens on Turf War, not in ranked or Salmon Run.

That's weird. Are you connecting through WiFi? Can you try some of the stuff I posted?

Right now I think it's just Undertow as someone mentioned, but I agree that double zones are more exciting. Hopefully future maps have more than one zone.
I wish they just did single/double zone variants of all maps, really. It's basically a completely different experience.

are you doing Salmon Runs every reset?
With targeting mainly the orbs, I went from like 10k to around 100k after a couple runs yesterday getting lucky with a couple of 15k coin pulls with the regular 5k or so ones
I've not been playing much Salmon Run actually, didn't realise you could make so much from it, damn. I'd mostly been doing turf war but I'll have to try out more Salmon Run then.

Just started Salmon Run training. Never played it in Splatoon 2 believe it or not. So this is basically COD Zombies but fun?

Maybe it's the Open Anarchy talking, but the Explosher is gelling with me. I always wanted the Sloshing Machine to have a little bit more range and the kit, while not as straightforwardly powerful as what the other buckets get, suits the playstyle, too. Point Sensor works surprisingly well for getting teammates to pay attention to flanking threats. Ink Storm on the other hand has great synergy on a weapon that does just under 100 damage on a direct hit, putting every opponent under the cloud at risk of getting one-shotted even over barriers.

Kinda ink-hungry for Splat Zones, so I'm thinking Main Saver or Recovery Up and absolutely Sub Saver if I build a fit. Kinda want Thermal Ink for the over-the-wall kill potential. And then Charge Up and Special Saver for the rest.

Last edited:
Maybe it's the Open Anarchy talking, but the Explosher is gelling with me. I always wanted the Sloshing Machine to have a little bit more range and the kit, while not as straightforwardly powerful as what the other buckets get, suits the playstyle, too. Point Sensor works surprisingly well for getting teammates to pay attention to flanking threats. Ink Storm on the other hand has great synergy on a weapon that does just under 100 damage on a direct hit, putting every opponent under the cloud at risk of getting one-shotted even over barriers.
You seem to be having an easier time with open than I am lol. I definitely feel like I'm facing a group of friends quite often because they seem pretty coordinated, especially if it's clam blitz. I'm finding the series mode to be much easier.

You seem to be having an easier time with open than I am lol. I definitely feel like I'm facing a group of friends quite often because they seem pretty coordinated, especially if it's clam blitz. I'm finding the series mode to be much easier.

What rank are you at? Could be these are special circumstances since I'm stuck at A+ with the S/S+ in the same pool situation. But Open has matchmaking problems in the opposite direction as I've been in games where I was fully convinced, while playing and after reviewing the replays, that everyone else was C+ at best.

Back
Top Bottom