• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Spanish insider wasn't teasing Red Dead Redemption 2, he was actually teasing...

Nier Automata tomorrow?

• Yes #Believe

Votes: 45 76.3%
  • It's never gonna happen, Tiffany

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s like I recall Capcom at some point tried porting RE7 I think, but did eventually give up on it.
The details or assets were not a problem. Switch is capable enough to put RE7 on the screen. The problem was that the RE7 engine was just not capable of switching resolutions fast enough between TV and handheld mode, the game would practically need to reload all assets with every "switch". They would have to rewrite the whole RE7 engine for the Switch version and that would have been very costly and time consuming for a port.

People complaining about "old" games while the Switch fanbase has been clamoring loudly for Persona 5, a game older than both RDR2 and Automata.

Sure.

Please don't be cloud please don't be cloud please don't be cloud I will sell you my firstborn, my left testicle, and my eternal soul if it's not cloud...

Last edited:
Please give Automata a spin.

It's a journey unlike any other, with a story so harrowing, engaging and emotional that I'm at a loss for words. Love this game so much.

The details or assets were not a problem. Switch is capable enough to put RE7 on the screen. The problem was that the RE7 engine was just not capable of switching resolutions fast enough between TV and handheld mode, the game would practically need to reload all assets with every "switch". They would have to rewrite the whole RE7 engine for the Switch version and that would have been very costly and time consuming for a port.
That's not how that works. You don't reload assets when changing resolution.

Besides MH:Rise uses the same engine.

I was thinking that instead of Red Dead 2 he was teasing Kingdom Come, so I'm much much more happy of it being Nier Automata.
Late Switch ports be damned, it's still a huge get. It's already one of the biggest classic of this gen.
PlatinumGames have been willing to bring it to Switch since 2017, glad to see Square Enix was finally convinced lol

I was thinking that instead of Red Dead 2 he was teasing Kingdom Come, so I'm much much more happy of it being Nier Automata.
Late Switch ports be damned, it's still a huge get. It's already one of the biggest classic of this gen.
PlatinumGames have been willing to bring it to Switch since 2017, glad to see Square Enix was finally convinced lol
Kingdom Come is already officially announced for Switch.

I think almost anything would appear more likely than RDR2 if talking about a switch port.
Having a decent version of RDR2 running on switch would have been a huge endeavour when the Witcher 3 port already took almost a year to the very talented Saber.
GTA V was never ported despite running on PS3, the GTA collection felt like a quick cash grab on release, and even the LA Noire port was more serviceable than anything. Rockstar doesn't really need Nintendo, and Nintendo don't need them either.

Ugh, fine, I'll complete it for the third time.

I'm curious to see how it runs. At least on PS4, the game hardly ever reached its 60fps cap (eyeballing it, it seemed to hovered around the ~45 mark, higher on PS4 Pro but still not locked), and there were some nasty asset streaming issues when covering distances quickly, especially in the city ruins area.

I love the game, but it's a bit of a technical mess, to the point where I'd be interested in a 720p@30fps version if it's locked due to the improved stability alone. All the more so if they manage to improve its memory issues, but I'm not counting on it.

Kingdom Come is already officially announced for Switch.
Yeah but it has no release date though I think.
I just thought they were teasing Kingdom Come re-reveal with a release date for this year lol

Ugh, fine, I'll complete it for the third time.

I'm curious to see how it runs. At least on PS4, the game hardly ever reached its 60fps cap (eyeballing it, it seemed to hovered around the ~45 mark, higher on PS4 Pro but still not locked), and there were some nasty asset streaming issues when covering distances quickly, especially in the city ruins area.

I love the game, but it's a bit of a technical mess, to the point where I'd be interested in a 720p@30fps version if it's locked due to the improved stability alone. All the more so if they manage to improve its memory issues, but I'm not counting on it.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't know if it's the tools that have gotten better, the dev community that has gotten more experienced, the companies which are investing more, or a bit of all that, but there's been some amazing ports recently; Wreckfest, Dying Light, Sniper elite etc.
We can hope for 900p/30fps.

Meh, give me portable Red Dead Redemption 2 😩
nope-sloth.gif

Please give Automata a spin.

It's a journey unlike any other, with a story so harrowing, engaging and emotional that I'm at a loss for words. Love this game so much.
Agreed. It’s one of my favourite games. I’m actually playing through Replicant again at the moment. OST is god tier in both games.

Old games....this is the problem with Nintendo switch and third parties...
Thats a really short sighted view of things.

Them bringing Automata and one of their biggest games of the gen to Switch, as well as Replicant increases the chances of the next mainline Nier game to hit a Nintendo system as well.

This has happened so often this generation alone so its weird people dismissing these kind of releases, especially when we are talking about quality games that are would be a great addition to every plattform.

The moment when i call great games releasing on a popular plattform i own myself a "problem", i know it would be time to log off for a bit. Only in gaming people are so obsessed to disregard everything that isnt the best, latest and exclusive at the same time.

People complaining about "old" games while the Switch fanbase has been clamoring loudly for Persona 5, a game older than both RDR2 and Automata.

Sure.
It's funny because Persona ports were probably the second or third most talked thing by far at Xbox E3.

Xbox fanbase doesn't seem to have a problem with ports.

It's funny because Persona ports were probably the second or third most talked thing by far at Xbox E3.

The fanbase for japanese games on Xbox is much smaller so they take what they can get I think.
They also get all the other muliplat releases so they re more satiated by those.

But I get what you are saying, that mindset makes me question why they are even on this Nintendo focused forum if all they wanna bring into the discussion is negativity.
Like, of course we should criticise corporations, they are not our friends, but if you don't like the games on Switch that have released or announced to come out now, I don't think much is gonna change.

Not that I'll complain about old ports because even if I have another console I do prefer playing games handheld but I do see the point of people who tune in for a direct and get games from 2016-2018. The impossible ports are great but not as novel. MK11 came out years ago, Witcher 3, DOOM Eternal... it's great to get ports, but I do see why people don't find them as interesting.

Expectations are much higher on Switch than Xbox. After all, Switch is the market leader system with nearly 110m sold units. People want the third party to take it seriously as they did PS4 with even smaller install base number and lower attach rate.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't know if it's the tools that have gotten better, the dev community that has gotten more experienced, the companies which are investing more, or a bit of all that, but there's been some amazing ports recently; Wreckfest, Dying Light, Sniper elite etc.
We can hope for 900p/30fps.
I can't be optimistic, this coming from square-enix its either going to be:
  • Cloud game (lol)
  • 720p/30 fps docked, with low graphics and dips on the fps

Besides, i honestly can't see this game being the good experience in terms of gameplay at 30 fps; it's a action platinum game, it was made to be played at 60 fps.

Don't get me wrong, i love the game (in fact, it's one of my favourites game of all time) and i would love to play it again on the Switch, but i prefer for a release in Switch Pro/ Switch 2 at 60 fps.

• Cloud game (lol)
It would be PG that made the port not SE if it’s not cloud, but still almost 100% it will be 30fps like Astral Chain.

• Cloud game (lol)

Besides, i honestly can't see this game being the good experience in terms of gameplay at 30 fps; it's a action platinum game, it was made to be played at 60 fps.

Don't get me wrong, i love the game (in fact, it's one of my favourites game of all time) and i would love to play it again on the Switch, but i prefer for a release in Switch Pro/ Switch 2 at 60 fps.

It wasn't really 60fps on PS4. Some may argue that a stable 30fps will be preferable to the fluctuating 40-60fps that was the PlayStation version

It would be PG that made the port not SE if it’s not cloud, but still almost 100% it will be 30fps like Astral Chain.
You're right. Actually Astral Chain played really well, but it was a diferent game and action from Nier Automata.

It wasn't really 60fps on PS4. Some may argue that a stable 30fps will be preferable to the fluctuating 40-60fps that was the PlayStation version
My bad, i played on a PS4 Pro at the time and it was always 60 fps; i thought the base Ps4 was also constant 60fps but lower resolution (900p).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom