• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Spanish insider wasn't teasing Red Dead Redemption 2, he was actually teasing...

Nier Automata tomorrow?

• Yes #Believe

Votes: 45 76.3%
  • It's never gonna happen, Tiffany

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

parasite2

Piranha Plant
Pronouns
He/Him
Spanish insider Nacho Requena said on Youtube he was expecting a Nintendo Partner Direct with some Persona games and a game from 2018, people online speculated he was teasing Red Dead Redemption 2 but he actually was teasing Nier Automata for Nintendo Switch. So do you guys think we are gonna see Nier Automata tomorrow ???

If they’re doing Automata I would expect Replicant to come with it since Nintendo systems are a new fan base for Nier.

Also Nier over XIII, good work Yoko Taro and crew (y)

Much better game than RDR2, if you never played it and the switch version turns out to be good this is a good chance to do it
As a bonus you get one of the best OST in gaming

Nier makes a hell of a lot more sense than RDR2 ever did. RDR2 could see a switch revision release at best

Edit;

Aware of this but I’ve said before it would be maiming the game visually - and the visuals seem like half of what’s so impressive about the experience. I can’t see them having been satisfied with where it was going.

It’s like I recall Capcom at some point tried porting RE7 I think, but did eventually give up on it.

Famiboards is going to be a mess the rest of today and all tomorrow.

...who in their right mind thought Red Dead Redemption 2 could possibly run on Switch.
I believe there were rumors at the time (aren’t there always?)

People also thought GTA V was going to come at some point as well. IIRC that was bubbling around before the system came out. Dark Souls Trilogy was also rumored. Man, early Switch rumor nostalgia.

I bet they announce Automata and Replicant with Automata coming first later this year. I played Automata and it was alright but I didn’t get what everyone raved over.

RDR2 won’t come to base Switch now, if it ever comes it’ll be the next system but by then I suspect the rumoured RDR remaster would be out and that’ll be more likely.

I still dont think is coming due to Square history before, but maybe it is PG finally getting the okay (and money) to make the port after them pushing to do it for years

If RDR2 comes to a Nintendo platform, I would have to imagine, Cloud aside, which would be lame, it'd have to be for what's next.

And that seems possible. It seems like Rockstar isn't averse to supporting the Switch, just that making it feasible presents challenges.

Psyched that Automata seems like it's coming though... but honestly dunno if I'm gonna bother playing it again... on a system it will run worse on.

Won't be buying it on Switch since I already own the game, but I'm glad to see this masterpiece make it over

Last edited:
If they’re doing Automata I would expect Replicant to come with it since Nintendo systems are a new fan base for Nier.

Also Nier over XIII, good work Yoko Taro and crew (y)
I demand Old Man+Young man Nier button press hotswapping!

Automata wasn't a 2018 game so I mean sure if thats how he wanted to tease that. I love NieR, it would be great to have it on Switch, the anime is coming at some point so why not, be great if it maybe coincided with a PS5 version too (Replicant as well) ;)

Maybe there's a shocking reason behind it. You know... Like Nier Automata 2 being exclusive to Switch?
yea, I don't see that. if Nintendo is spending money on Platinum, it'll be Astral Chain 2. SE's MO is multiplatform unless paid otherwise. and if this was the case, I think we'd be seeing both Niers tomorrow rather than one; so this point is a wait and see

not until the Howard twins get in
I liked Astral Chain and all, but nah

2B's already in like dozens of crossovers and Automata is getting an anime, she's got staying power. Astral Chain would at least need a sequel to be relevant, and we have no clue if that's even in the cards

given RDR2 Online vs GTAO, it makes some sense. GTAO wasn't separated until recently
What kind of profit / audience does RDR2 pull tho? GTAV is massive.. but I am entirely blind to RDR2’s relative success

Maybe there's a shocking reason behind it. You know... Like Nier Automata 2 being exclusive to Switch?

Nier Automata was a big hit on PC and consoles. Makes very little sense to make the sequel exclusive to Switch.

But this is Square, they seems to be rolling dices in regards to what platforms their games will release on.

I liked Astral Chain and all, but nah

2B's already in like dozens of crossovers and Automata is getting an anime, she's got staying power. Astral Chain would at least need a sequel to be relevant, and we have no clue if that's even in the cards
I don't think Nintendo's own characters will get dropped over characters they don't own if they were deliberately looking for Platinum Games-made games. popularity be damned, Nintendo fans made a habit of rooting from Scrimblo Bimblo for years already so the Howards getting in will be met very warmly

Eh. Switch still selling strong and it expands the audience, likely to drum up hype for a new game in the series
that Nintendo won't get

gL88KkE.jpg

that Nintendo won't get
SE is the only big JP publisher that maybe (and this is a big maybe) will have an important change when it comes to support of Nintendo hardware with the successor if they are able to port the games easily on the console, others either already do it or are lost causes at the moment like Bamco

Nier Automata was a big hit on PC and consoles. Makes very little sense to make the sequel exclusive to Switch.
Boatloads of cash from Nintendo would make it make sense. If I were Nintendo and have an option to pay for third party to make one game exclusive this one should be top of my list. Devs are familiar with the console and the game has some strong fan following.

SE is the only big JP publisher that maybe (and this is a big maybe) will have an important change when it comes to support of Nintendo hardware with the successor if they are able to port the games easily on the console, others either already do it or are lost causes at the moment like Bamco
SE wouldn't be a big change, IMO. it's just that the hardware can support their AAA games now

Boatloads of cash from Nintendo would make it make sense. If I were Nintendo and have an option to pay for third party to make one game exclusive this one should be top of my list. Devs are familiar with the console and the game has some strong fan following.
In this exact case it would be damaging for the brand to make such a move so Nintendo offer would be really high to match a possible Sony offer (SE would always offer Sony a chance to match Nintendo offer). Nintendo does money hats for IPs that are already associated with Nintendo so they get deals a lot cheaper due to the amount of lost sales being smaller. If Nintendo wants a PG game they will finance more Bayo/Astral Chain, there is no need for Nier exclusivity only thing that could make sense is push for a Drake SKU.

(Also if there are two 3rd party IPs that are n1 priority for Nintendo they are DQ/MH not Nier)

Well then, it's time to elevate Nier to that tier. I hope those ports sells enough to warrant that.
I mean I lied there is another 3rd IP that is also that big for Nintendo: Momotaro, Nintendo likes trains it seems.
Nier if it sells well on the Switch it will probably enter in the range of IPs that Nintendo pushes to get a SKU in their consoles but not exclusivity, it's not a 'Nintendo' 3rd party IP or a multimillion seller in Japan, these are the type of games Nintendo tends to push for exclusivity and I would already be happy with that I don't think Nier should be exclusive to any platform and even less a Nintendo or Xbox one (if they don't fund the game) because most fans are PS users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom