• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Special Power Up Effects
  • @Magnet_Man, I hope you don't mind, I'm copying and pasting your RE post here explaining Special Power Up.
    It would be cool to have a repository of this type of info/data here, so maybe @Lucyfer could threadmark it. I love me some datamining and demonstration videos explaining stuff 😋

Magnet_Man said:
    Breakdown of Special Power Up's effect on the Special Weapons. 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 refer to how many Mains of the ability you equip

Killer Wail
    -Extends duration of lasers

Tri-zooka
    -Extends blast radius
    -Extends duration

Splat Vac
    -Extends radius of vacuum range

Zipcaster
    -Extends duration (which doesn't matter since it'll end when you run out of ink trying to attack anyway)

Big Bubbler
    -Increases durability of barrier (most likely not for the satellite above or the Beakon)
    -Extends duration
    *No improvement to Super Jump speed to the Beakon

Crab Tank
    -Extends duration
    *No change to armor health

Reefslider
    -Extends blast radius

Ultra Stamp
    -Extends duration

Booyah Bomb
    -Reduces time to fully charge
    *No change to armor health

Tenta Missiles
    -Extends radius of target reticule
    -Increases paint spread of missiles

Ink Jet
    -Extends blast radius
    -Extends duration

Tacticooler
    -Extends duration of stat boost
    *No change to amount of time drink stand remains on the field
    *No further increase to stat boost

Wave Breaker
    -Extends range of waves
    *No change to durability of breaker stand or point sensor effect

Ink Storm
    -Extends duration of cloud

Triple Inkstrike
    -Extends throw range of the missile marker
    *No change to duration or ink spread

Video ends with a breakdown of how much the value changes based on the amount of gear power you use, but shows more video examples of the differences. The main thing to take away is that for a lot of the specials, one or two subs doesn't make any notable change. It's more important to go with mains of it or three subs.

The winners are easily Bubbler and Tacticooler, with Wave Breaker in third

Currencies
  • So I swear I played the other games. I swear! But this game has so many different types of currency and progression and I don't know what half of them do.

Anyone got a nice, brief explainer here? I'm specifically referring to things like Clout! What the heck is that?!

Universal currencies

Gold (money) can be used to buy headgear, shirts, shoes, and locker items from Hotlantis, the general store. You can also spend 5,000 gold at the Shell-out machine (the gumball gacha machine in the Lobby) once per day for a random reward. Any subsequent uses of the Shell-out machine that day cost 30,000 gold. Days reset at 8PM EST.

Experience points are won from any type of non-Salmon Run or Tableturf battle and are used to level up your character, which unlocks lower weapon costs as well as earning you Conch shells (only during Splatfest).

Catalog points are for earning rewards from this season's catalog, which go up to level 100 and will be reset in three months for next season's Catalog.

Tableturf points are like Catalog points but for the Tableturf reward system. As of now the level cap is 50. Currently I'm TableTurf 33. Thanks to that, I have a unique end-battle pose that I haven't seen used by a single other person in the game this far.

Splatfest-only currencies

Clout is points for your Splatfest team. Clout is one third of the winning criteria used for judging the winning Splatfest team.

Conch shells are a Splatfest-only currency you get by leveling up your character with EXP, or by leveling up your Catalog with Catalog points. Conch shells give you one free use of the Shell-out machine. They are also used as one third of the winning criteria used for judging the winning Splatfest team (the final third is popularity).

Sea snails, not to be confused with Conch shells, are also a Splatfest-only currency that you earn for participating in Splatfest after Splatfest is over. Sea snails are a very valuable currency to be given to Murch in order to add Power levels (ability slots) to your gear, and to reroll existing abilities on your gear.

And finally, Festival shells, not to be confused with Sea snails or Conch shells, are another Splatfest-only currency that increase the odds of your team entering a 100x or 333x Splatfest battle, in which your team's resulting clout is multiplied by the respective amount. You earn Festival shells by winning 10x Splatfest battles, which occur rarely and randomly.

Back
    Top Bottom