• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I finally bought the game + a basic online membership and it cured my burnout on nintendo games

Also this game looks so much more beautiful than splatoon 2

Unlocked the best outfit from the catalog (y)
Splat_Brella.jpg

Maybe if I tweet a picture of that shirt one of those t-shirt bots will respond to me with a website I can buy it on. 😅

I think Big Run has made people forget how to play regular Salmon Run.

I'm on a 7 game losing streak and back into Profresh +3 after being in high VP territory.

EDIT: aaaaand down to Profresh +2.

Last edited:
I am begging you, if you are in S Rank, PLEASE PLAY THE GAME! Last ten matches I got stuck with a guy convinced he was in Turf War and not Tower control. Every game in the last ten he would be in the enemy base inking...while the tower was on our side! He refused to be wherever the tower was. And we lost and we lost and we lost...and the worst part? He blamed ME for losing, saying it was my job to cover for HIM!

Edit: I give up. I cannot play a game where people will come into my discord to let me know to commit suicide because I am not able to play a 1v4 because the others "wanted to do a funny thing".

Because my discord is the same as everything else I use.

And make that 12. 12 fucking people telling me I'm ruining their fun because I'm not joining in the griefing.,

Every post about your rank experience is peering into a parallel world of horror I cannoth fathom exists from my pleasant life of feeling grumpy about weapon matchmaking at the worst. Before today I would not have thought even 12 people exist on the whole planet who play Splatoon and stalk others on Discord to be toxic assholes out of game after already being toxic assholes to them in-game.

Every post about your rank experience is peering into a parallel world of horror I cannoth fathom exists from my pleasant life of feeling grumpy about weapon matchmaking at the worst. Before today I would not have thought even 12 people exist on the whole planet who play Splatoon and stalk others on Discord to be toxic assholes out of game after already being toxic assholes to them in-game.
To be fair, until today I wouldn't think it is possible either. I'm just...I'm just sick of this. I think I'm out playing for a while. I might join back in a month since that will be enough time for me to get the catalogue but I can't continue to deal with people llike that

Because my discord is the same as everything else I use.

And make that 12. 12 fucking people telling me I'm ruining their fun because I'm not joining in the griefing.,

Honestly think you might be have some sort of stalking problem because I have never witnessed the kind of griefing you regularly describe and this Discord stuff is beyond the pale

Is anyone else getting matched almost exclusively with Japanese players right now? Or is no one playing this game in Europe today for some reason, the lag is awful

I just got two Glowfly waves in the same Salmon Run session. I didn't even know that was possible, and we used up all our specials in the first wave.

You can probably tell how that second one went.

Also, Goldie waves are borderline impossible in this rotation unless it's high tide. Every weapon is just too slow sans the Inkbrush.

Went from VP to Pro +2 cause people just spent most of the time in the shore instead of luring bosses. Also, I was the only one putting eggs in the basket.

Is anyone else getting matched almost exclusively with Japanese players right now? Or is no one playing this game in Europe today for some reason, the lag is awful
I am in America, but that happened to me for like half hour after 3 or 4 communication errors [in a row] in the lobby.

Last edited:
Question to the Inkling elite in this thread: How do you hold the controller when doing the inputs for sub strafing?

During Big Run I experimented with keeping the index finger on R and the middle finger on ZR the whole time, instead of switching between both buttons with the index finger. That aligned better with how my brain works, but not with how my arm does as the latter started hurting by the end of the weekend.

Horroboros is so much more difficult on a map like Marooner's Bay where the circle is bigger.
Question to the Inkling elite in this thread: How do you hold the controller when doing the inputs for sub strafing?

During Big Run I experimented with keeping the index finger on R and the middle finger on ZR the whole time, instead of switching between both buttons with the index finger. That aligned better with how my brain works, but not with how my arm does as the latter started hurting by the end of the weekend.
I think it's unavoidable. I don't use it because of the additional fatigue.

Index finger for both, but I don't use it a lot cause 1) I forget* and 2) mostly use squid dashing to escape quickly.

* except in Salmon Run to get all the eggs into the basket.

Edit: just tried it using both fingers and nope, I can't coordinate and start pressing everything and moving awkwardly :p

Last edited:
I hate this f**king game
Transfering over my Splatoon 2 Save Data was a mistake because I get tossed in with those addicts whose life depends on winning the game.
Can't enjoy the game like this.I casually wanna play online.
There is no way to delete my data.

awesome

Just switching the index finger, the buttons are close enough to each other that I don't see the need to use two fingers

I hate this f**king game
Transfering over my Splatoon 2 Save Data was a mistake because I get tossed in with those addicts whose life depends on winning the game.
Can't enjoy the game like this.I casually wanna play online.
There is no way to delete my data.

awesome

I mean, you only get moved up a single rank, and allowed to play ranked modes earlier than you other would, it doesn't make that much difference...

I swear to god I get screwed harder on King Salmonid spawns than anyone on earth. I get the dynamo and the game decides all the bosses should be fish sticks, what can I even do at that point besides accepting another failed run.

Yeah okay, if this game tries to give me dynamo vs Horroboros one more time I'm just gonna quit in the 3rd wave on purpose before it can screw me over. So tired of this

I am begging you, if you are in S Rank, PLEASE PLAY THE GAME! Last ten matches I got stuck with a guy convinced he was in Turf War and not Tower control. Every game in the last ten he would be in the enemy base inking...while the tower was on our side! He refused to be wherever the tower was. And we lost and we lost and we lost...and the worst part? He blamed ME for losing, saying it was my job to cover for HIM!

Edit: I give up. I cannot play a game where people will come into my discord to let me know to commit suicide because I am not able to play a 1v4 because the others "wanted to do a funny thing".
Tbh this is easily avoidable. Just hop out of matchmaking for a minute or 2 after a match. The dude you were playing with will most likely continue and be put in a match. So after a couple minutes you can safely join a match again with little chance of seeing them again.

That's what I do when I've been matched with someone annoying for 2 or more matches in a row

Kraken is completely broken, Um'ami Ruins is one of the worst stages in the game despite looking promising the first time we saw it, Manta Maria has been downgraded in TC/RM, they somehow made Eeltail CB/TC/SZ worse, the proportion of shooters keeps increasing with still barely any alternative options for the more unique weapons...

Can't believe they actually managed to make Anarchy less fun to play with this update. Thankfully Salmon Run keeps getting Ws

12 stars away from the gold Rockenberg badge, and I can cut it down to 7 by using all my snails.

I'm definitely saving all my sea snails for the huge glut of gear that can't be upgraded any other way. I'll get everything else I like the look of to 5* eventually via the stores, but since it's not clear how many snail shells we are actually gonna get, doing otherwise seems a bit unoptimal to me.

Maybe Splatoon did peak with 2 despite that one having issues making it both better and worse than 1

Map design philosophy in 3 is pretty bad. Can't imagine it getting better sadly.

2 had way too many issues for me to look back at it as peak of anything despite 3's homogeneity in loadouts. Going back to actually play it isn't an experience I miss.

Maybe Splatoon did peak with 2 despite that one having issues making it both better and worse than 1

Map design philosophy in 3 is pretty bad. Can't imagine it getting better sadly.
Eh, 2 had all the same issues as well. Albacore and Goby (and original Shellendorf) are way worse than most of 3's new maps. While the meta was never quite as singleminded as 3's has been, for the most part it was similarly limited and generally I think people prefer the types of specials that are dominant in 3 over those that were dominant in 2. And that's without all the pain of actually going back and realizing how much better looking and feeling 3 is.

Eh, 2 had all the same issues as well. Albacore and Goby (and original Shellendorf) are way worse than most of 3's new maps. While the meta was never quite as singleminded as 3's has been, for the most part it was similarly limited and generally I think people prefer the types of specials that are dominant in 3 over those that were dominant in 2. And that's without all the pain of actually going back and realizing how much better looking and feeling 3 is.
I dunno about the maps. I played a couple matches of 2 a couple months ago and even a map as basic as snapper canal felt quite different from 3. It's wild how much 3 limits your options.

I'll probably change my mind again later

But right now 2 is in a better place than 3 currently when it comes to PvP. 3 has a better base campaign and salmon run I enjoy here more than in 2 despite the difficulty being cranked up much to the dismay of the hardcore salmon run players.

Last edited:
I sure as hell don't miss the 5 minute wait times to get into a single Turf War match while staring at a loading screen you can't exit out of in Splatoon 2

2 is not in a better place unless you only play with full matches on Discord; solo queue is mostly deader than Splatoon was before it went down.

Splatoon 2 was always giving me that "server communication error has occured" thing in lobby, but now with Splatoon 3 I don't get this at all. And when I does it's not that "system bug" but it just shows in game in Splatoon. Maybe it's because they are now using the new server structure NPLN.

Kinda hard to go back to S2 since S3's QoL additions.

But I remember the pvp being more fun to play despite it's flaws.
Salmon Run had an absolute upgrade tho.

edit: don't know if this was an issue in 2 but the "one player disconnected" error message when looking for another player is just stupid, why do you need to show that? just look for another player???

My main gripe about Splatoon 3 over Splatoon 2 is how hestitant the devs are with balancing. In Splatoon 2 we'd get a patch less than a month after a broken thing became meta and they'd be like "Yeah we'll give this some pretty big nerfs and if necessary we'll make it a little better again later on if necessary"

As opposed to Splatoon 3's "We're going to give you 10 counterplay options that don't actually work well as counterplay options. Also only shooters get buffs. Also also we'll take 3 months to make this happen"

Furthermore I'm also not a big fan of the pace of content here. Maybe knowing exactly when it's coming makes the wait feel longer than it is, but it felt like we'd get major content in Splatoon 2 more often.

My main gripe about Splatoon 3 over Splatoon 2 is how hestitant the devs are with balancing. In Splatoon 2 we'd get a patch less than a month after a broken thing became meta and they'd be like "Yeah we'll give this some pretty big nerfs and if necessary we'll make it a little better again later on if necessary"

As opposed to Splatoon 3's "We're going to give you 10 counterplay options that don't actually work well as counterplay options. Also only shooters get buffs. Also also we'll take 3 months to make this happen"

Furthermore I'm also not a big fan of the pace of content here. Maybe knowing exactly when it's coming makes the wait feel longer than it is, but it felt like we'd get major content in Splatoon 2 more often.

Absolutely. They are doing a poor job with the three months season rollout of content and balance patches.

I swear I normally don't squidbag people but these chargers were kicking my ass for several matches in a row and my "revenge" was so ridiculous and silly, I couldn't help myself

Absolutely. They are doing a poor job with the three months season rollout of content and balance patches.

It could probably be barely acceptable if it was at least faster than 2, but given it's slower and there's way less, makes it worse.

They're wasting a bunch of development time on garbage like the catalogues and making new victory poses and it's come at the expense of the number of new weapons and stages, which is unacceptably bad.

No shifty stations with unique gimmicks, less splatfests in general, less stages, less weapons than at the same time in Splat2, and now they don't even give us Squid beatz 3 for the music. 2 was definitely a better game to play as content was rolling out, always having something new coming around.

Back
Top Bottom