• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Side Order out now!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After playing a bit more, I think Glowflies are the key to getting a high score. Wall clinging is actually a good strategy on this map, and there's multiple viable spots so you can just hang out on one while teammates deliver the eggs left underneath the last. Mothership and Grillers are good waves to land on top of that.
Just experienced a Grillers/Glowflies back to back combo. When you get teammates who know how to cheese, those rounds become easy mode.

I'm having some bad luck with Big Run tonight. Played for a couple of hours, only won once. In some of the matches I was the only one who killed any boss salmonids. Thankfullly the majority of the wipes came during the third wave so I didn't drop rank too badly. Also the one victory I got did include us killing Horrorboros, so at least there's that.

Oof I really love Salmon Run but I feel absolutely unable to get better at it despite how much I play. I shouldn't complain too much as I already got into Eggsecutive VP but I still feel powerless. Maybe I'm just too old for shooting games 💀.
Sorry for the rambling, my intention isn't to downplay myself either. How are you guys doing about your scores? I kind of want to reach 100 but I'm at 97.

IMG_0917.png

The current state of S Rank. Have someone with the brilliant idea to keep a Squid Beakon in fucking spawn, the sole place where you do not need a squid beakon. The dude repeatedly placed them at the spawn and constantly super jumped to them as well. Unsurprisingly, with one member absolutely dedicated to trolling the entire fucking match, we lost. Badly. Why is it that I have a better time in B rank than in S rank where apparently people playing competently is just a random dice roll?

Edit: This is what happens when I play direct shooters, my player team competency drops incredibly fast. Meawhile if I play the weapons I like (support ones) I get teamed with four support weapons who cannot hit the enemy team.

Like...I am no longer winning any match and it's only my own fault 1/5th of the time now. I cannot play this much longer if the game is that determined to make sure I see unfair matchups, or have people dedicated to trolling the team forcing me to 3v4 or 2v4 or heaven help me a 1v4.

I feel like getting a high rank in Eggsecutive VP might be a mistake on this map. I'm not getting close to my earlier high score of 143 now. Like yeah the eggs are there but it's impossible to deliver them with the boss spam and slowdown.

I can't play ATM because I burnt my hand making lunch like an idiot 😭 I hope it feels better before the event ends
Aww that sucks, hope it feels better soon!

I've been having fun with the Big Run. Not really aiming for high scores, but just playing on the map alone is nice enough. That said, with some luck I managed to get a monster score of 158 this morning! Twas electrifying how everyone on the team got more and more hyped between each round. We also got a Horrorboros show-off after that, but we failed it miserably haha. Don't think I'll get much higher than this, but I'm definitely satisfied. Maybe I'll play a couple more matches for fun.

After reaching 450 VP this afternoon (still at 125 eggs :( ) and taking a break, I resume my session and have lost so many times I am now below 300.

One of the myriad problems with the scoring system of big run and it being ranked by number relative to everyone else is that there's probably an ideal hazard level to aim for in terms of how difficult to get eggs are Vs how many actually spawn, and I suspect it's about 100-150 Eggsecutive, outside of the people who really are absurdly good at the game.

Both big runs so far, I've had good luck early on and then it falls apart as I get the rank further.

One of the myriad problems with the scoring system of big run and it being ranked by number relative to everyone else is that there's probably an ideal hazard level to aim for in terms of how difficult to get eggs are Vs how many actually spawn, and I suspect it's about 100-150 Eggsecutive, outside of the people who really are absurdly good at the game.

Both big runs so far, I've had good luck early on and then it falls apart as I get the rank further.
This is exactly what happened to me. Gonna keep going until I can finally see a Max Hazard in this game and then reset to ProFresh +3 and try get a better egg score. The game just spawns too many bosses at high VP to farm eggs.

Had one wave where we got +50 eggs and one where we got +40, With enough elbow grease on the last wave I think we could've made it to 140, but no such luck as we collapsed in the last wave.

Low tide is unbelievably scary on this map. You can get so many eggs but your run can also crumble in an instant.

Okay, maybe high VP can be good (got really lucky with low tide Mothership on wave 2 and high tide on wave 3 with good weapons and most specials left)

I kind of despise rollers in Salmon Run, and not just because my instincts go against the fact that my main role with them is doing minor enemy cleanup more than anything, but that unless I'm the slow-ass Dynamo those Cohocks always stop me dead in my tracks.

Also I'm still convinced that Nozzlenose is some type of psy-op. Genuinely my most hated weapon in this series.

I love getting rollers. I love that there's always something useful you be doing with them at any given time. Even if against the Bigsmallfry you sometimes have to dodge out and be contend with softening them up for teammates.

This Big Run has added the Mini Splatling to my confirmed hated weapon list. The charge is just a little too brief and the range just a little too short to get the job done.

Got 116 golden eggs like one of the first waves when big run started, should’ve stopped there because I haven’t got close on any other game.

I still think Big Run really needs something for the whole playerbase to collectively work towards. Like a Power Egg goal with a live meter, and if the goal is reached all participants get an extra sticker or something.

Though it is quite fitting for Inkling society that a city defense mission gets turned into one big competition :p

Yeah, I believe you're right.
Still, I was finally able to team up with a friend and we reached 140 eggs at 450 VP, and since today I can't play and my hands actually hurt, that will be my high score.

But now I'm not sure I'm getting the Top 5% badge :(

Yeah, I believe you're right.
Still, I was finally able to team up with a friend and we reached 140 eggs at 450 VP, and since today I can't play and my hands actually hurt, that will be my high score.

But now I'm not sure I'm getting the Top 5% badge :(

I think you have a very solid chance! That tweet is probably top 20 of all scores, most likely set with a group of 4 people who know each other, not randoms. Last time I think the cut-off was 141 eggs. It's hard to judge, but I feel this one was slightly harder overall, but then again there might be a more dedicated userbase now that we're 3 months further into the game's lifecycle compared to last time.

Cannot for the life of me get a score higher than 96 and at this point I give up. The time investment is not worth the reward.

I'm so glad I managed to beat Horrorboros atleast once!!
It makes such a difference when you're playing with friends!
I think the highest I reached was 102, but like, that was an outlier because most of the time it was around 80-ish xD

I had Big Fun this Big Run :geek:(y)

Rollers in Salmon Run are all good except for the super slow ones.

A cool little detail about the BR version of Inkopolis: if you look in the distance on the stairs, you can see a bunch of things like the Ferris Wheel not working and distant SFX of Salmonids in the distance. Really adds to the ambience

Gahhh during my last game with friends we got 97 in our first two waves, we did insanely good with a Fog event we got on our second wave. We couldn't keep it together for the final wave though, only got enough to push us into 131 which is underneath my high score.

Despite playing all day it doesn't seem like I managed to replicate yesterday's success. Hope it still results in the top cut. I'm really gonna miss this Big Run, it was a ton of fun (except whenever I got Tenta Brella which seemed to be a lot today).

Was able to reach 121!! I'm quite happy with this score, even if I don't reach the top 20%.
It was such a fun Big Run to be honest, good luck everyone! :)

I think you have a very solid chance! That tweet is probably top 20 of all scores, most likely set with a group of 4 people who know each other, not randoms. Last time I think the cut-off was 141 eggs. It's hard to judge, but I feel this one was slightly harder overall, but then again there might be a more dedicated userbase now that we're 3 months further into the game's lifecycle compared to last time.
Here's hoping 🤞

Previous results for reference:

ifRBxcy.png

I ended up liking Inkblot as a Salmon Run map A LOT, especially at high tide.

I knew I shouldn't have trusted the numbers. 130 range was too optimistic for the top cut, it was quickly made apparent that Inkblot is extremely good for eggs if RNG works in your favor.

Would have barely hit the top 5% before my 152 run. The cutoff numbers are probably only going to get higher going forward.

Best I did was 130, which was better than the 106 from the first Big Run. So next time I'm coming for the gold badge!

The top score actually came from a fairly unassuming shift. Just two solid normal-ass waves with a 50+ fog round which itself also felt fairly uneventful as it was happening. Looking back, what set that crew apart from the rest I played with all weekend was optimal snatcher use. Had multiple more promising opportunities with two high tides and one night wave, but teammates and weapons and spawns and own performance never quite aligned.

Well, on the upside, normal SR feels incredibly easy now.

I lost my VP status towards the tail end of Big Run and now almost dropped down to Pro +2. People were still in suicidal mode. Gotta give it a rest until tomorrow when hopefully everyone remembers they don't have to go for max eggs anymore.

We've had three straight days of Boris so I'm not surprised the first post-Big Run rotation has Coho back in. Gonna be fun to remember what a more difficult boss monster is like, but I'm looking forward to seeing how Horrorboros plays on regular Salmon Run maps.

I lost my VP status towards the tail end of Big Run and now almost dropped down to Pro +2. People were still in suicidal mode. Gotta give it a rest until tomorrow when hopefully everyone remembers they don't have to go for max eggs anymore.
Yeah, once we hit the quota, I focus on maintaining everyone alive and taking down the bosses who I know are trouble. There's not point on collecting eggs.

Well, on the upside, normal SR feels incredibly easy now.

Yes. Next rotation is Horror's turn.
After spending a day in the 500+ VP ranks, I feel like I've achieved a sort of zen flow state in this shift. Just dodging every attack and killing bosses while tossing eggs and moving onto the next. Even glowflies feels easy now.

Didn’t expect to be good, but I didn’t even make it to the top 50% bronze ranking
Don’t know how people can get 120+

Still, I love salmon/big run, just disheartening because I think I do a decent job, but then the game tells me I suck LOL

Back
Top Bottom