• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Side Order out now!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Color me interested in a spiritual successor to the Dual Squelcher. Only drawback I see is an uninspired design and name. Not that it'll stop me from declaring a new main if range, fire rate, turfing power, ink efficency and time to kill hit the sweet spot.

I actually really like the look of the Nova

it looks like an exorbitantly overpriced and overengineered real water gun

English name is Splattershot Nova

Color me interested in a spiritual successor to the Dual Squelcher. Only drawback I see is an uninspired design and name. Not that it'll stop me from declaring a new main if range, fire rate, turfing power, ink efficency and time to kill hit the sweet spot.

JZd0sZt.png

Remember Dual Squelcher? It's back, in Splattershot form.

(very not busy at work this morning :p)

Ditto. I like playing all shooters with range of L-3 or higher + Heavy/Hydra. Unfortunately for me personally in S3 I have not been gelling with them either due to awful kits (i.e. Jet Squelcher, L3) or the weapons are lacking a bit in certain areas that isnt motivating me to play them consitently (i.e. Pro, .96gal). The new weapon along with the new Pro kit makes me cautiously optimistic that S3 will get more fun for me. I just need some solid patch notes and/or more fun kits they havnt revealed yet 🙏.

Ditto. I like playing all shooters with range of L-3 or higher + Heavy/Hydra. Unfortunately for me personally in S3 I have not been gelling with them either due to awful kits (i.e. Jet Squelcher, L3) or the weapons are lacking a bit in certain areas that isnt motivating me to play them consitently (i.e. Pro, .96gal). The new weapon along with the new Pro kit makes me cautiously optimistic that S3 will get more fun for me. I just need some solid patch notes and/or more fun kits they havnt revealed yet 🙏.

The Pro or the Jet I see myself crawling back to, begging on my knees, once they have better kits. The .96 I'm not sure what's wrong with it. Everytime I tried the weapon, something feels off. Is it the movement speed? Does it paint worse than it used to? Whatever the cause, I don't remember the good old Gal being this sluggish in Splatoon or Splatoon 2.

Just recently I dipped back into the Sloshing Machine to fill my midrange needs. It's got a little less range than I'd like, but thanks to Fizzy Bomb can still play keep away quite well. And the slower rate of fire forcing me to hurry less and instead think and reappraise between sloshes is honestly doing me a lot of favors because it curbs my bad tendency to tunnel vision in hard on one target.

Forge Pro with Suction Bomb + Booyah, and a new long-range Splash... If we also get Gold Dynamo with a Splat or Burst Bomb + Booyah or Inkstrike this is a 11/10 patch idec if the new map is terrible

Last edited:
The Pro or the Jet I see myself crawling back to, begging on my knees, once they have better kits. The .96 I'm not sure what's wrong with it. Everytime I tried the weapon, something feels off. Is it the movement speed? Does it paint worse than it used to? Whatever the cause, I don't remember the good old Gal being this sluggish in Splatoon or Splatoon 2.

Just recently I dipped back into the Sloshing Machine to fill my midrange needs. It's got a little less range than I'd like, but thanks to Fizzy Bomb can still play keep away quite well. And the slower rate of fire forcing me to hurry less and instead think and reappraise between sloshes is honestly doing me a lot of favors because it curbs my bad tendency to tunnel vision in hard on one target.

Its hard to say as there is alot of subtle thngs that changed from map layouts to beyter movement options. However, for me and my long range opinions I have noticed acommon denominator.

For Pro, even with the new kit I think the main weapon needs more damage. Not alot, just a little to make securing kills better due to the enemy already taking minor damage or the enemy taking longer to fully heal from damage. MPU increased Pro's damage.

For Heavy, I frequently notice that I am close to killing someone but they are able to run away due to me running out of charge and thus not dealing enough damage. With Heavy being the weapon I put the most time in in S2, I get thrown off at times when i dont get a kill that i feel i normally would in S2. MPU increased firing duration.

.96 gal is a bit more harder to pinpoint why its not working for me other than the sub and special are support which means you have to rely on your main weapon that doesnt have the greatest accuracy for your offense. That being said, I used MPU in Splatoon 2. On .96 deco in S2 with MPU, Object Shredder, Wall and even Splashdown I played a keep away from me playstyle that was okish niche for breaking brellas, booyah, baller, armor, and RM. Thats not a thing for me in S3 and again no MPU.

I dont know if no MPU without buffing the weapons is the problem and just a me probelm but it is something i noticed.

I love Sloshing Machine but evertime i play the other weapons they just feel perfect until thier flaws show up too many times. But Sloshing has been my goto so far.

I wish Salmon Run gave you more catalog points

Sitting at lvl 95, I just want to get this thing wrapped up. I gotta grind ranked for it, but I don't really want to. I wanna play Salmon Run, but that only gives you peanuts

I wish Salmon Run gave you more catalog points

Sitting at lvl 95, I just want to get this thing wrapped up. I gotta grind ranked for it, but I don't really want to. I wanna play Salmon Run, but that only gives you peanuts

Don't bother grinding? You get 7500 free for your first win a day on either turf/ranked or salmon run, which is basically a free level. You've got plenty of time to finish the catalogue.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

I got it to work a day or two ago. Which part do you think is down? The bit you have to do through a discord to generate a .json file?

Edit: checking, I got the lanista bot to work on the sendou.ink discord yesterday fine, I don't want to ping it again needlessly to check if it's up right now though.

as far as I know, you need to use discord

it also might put your account at risk
This tool was developed by a well trusted player who has been active in and done loads of good for the community since Splatoon 1, your account isn't at any (significant) risk

This tool was developed by a well trusted player who has been active in and done loads of good for the community since Splatoon 1, your account isn't at any (significant) risk
any tool that uses this sort of access presents some risk, but I agree that it's unlikely (especially since it's not really cheating)

Sure, I could see myself trying out a new weapon, as I didn't expect the grind for gold weapon badges to be as long as this one is taking me.

I did main the Dual Squelcher in OG Splatoon so something similar returning would be amazing.

I do want to see if we get a Jet Squelcher or Explosher with new kits first, though.

I did main the Dual Squelcher in OG Splatoon so something similar returning would be amazing.

I do want to see if we get a Jet Squelcher or Explosher with new kits first, though.

Explosher is already perfect and there's no improving on my sweet baby

(plz don't distract me by making another good one when I'm so close to 5-starring just the first)

the youtube algorithm seems to think I'm super into tiny channels covering splatoon music and it's not wrong

Last edited:
It feels to me that the problem they have is that stages have to be symmetric and small enough to reach the centre in short order, while also being recoverable with a lucky push. It also feels like they're a little scared to have more complex stages (see: how mahi mahi, Hammer head bridge and Museum d'Alfonsino have reduced complexity vs the splatoon 1 incarnations), all of which combine to create somewhat similar stages.

It doesn't help that we're also missing some of the more unique maps from earlier titles that made it to 2 and so hopefully wouldn't be changed much, like Kelp dome or Skatepark, which were presumably prioritised in 2 because they were great picks, while we get some of the lower priority ones from 1 in 3, since we don't actually have any stages appear in all 3 games yet, I think. I get why they're avoiding the stages from 2 early on because the ones we got were basically unchanged though.

But that similarity of maps also makes me wish they'd just put more of them in 3 to pad things out quickly tbh, they've got to compete with the memory of splat2 on the same platform for me, and that game having had a far wider selection of maps makes splatoon 3 feel much more stale at the moment.
In what way is the complexity of Museum reduced? The only changes I can think of off the top of my head is that the tower path doesn't go over a water drop-off, and a climbable block below the left side of the enemy platform was removed in some modes only.

Edit: Had to look up a map to remember that the spawn areas also used to have spinners. I honestly don't remember those ever being important in gameplay in Splatoon 1. Seems like a good thing to get rid of.

Last edited:
You can't check/get your gacha seed without Discord?

You can't at the moment because you need to hand some information to a bot and that's the most practical way to do so. it also requires the NSO app and splatnet because the shell out seed is based on a 128 bit seed and it's kinda absurdly impressive to me (as a person with very little comp sci. knowledge) that they even managed to work out how to crack that, but it requires a lot of input data to get your seed.

In what way is the complexity of Museum reduced? The only changes I can think of off the top of my head is that the tower path doesn't go over a water drop-off, and a climbable block below the left side of the enemy platform was removed in some modes only.

Edit: Had to look up a map to remember that the spawn areas also used to have spinners. I honestly don't remember those ever being important in gameplay in Splatoon 1. Seems like a good thing to get rid of.

The spawn point also changed in 1 depending on the mode to be on top of those removed spinners for some modes. The central rotating platform is also lower now. You can argue in principle that it's better, but those were the things that were unique about the stage and they've just been replaced with empty areas.

Last edited:

There was also a side route that was removed, where there's now just flat space. It's hard to describe, but when you take in mind the middle square of the map, instead of it being this large and flat, there was a lifted alleyway along the sides of each side.

Don't know why they removed it tbh. Snipers could use it as a nice platform and others could enter the top of the enemy side using a tricky jump.

They also made the lower side areas you drop onto when going to the right from spawn disappear in some modes by making em flat.

And if you can, you should look up the old rainmaker routes they were pretty crazy

All in all the map's still one of the best of Splatoon 3 if you ask me, but it's not as great as it once was

Come to think of it, do you think they flattened so many stages to have more room for people to squid roll?

Perhaps, but at the same time it means there's less use for squid surges so I'm not sure it's been done deliberately for the existence of that new mechanic. And in terms of the museum specifically I don't know either since the bits overly simplified are at the bases where you probably aren't squid rolling much anyway.

This is a "wide roller".
It is a new roller that has both a wide tip and a lightweight body.
As you can see, the horizontal coating is wide and can be swung quickly.
In addition, the ability to roll and paint is very high, and you can paint a wide area with less ink consumption.
Dye one side with your own ink and be happy.

My thoughts: if painting is this thing's only strength, I think it will be a pretty... bad weapon. Flingza already does that, except at a safer distance and it functions as a fighting weapon too. Any shooter would probably outclass this roller.

EDIT: English name is Big Swig Roller

Last edited:
My thoughts: if painting is this thing's only strength, I think it will be a pretty... bad weapon. Flingza already does that, except at a safer distance and it functions as a fighting weapon too. Any shooter would probably outclass this roller.

Any attempt to introduce a Roller with a playstyle focused on rolling is a worthy one in my book. Even if this one fails, eventually they'll get one right.

If any if the new weapons end up being busts out the gate, I hope they dont stay like that for months to a year like Flingza and Gootuber were in S2. I hope they get the dualie weapon treatment.

Edit: Looking at Big Swig, if the ink consumption is great a good sub would be much appreciated for some LDE BS.

Last edited:
I want to make clear that I know I got lucky, was in a noob lobby, made a lot of sloppy plays, etc but holy shit did this one feel good

R32G-CT5T-2LPC-52R7

edit: I also submit this as exhibit A for why mahi needs dramatically changed

Last edited:
I feel like the weapon mix for Salmon Run has gone from being one of the best balanced I've played with (Luna Blaster etc) to one of the worst (the current stuff). Also noticing more connection issues again - for other players as well as me.

Quoted by: LiC
When you get a hard fought victory in ranked, you're feeling pretty good, and then you realize that your amazing last minute push only happened because someone on the other team disconnected
d79.gif

I'll still gladly take the W tho

I tried googling but it was inconclusive...

After you scan it does amiibo gear randomly show up in the stores? Or do you have no choice but to upgrade it via snail shells? Because I'm wondering if I should make them the priority for using them on.

I hope they fix this in the future, it is needlessly painful that you can miss out on snails (and splatfest shell gacha pulls) because you didn't log in at the right time. The game tracks your splatfest history anyway so it's not like they don't keep that data.
I tried googling but it was inconclusive...

After you scan it does amiibo gear randomly show up in the stores? Or do you have no choice but to upgrade it via snail shells? Because I'm wondering if I should make them the priority for using them on.
You can only upgrade them with snails.

My first couple of games with the Range Blaster were magical. I was hitting directs left and right, every snap a kill, I thought I had found my best weapon or at least Nirvana. Then, in every attempt afterwards, I reverted to form and never reached close to those heights again. Now I know what Al Bundy must feel like, forever talking about those four touchdowns in one game.

Come on Nintendo... give us more online multiplayer tracks for the ost. And I mean turf wars and ranked, not omega3 remixes of already existing songs
:(

Finally, I've hit Catalog 100

My octo boy can dab. At long last.
My first couple of games with the Range Blaster were magical. I was hitting directs left and right, every snap a kill, I thought I had found my best weapon or at least Nirvana. Then, in every attempt afterwards, I reverted to form and never reached close to those heights again. Now I know what Al Bundy must feel like, forever talking about those four touchdowns in one game.
This is 100% me

I've managed to recapture that joy by moving to Sloshing Machine and have been very happy because wow, this thing is stupid

10/10 reference 😂

I feel like the weapon mix for Salmon Run has gone from being one of the best balanced I've played with (Luna Blaster etc) to one of the worst (the current stuff). Also noticing more connection issues again - for other players as well as me.
This was easily the worst rotation there's been in Splatoon 3. Dapples are normally top tier, and Dynamo can be when properly supported,, but Bamboo and Ballpoint are not good under the best of circumstances, and the combination of all four is just horrific. Besides Dapples, they're also some of the least freelancer-friendly weapons too.

Back
Top Bottom