• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Side Order out now!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeesh, youtube compression did a number on this one

after my second shot they started squidbagging directly into my firing range
No I just… didn’t realize they were squidbagging at you lmao. Didn’t realize it was a thing outside of a splat, but that make sense.

Any word on when the March patch is coming? The new Tricolor stage and presumably the new Splatfest song are set for the upcoming Splatfest, neither of which are available in the data yet. Something tells me that it will be available next Monday.

Thank you for reading.

Thank you Mr. Grizz for allowing us to become Luke Skywalker
Splatana_Wiper.jpg

Any word on when the March patch is coming? The new Tricolor stage and presumably the new Splatfest song are set for the upcoming Splatfest, neither of which are available in the data yet. Something tells me that it will be available next Monday.

Thank you for reading.
They usually release patches around Mon-Wed so yeah, that sounds likely

I'm just curious if this is that sooner-than-usual balance patch they mentioned too or if we'll have to wait longer for that

I'm tired of Kraken, it isn't broken or anything but it is just too annoying, it doesn't help that thanks to the online being the way it is they kill you from a mile away, why would they bring back an invisible special.

These turf war comps in the pax tournament... Please Nintendo release us from Splash-o-matic hell

Also you can pick up the weird banner with the fake Splatoon 3 logo

FsKLgBRXoAIMzgX

Have you tried the new sniper yet?

I've been trying it lately and I think the kit's really strong. Both the sub and the special work really well with it.
I really like the kit, but it's limited by my habits. If I really focused on developing good wall practice I could really shred with it, but at this point I'm pretty committed to the Classic Squiffer. Most of the time that I play anything else I reach for my Pointer Sensor in vain. I also play everything else way too close.

The weapon selection for this shift is good. I really want to go beyond VP 400 on any stage, but it takes way too long, especially when you have to start at 40 and play LOTS of shifts with really bad players :(
Yeah the reset always being that low makes no sense, like high level X Battle players being sent back to S Rank at the start of the season... And even past EVP 400 many players still wall cling during the entire glowflies wave, barely use their main weapon on king salmonids or stall the first boss spawns

Good rotation indeed, the next ones are promising too. Especially looking forward to the one on Sockeye with Dualies / Stamper / Hydra / Pro, might be my best chance in a while to get to 999 (or at least get many free Horrorboros kills with the massive combined dps + range)

disclaimer to my fellow chargers: the raccoon playstyle yields meagre victories and ample heartbreak. however, said victories are supremely satisfying

So I counted and atm I'm on a 9-in-a-row-and-counting streak of rainmaker solely on Brinewater Springs. Undertow might as well not exist this rotation

Edit: broke my streak right after typing this...

Last edited:
Had a connection error yesterday with 2 seconds left in a match. I almost quit gaming entirely.
I’ve had this happen like three or four times and every time it was for a game where my team was assured victory. It’s the most infuriating feeling possible in gaming lol.

Are there any place to check the damage values for specials in Salmon Run? At least for main weapons and Splat Bombs, you get to identify the damage values, but the specials aren't able to be used in target practice so I have no idea how power they generally are.

Thank you for reading.

Are there any place to check the damage values for specials in Salmon Run? At least for main weapons and Splat Bombs, you get to identify the damage values, but the specials aren't able to be used in target practice so I have no idea how power they generally are.

Thank you for reading.
They do the same amount as in regular multiplayer so you can test them in the regular lobby.

I don't care about Gold Dynamo anymore, Tacticooler is just so much fun on this weapon

especially with the abilities it allows me to use
image.png

...please fix Dynamo's hitbox & paint though?

...please fix Dynamo's hitbox & paint though?

I like Dynamo a lot. But this is exactly the reason why I stopped playing it. It just doesn't feel consistent when using it against other players.

Other rollers also suffer from it. But it's worst for dynamo because if you get this there's no way you're recovering from it because the weapon is so slow.

SeasonThemeDate
Drizzle 2022Gear vs Grub vs FunSeptember 24th, 2022
Drizzle 2022Grass vs Fire vs WaterNovember 12th, 2022
Chill 2022Big Run: Wahoo WorldDecember 10th, 2022
Chill 2022Sweet vs Spicy vs SourJanuary 7th, 2023
Chill 2022Dark vs Milk vs WhiteFebruary 11th, 2023
Fresh 2023Big Run: Inkblot Art AcademyMarch 4th, 2023
Fresh 2023Nessie vs Aliens vs BigfootApril 1st, 2023

Fresh 2023 will probably end on May 31st, and the latest Splatfest will be held during the first two days of April, so that leaves us with almost two month for events. We know there is a 3rd type of special event, Eggstra Work, scheduled for April.
As far as I know, there isn't a new type of Salmon Run boss in the game data yet, and with the exception of October 2022, there has been an event per month, with a pattern* of 1 Big Run + 2 Splatfests per season.

So, do you think there will be a Splatfest during May or will it be an October situation again? What about the supposed big balance patch?

* Drizzle 2022 was a shorter season, so I'm doing a little bit of assumption here :p

My hunch is that Eggstra Work will occur sometime in every month that doesn't have a Big Run since it's a more minor event. That would make the 15 or 22nd likely for April and probably only the 20th for May. I would put money on a Zelda themed Courage, Wisdom, and Power Splatfest the weekend of May 6th.

On the one hand, it'd be perfect if Eggstra Work was on the Easter Weekend, but on the other, I'm not expecting an event 2 weekends in a row

Also, I think we'll get a balance patch VERY soon. We need a patch before Splatfest, and a balance patch was promised "late March/early April", so now would be a good time. Unless it's not quite done and we get the Splatfest fixes this week and balancing next week.

For some reason, the patch not being announced yet feels suspenseful. Hopefully it has some substantial changes in favour of underwhelming weapons (for competitive play), like Clash Blaster. The weapon I mentioned didn't seem to do much even though it has the hot new special, though the N-Zap '89 did use the new special well.
They do the same amount as in regular multiplayer so you can test them in the regular lobby.
I am not so certain about this yet, because the damage values for regular lobby are low relative to the Salmonids' HPs. For example, Cohocks have 400HP, which is way more than the damage most specials would do. In fact, I sort of feel like the big blasts for Crab Tank do a lot of damage (it even feels like having the same impact as the cannon damage from Cohock Charge), more than the regular lobby's 30HP damage. Most main weapons have a damage boost to account for their lower rate of fire, after all (e.g. Slosher does 100 damage, which helps against the 100HP Chums, compared to 70 damage in regular cases).

But of course, I can't verify this so maybe I may be imagining things. If I get the chance, I would give the specials a go an see how the Salmonid reacts to them, like Wave Breaker (it does 45 damage for each ring in standard multiplayer), so need to see if Chums take a while to be taken down).

Thank you for reading.

Every time I play I can't help but compare how paltry the content is so far vs. Splatoon 2. It feels like the same 5 stages over and over, with the same 5 bgm tracks.

My hunch is that Eggstra Work will occur sometime in every month that doesn't have a Big Run since it's a more minor event. That would make the 15 or 22nd likely for April and probably only the 20th for May. I would put money on a Zelda themed Courage, Wisdom, and Power Splatfest the weekend of May 6th.
I was thinking the timing of ToTK release is perfect for a Zelda theme fest in early May, but I was thinking it's Link vs Zelda vs Ganon, but your suggestion seems more balanced.

Man, I love trying to learn Bamboozler and immediately seeing an E-liter on the other team and knowing I won't be able to do anything the whole match before losing.

You know what Nintendo, you win. From now on when this happens I'm just gonna immediately close the game, ending it for everyone. Now no one gets to enjoy the match because your matchmaking is so actively hostile and spiteful.

Man, I love trying to learn Bamboozler and immediately seeing an E-liter on the other team and knowing I won't be able to do anything the whole match before losing.

You know what Nintendo, you win. From now on when this happens I'm just gonna immediately close the game, ending it for everyone. Now no one gets to enjoy the match because your matchmaking is so actively hostile and spiteful.
It's so dumb. Yesterday I was playing hydra and got matched with another hydra and an e-liter, the other team had 2 dapples and no backliners. Was an interesting match, but also really dumb.

It's so dumb. Yesterday I was playing hydra and got matched with another hydra and an e-liter, the other team had 2 dapples and no backliners. Was an interesting match, but also really dumb.
They've had three games to fix the matchmaking problems, they only conclusion is that think this is actually fine, and it's cool to have dumb pointless games where you have multiple chargers on the same team, or one team with an e-liter and the entire other team has no range past 10 feet.

I am never going to get out of 0-star hell with the Bamboozler. Nintendo's hatred and spite for me is absolute, I'm never allowed to win a single game. Honestly if someone deliberately designed a game to drive one specific person insane, they could never, ever do a better job than Nintendo did with this game.

Back
Top Bottom