• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Side Order out now!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems, much like my art post in Splatoon, my post here was sent to the void as well… 😔
So…does anyone know how the in-game posts actually work? As in, what determines whether a post actually shows up in game or not? I made a post yesterday and it’s still not appeared in game for me or any of my friends. A friend of mine had the same issue with their post, too. And it’s not like these were low effort posts or anything. It’s super frustrating not knowing the fate of your post. Seems like it was just cast into the void…

I assume that in order for posts to appear in most people’s games that they have to be Fresh!’d enough, but if they don’t really appear in game until then then how is that even supposed to happen in the first place?! I know in the original Splatoon on Wii U, you could see the posts from your friends in your plaza and Yeah! them there, but that doesn’t seem to be the case in either Splatoon 2 or Splatoon 3; even if someone on your Friend List shows up in your square by having recently played with them, the game doesn’t show a post from them (if they’ve made one) so you can’t even help friends’ posts out by given them a Fresh! like that.

So how do posts become popular and seen in game?! I don’t wanna waste a bunch of time making posts if they’re never going to actually show up in game… =/ It doesn’t seem to make any sense, because I see some super low effort and unfunny posts appear, but then if I or a friend of mine posts something that you’d think would be popular, they just…don’t ever appear??
Or I guess no one knows how the hell this feature really works. I can’t find any information online, just other people asking the same thing with no real answers given…

My post still hasn’t shown up in other people’s games yet as far as I’m aware, either. =(

I have not won a single match! ANd it's because if I go Open I get a loud notice saying I'm facing a 4 man Team
If you're referring to those little team titles, that's just based on whether they're inkling/octoling and the gear they're wearing.

Most teams I've faced in Open haven't felt like a group of 4.

It seems, much like my art post in Splatoon, my post here was sent to the void as well… 😔

Or I guess no one knows how the hell this feature really works. I can’t find any information online, just other people asking the same thing with no real answers given…

My post still hasn’t shown up in other people’s games yet as far as I’m aware, either. =(
I will say I have wondered how it works myself but I don’t think anyone knows really.
It not showing up in your friends game makes me think maybe there was an issue and it got deleted or something? Because you’d think it would definitely show up in their games

Quoted by: Tye
Whilst it kind of makes sense, not being able to play with friends who chose a different splatfest team is very annoying.

I will say I have wondered how it works myself but I don’t think anyone knows really.
It not showing up in your friends game makes me think maybe there was an issue and it got deleted or something? Because you’d think it would definitely show up in their games
Well, like I said, to my knowledge that hasn’t been a thing since the first Splatoon. In that game, you could see your friends’ Miiverse posts in the plaza, but in 2 and 3 that’s not the case, and it seems your post will only really appear in friends’ games if it just happens to be Fresh!’d enough. Or something. I dunno, the whole process is super unclear and frustrating…

I forgot that this was a kid's game until fun won the halftime lmao
1017589483086037172.gif

Yeah, Tricolor needs an overhaul of some sort.

The team imbalances make matchmaking impossible - on top of the "reduced rate".

Last edited:
I finally hit level 19 and got my beloved arrested development weapon back

I went 17 - 1 in a regular match with it just now

I would just make tricolor a regular mode in the game. Maybe for just a weekend. Make a whole Splatfest just tricolor turf war matches, no 1v1s.

Tricolor would have been better if it was a normal 3v3v3 mode with 3 spawns and no attackers/defenders. For the moment, it looks like they decided to implement tricolor matches when the maps were already made and done, so no maps were created with the mode in mind.

I heard from a friend who has played Splatoon pretty much forever that in Splatfests better players will sometimes pick the stupid option if there is one because it's competitively advantageous

anecdotally this checks out, because team fun makes team grub look like a bunch of literal kids

Man, I played over two hours and didn't get the tricolor match even once. The same thing happened during the world premier. I like the game, but that is really frustrating when it was one of their selling points.

I heard from a friend who has played Splatoon pretty much forever that in Splatfests better players will sometimes pick the stupid option if there is one because it's competitively advantageous

anecdotally this checks out, because team fun makes team grub look like a bunch of literal kids
problem is it's a self fulfilling prophecy

The logic they give is a negligible advantage at best but because they do it en masse there's a disproportionate number of good players on one team. Three teams might help, but IDK.

Also, 25 battles in the tri color queue and no tri color battle. This is such a massive overcorrection, I'm honestly a bit upset.

Which weapons have you all really been enjoying? I've played a bunch of Splatoon 2, so I'm not a stranger to most of them, but I feel like I'm in a rut when it comes to picking a main weapon. I feel like I suck with everything so far in 3.

Which weapons have you all really been enjoying? I've played a bunch of Splatoon 2, so I'm not a stranger to most of them, but I feel like I'm in a rut when it comes to picking a main weapon. I feel like I suck with everything so far in 3.
Just recently reached 4 stars (and thus the first badge) with the Dualie Squelchers.

Had three rounds of tricolor as defenders, won one. This is definitely a better map than the last one for it. If both sides each get a rocket there’s still a chance for defenders to win since you can more easily enter the enemy bases.

I still think this mode is flawed in the sense defenders have to be near perfect all game whereas attackers just need one or two decent pushes. There’s a level of coordination needed for this mode you just can’t get from randos. Had a lot of fun with a friend.

I'm shocked to hear those saying they are having a hard time getting tri-color battles. I got 5/9 battles were tri-color when it unlocked. Maybe in just lucky.

So I swear I played the other games. I swear! But this game has so many different types of currency and progression and I don't know what half of them do.

Anyone got a nice, brief explainer here? I'm specifically referring to things like Clout! What the heck is that?!

I loved the splatoon games to death but I dunno, I’m finding the multiplayer to be a lot more annoying and less fun than the first two. The map designs and weapon balancing just feels off to me

Man I love how it's just impossible to actually get into Tricolor battles. Nintendo did such a good job with this feature they hyped up so much

Currencies
So I swear I played the other games. I swear! But this game has so many different types of currency and progression and I don't know what half of them do.

Anyone got a nice, brief explainer here? I'm specifically referring to things like Clout! What the heck is that?!

Universal currencies

Gold (money) can be used to buy headgear, shirts, shoes, and locker items from Hotlantis, the general store. You can also spend 5,000 gold at the Shell-out machine (the gumball gacha machine in the Lobby) once per day for a random reward. Any subsequent uses of the Shell-out machine that day cost 30,000 gold. Days reset at 8PM EST.

Experience points are won from any type of non-Salmon Run or Tableturf battle and are used to level up your character, which unlocks lower weapon costs as well as earning you Conch shells (only during Splatfest).

Catalog points are for earning rewards from this season's catalog, which go up to level 100 and will be reset in three months for next season's Catalog.

Tableturf points are like Catalog points but for the Tableturf reward system. As of now the level cap is 50. Currently I'm TableTurf 33. Thanks to that, I have a unique end-battle pose that I haven't seen used by a single other person in the game this far.

Splatfest-only currencies

Clout is points for your Splatfest team. Clout is one third of the winning criteria used for judging the winning Splatfest team.

Conch shells are a Splatfest-only currency you get by leveling up your character with EXP, or by leveling up your Catalog with Catalog points. Conch shells give you one free use of the Shell-out machine. They are also used as one third of the winning criteria used for judging the winning Splatfest team (the final third is popularity).

Sea snails, not to be confused with Conch shells, are also a Splatfest-only currency that you earn for participating in Splatfest after Splatfest is over. Sea snails are a very valuable currency to be given to Murch in order to add Power levels (ability slots) to your gear, and to reroll existing abilities on your gear.

And finally, Festival shells, not to be confused with Sea snails or Conch shells, are another Splatfest-only currency that increase the odds of your team entering a 100x or 333x Splatfest battle, in which your team's resulting clout is multiplied by the respective amount. You earn Festival shells by winning 10x Splatfest battles, which occur rarely and randomly.

Game, what the hell did I do to deserve to have the last 10 matches make me go against Ruler's +7 at the minimum with 100X clears!?! I've never had matchmaking this bad. It keeps sticking me with fans and my oponents have that symbol above their heads indicating they've won the 100x clears. What the hell am I supposed to do!?!

Edit: Oh I'm sorry, I angered the game, because the next game had me against 4x Ruler +9

Forget it. I'm out this Splatfest. If this game is determined to make me feel like a piece of shit and wants to make sure the matching making is so fucking bonkers that it will team the best against the worst repetedly with no rest I'm done with Splatfests.

Last edited:
Finally get a Tricolor battle and a moron on our "allied" team kills me while I'm trying to get the ultra signal, leading to our loss. As expected of someone dumb enough to pick Team Grub.

Finally get a Tricolor battle and a moron on our "allied" team kills me while I'm trying to get the ultra signal, leading to our loss. As expected of someone dumb enough to pick Team Grub.
Isn't the other team still against you?

In Tricolor, my ally is not my ally if they are doing something I don't want. I WILL kill you if you are trying to get the Ultra Signal. You get points for that stuff. As a petty last place Team Grub player, I had no problem killing Gear and securing both signals. Gear can stay in second place with us losers.

I'm Team Fun.
Yea, I think the least populated team has higher chances of TriColor so that makes sense.

Gonna write a complaint to Nintendo
15 attempts and no Tricolor Match
Clearly Nintendo lied to us
Tricolor is not real
And yes I used the actual Tricolor Matchmaking
Just let me do Tricolor so I can be miserable with everyone else!!

Been queueing for an hour and haven’t played Tricolor once, this sucks, I wanna play the new mode.
Same. Been playing for more than hour and nothing. Am not even on defending team so I can select Tricolor in lobby but still getting only Turf War. It's getting really annoying.

Back
Top Bottom