• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, is being a Ranged Blaster an indicator to just fool around and purposefully lose? because for the past 10 matches I've noticed that people will purposefully throw games when I'm on their team but actively participate when on the opposing team. Like this one asshole who will not participate in the Splat Zones, staying in base until the timer for the opposing team reaches 10 seconds. Other things include, actively not painting the Splat Zones, purposefully walking in uninked or enemy ink until splatted, or otherwise just purpsosefully throwing the game. Then, when they are on the opposing team, they will do none of this and make sure to win.

Like, I want to lose because I'm bad at this game. I don't want to lose because I'm apparently the "you must lose every match" patsy.

Fvkp9p9agAAMHQ4

Fvkp9qLacAAEk3h

Power crushed the competition, so those that chose it got what they wanted, ultimate domination. Congrats Team Power.

Courage had the least votes and victories, so those that picked it made a bold decision and bravely fought against the odds, showing that even in defeat they have the courage that they sought. I salute my fellow squids and octos in green, it was a honor fighting alongside you. Good effort Team Courage.

As for Wisdom, they were strong and fought hard, but well...I guess they weren't smart enough to pick the winning team. Oops. Sorry Team Wisdom.

In any event, the takeaway from this Spatfest is that you can't spell "Link" or "Zelda" without an L.

I had no idea there was this Splatoon drama happening:

OWMosE4.jpg

saYwqmp.jpg

MOGJfkR.jpg

LigW6RJ.jpg

qEB06JA.jpg

2pGPDVW.jpg

k9XzEPa.jpg

Never noticed they had several accounts until today :p
But ultimately, who freaking cares? Nobody's making money out of this and we get great art.

Nintendo must surely be preparing an emergency patch to make Ganondorf into a good guy in ToTK after these results.

New Splatfest art gallery page on the official Splatoon site. Unless i'm missing something it doesn't have the international Splatfests for Splatoon 1 though, just 2.

I'm gonna lay those Splatfest results at the feet of every region but my own. Came up against Team Power only like three or four times during the whole Splatfest climb and was greeted with x100 and x333 win announcements for Team Wisdom whenever I came back from a match of whopping Team Courage's ass.

If Zelda isn't playable in TotK, it'll be your fault.

did people hate it because they thought it's bad? I thought they hated it because it's annoying
Because it's "no skill / spammy / afk gaming" that only gets "completely random kills while perched up without ever moving"

So many are calling for a rework/redesign even though they don't even try to understand what the current Blob does

Last edited:
Because it's "no skill / spammy / afk gaming" that only gets "completely random kills while perched up without ever moving"

So many are calling for a rework/redesign even though they don't even try to understand what the current Blob does
I like the weapon, but I would change a thing: the bubbles should have damage decay as they get smaller/the more they travel or bounce.

I’m legit impressed they managed to work “it’s a secret to everybody” into the Splatfest results script 👏👏👏

I can't believe it took more than 1 hour for Horrorboros to finally appear and we ended up not defeating it so I feel like I wasted all that time chasing nothing.

May or may not have been skipping out on practice for Dutch Championships to play Zelda 😅
Exploring is so addictive. I played almost 9 straight hours on launch day and until 5am on both Saturday and Sunday o_O

How's the practice going? What's the process?
Like, the 4 of you just play together for hours against random people until feeling satisfied? Always using the same set? I'm really curious how the pros do their training.

How's the practice going? What's the process?
Like, the 4 of you just play together for hours against random people until feeling satisfied? Always using the same set? I'm really curious how the pros do their training.
We find scrims (private battle practice lobbies) against other competitive teams, and then between matches we discuss what we did well last match and what we could've done better. We practice whatever we think works well, so for some maps/modes we use different things than others.

Saying that Tri-Stringer is underexplored would be an understatement (Nintendo forgot to add a skill ceiling when designing this weapon)

When we expecting new season info? It'll likely be this week, but what day?
Today for sure! You can ask tomorrow and I'll give the same answer!

I really need it to be a trailer this time, I can't accept that we might never get another masterpiece like the kensa anime opening

Today for sure! You can ask tomorrow and I'll give the same answer!

I really need it to be a trailer this time, I can't accept that we might never get another masterpiece like the kensa anime opening
We didn't get a reveal during the usual SplatoonJP tweeting time, so maybe we'll get a trailer today at the general Nintendo reveal time? /copium

Practicing Turf War in competitive makes me realize

It's just Splat Zones except the counter doesn't go down and the team who has zone when the clock hits zero wins

Practicing Turf War in competitive makes me realize

It's just Splat Zones except the counter doesn't go down and the team who has zone when the clock hits zero wins

That realization is one of the reasons why I could never quite buy into the general distaste of the western competitive community for Turf War. Yes, games are decided in the final quarter. Same goes for Handball, Basketball or Football. And Splatoon teams already run 30ish seconds lock-down drills to keep the enemy team away from zone/mid, which directly translates.

We didn't get a reveal during the usual SplatoonJP tweeting time, so maybe we'll get a trailer today at the general Nintendo reveal time? /copium
I have a feeling that similar to the last season's reveal, the new content will be revealed this week (maybe Friday?), and then the details will be slowly revealed in the days following up to June.

Thank you for reading.

That realization is one of the reasons why I could never quite buy into the general distaste of the western competitive community for Turf War. Yes, games are decided in the final quarter. Same goes for Handball, Basketball or Football. And Splatoon teams already run 30ish seconds lock-down drills to keep the enemy team away from zone/mid, which directly translates.
I mean, my distaste comes from the fact that you have to play 2:30 of nothingness and then one execution mistake in the last 30 seconds instantly loses you the game. There's no way to get a real lead unlike those sports or the ranked modes.

I mean, my distaste comes from the fact that you have to play 2:30 of nothingness and then one execution mistake in the last 30 seconds instantly loses you the game. There's no way to get a real lead unlike those sports or the ranked modes.
With evenly matched teams there's not gonna be a blow-out lead in those sports outside freak events. It's still figuring out the opponent, getting your machine to gel, and putting yourself in the right position for 75% of the duration of the match and then it's clutch time.

Fine-tuning tactics against each other to make sure yours is the better one when it counts isn't nothing. A lot of stuff can be going on in a soccer match when it's 0-0 for 90 minutes with not even many goal scoring opportunities.

Finally, a third brush type. A Super Scope Blaster is also long overdue; we've had the Zapper since Splatoon 1!

Also finally new music... need that variety.

Superscope Blaster and a new Salmon Run stage means this is of interest to me, but we'll see how goofing around in Hyrule is going by then.

Painbrush immediately on rotation, hoping it has a good kit. Love the super scope 92 as well.

Where is Kelpdome you cowards?

Also, I'm screwed. I'm only on catalogue level 28. No way am I getting 78 levels in 2 weeks.

I shouldn't have missed the Splatfest.

Super happy to see Super Scope getting referenced finally! Humpback was a bit of fun in 2 so glad to see that back. And we're getting "mutators", which I'm sure is going to make everyone unhappy.

why did they make the super scope a blaster?! devastated
Because it's a bazooka / rocket launcher?

Back
Top Bottom