• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait, don't all three already exist in the Splatoon Universe?

Nessie: Given Horrorboros I wouldn't doubt there's a Salmonoid or something that looks like Nessie

Aliens: (Splatoon 3 Spoilers)

The Ark Polaris Project technically fulfills this part and makes Grizzly and Alien

Big Foot: The Hairy Inklings are nothing but fur and feet.

Ergo, everything already DOES exist.

Wait, don't all three already exist in the Splatoon Universe?

Nessie: Given Horrorboros I wouldn't doubt there's a Salmonoid or something that looks like Nessie

Aliens: (Splatoon 3 Spoilers)

The Ark Polaris Project technically fulfills this part and makes Grizzly and Alien

Big Foot: The Hairy Inklings are nothing but fur and feet.

Ergo, everything already DOES exist.
Unless I'm remembering wrong, Grizzly is a mammal from Earth so it isn't alien and Ark Polaris is basically today's equivalent of an archeological site, so not alien either :p

asMUIA2.jpg

It had been a while :D

Any advice for quitting? I turn the game on every day only to get curbstomped, all the while feeling completely miserable, angry, and bored. But I'm addicted. I can't stop.

I really, really hate the catalogs.

Any advice for quitting? I turn the game on every day only to get curbstomped, all the while feeling completely miserable, angry, and bored. But I'm addicted. I can't stop.

Uninstall it?
Hide/sell/gift/throw away the cartridge?

After that, use another game or hobby to fight the urge to play it. Something that actually produces joy, maybe replay an old game you love?

Also, stop looking at tweets/media about the game.

Angle Shooter is underrated atm. Both in how strong it is and how fun it is. It does take some getting used to the throwing angle that's all.

Also, I feel like ttek should get a special points nerf, it's slightly too spammy atm even without special charge up

If quitting all at once doesn't work for you, try building down slowly. Like only allowing yourself to play on even days or in the weekend. From there on it's easier to build down further

Jesus christ, somehow I just got a -117 after a bad X series. What the hell is going on with this game
Given that the hurdle to get into X rank is not very high, there's a huge mix of players in there. When doing my 5 calibration levels I got matched with some less experienced players and ended up in 1700 X power, which is quite a bit below my average of last season.

It's funny steamrolling a bit and at the same time screwing over more experienced players, because my Xpower weighs down the team, but my capabilities don't. I gained 170 points from a series last week haha, so I think you might have been on the receiving end of such shenanigans.

The rank system is in a very dumb position rn

Given that the hurdle to get into X rank is not very high, there's a huge mix of players in there. When doing my 5 calibration levels I got matched with some less experienced players and ended up in 1700 X power, which is quite a bit below my average of last season.

It's funny steamrolling a bit and at the same time screwing over more experienced players, because my Xpower weighs down the team, but my capabilities don't. I gained 170 points from a series last week haha, so I think you might have been on the receiving end of such shenanigans.

The rank system is in a very dumb position rn

Because of the way the rank system works, you actually should have a lower score at the early stages than at the end. It's a feature not a bug of the way the scores are assigned and the number of people in the pool growing slowly but steadily increasing as the season progresses.

Because of the way the rank system works, you actually should have a lower score at the early stages than at the end. It's a feature not a bug of the way the scores are assigned and the number of people in the pool growing slowly but steadily increasing as the season progresses.
Yeah... Growing people in Xrank has been a steadily increasing problem. In most matches I've played lately there have been people who simply didn't belong there. 0/6 3/8 k/d ratios etc. It is not fun for either side.

Somehow Splatoon 1 rank system is still the best of the trilogy where it was nigh impossible to get into S/S+ and if you did, you were for sure going to have a fight with 8 people who knew their shit.

All I want to do is enjoy a few matches in this game but the developers make it absolutely impossible. I really hope whoever designed the "matchmaking" in this game finally gets fired and never works in this industry again. Maybe they should move to the weapons industry since they obviously hate humanity so much.

I have been extremely lucky during Salmon Run when it comes to gold scales lately (that's it, when we actually manage to defeat the boss :p).

1 second left 😅

Three back-to-back-to-back high tide waves on Spawning Ground, two of which start off with Flyfish at the far end, are not 171%! Your hazard system is a lie, sir!

Three back-to-back-to-back high tide waves on Spawning Ground, two of which start off with Flyfish at the far end, are not 171%! Your hazard system is a lie, sir!
It doesn't help that the frame rate in this stage can get truly atrocious more often than not. After that, Marooner's Bay would be next. Funny how the old stages can't handle the chaos :p

For so long I overlooked it because the sfx and vfx made the weapon feel weak...

The Bamboo propaganda finally got to me. It's so much better and more fun than the pencil 😭 This weapon's design with amazing movement, full range on tap shots and near instantaneous partial charges to 2 shot faster, everything about it is just so cool

For so long I overlooked it because the sfx and vfx made the weapon feel weak...

The Bamboo propaganda finally got to me. It's so much better and more fun than the pencil 😭 This weapon's design with amazing movement, full range on tap shots and near instantaneous partial charges to 2 shot faster, everything about it is just so cool
Never tried it in Splatoon 2? Bamboozler + MPU = ☠️

Speaking of giving new weapons a chance, I decided to try the custom squelcher and... it's not bad?

FrwXN2laUAAh4yF

Now, perhaps some of it can be explained by players not knowing how to react to a weapon almost no one uses, but toxic mist can work surprisingly well at trapping enemies in your preferred range, and ink storm is obviously always a good battlefield control special.

One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred.

It's so frustrating that the game launched +6 months ago and this is still a common thing before the match, at the start of the match, in the middle of the match. It doesn't matter.
I don't care for not substantial balance patches, I don't care for shooters getting another kit that wasn't needed. Just fix your damn network code, Nintendo!
I love the game, I truly do, but it's becoming so unpleasant and exasperating to be able to actually play or get a nice flow and a few good matches without issues.

I won't even go into details about how laggy it is/feels. I just want them to prioritize and fix the game's biggest disruptor :(

One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred. One or more players disconnected. A communication error occurred.

It's so frustrating that the game launched +6 months ago and this is still a common thing before the match, at the start of the match, in the middle of the match. It doesn't matter.
I don't care for not substantial balance patches, I don't care for shooters getting another kit that wasn't needed. Just fix your damn network code, Nintendo!
I love the game, I truly do, but it's becoming so unpleasant and exasperating to be able to actually play or get a nice flow and a few good matches without issues.

I won't even go into details about how laggy it is/feels. I just want them to prioritize and fix the game's biggest disruptor :(
I don't even mind the netcode, it mostly works for me, but the UX design when it doesn't work is so godawful. Why, when someone else DCs during matchmaking, do I have to click away a popup, sit through a loading screen, reconnect to the servers and then rejoin matchmaking? That should all be instant in one button press or even automatic.

Why does Anarchy Open still not have a "change gear and continue" button? Why can I back out with friends in Salmon Run but not Turf or Anarchy Open? Why is the pools system so goddamn clunky to use? Why do my stats (like money, ticket charges, exp level etc) disappear when I start matchmaking? There's so many little things that don't make sense that should've been fixed less than a month into the game, yet they refuse to.

Why does Anarchy Open still not have a "change gear and continue" button?

Well, I know why this one is the case at least, and it's for a gameplay reason; the matchmaking when creating open, including forming your own team takes weapons in to account and that doesn't work if you can change weapons after the fact.

Well, I know why this one is the case at least, and it's for a gameplay reason; the matchmaking when creating open, including forming your own team takes weapons in to account and that doesn't work if you can change weapons after the fact.
It VERY loosely accounts for weapons, to the point where you regularly get heavily unbalanced comps with 2-3 backlines, and it'd be a boon rather than a bane to have the option to change weapons imo

Wait? You don't like waiting nearly 2 minutes in queue, then getting a notification that a player disconnected, then getting thrown out of queue to start over, and THEN getting a communication error after a minute in queue?

Hey, would anyone object to me making a Famiboards club based around a Splatoon 3 pool?

I basically just want to play turf war with a familiar group of non-pros.

Is anyone else interested in that?

EDIT - Ah wait, there are more pages of clubs and at least two Splatoon clubs already, nvm

After losing 9 straight games with tri-stringer I finally win in a game where another tri-stringer appears smurfing as "Player" and we combine to go 17-0 on splats.

Anyway that weapon blows, not worth earning a ticket. Don't know how people stand playing it.

The new song "BRANDNEW HOMETOWN" will play in the 2nd half of the Splatfest, just like how Anarchy Rainbow only plays in the 2nd half. Callie and Marie are back baby!

Hey, would anyone object to me making a Famiboards club based around a Splatoon 3 pool?

I basically just want to play turf war with a familiar group of non-pros.

Is anyone else interested in that?

EDIT - Ah wait, there are more pages of clubs and at least two Splatoon clubs already, nvm
Just joined too. I keep forgetting to check the fami pool.

I don't even mind the netcode, it mostly works for me, but the UX design when it doesn't work is so godawful. Why, when someone else DCs during matchmaking, do I have to click away a popup, sit through a loading screen, reconnect to the servers and then rejoin matchmaking? That should all be instant in one button press or even automatic.

Why does Anarchy Open still not have a "change gear and continue" button? Why can I back out with friends in Salmon Run but not Turf or Anarchy Open? Why is the pools system so goddamn clunky to use? Why do my stats (like money, ticket charges, exp level etc) disappear when I start matchmaking? There's so many little things that don't make sense that should've been fixed less than a month into the game, yet they refuse to.
Completely agree about this aspect of the game too.

Wait? You don't like waiting nearly 2 minutes in queue, then getting a notification that a player disconnected, then getting thrown out of queue to start over, and THEN getting a communication error after a minute in queue?
Best online experience™

This has happened to me a few times. I think the buff Trizooka got was a bit too much.

Back
Top Bottom