• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Sony PlayStation Discussion |ST| The Last God of Clank 7

I've been playing Persona 5 Royal and boy this game is beefy. I'm in-between the second and third palaces right now. Kinda want to get it completed before SMTV comes out so I can give that series a go too.

I've been playing Persona 5 Royal and boy this game is beefy. I'm in-between the second and third palaces right now. Kinda want to get it completed before SMTV comes out so I can give that series a go too.
Hoo boy. That's definitely possible to do but you may end up burning out on it (and by extension be too burnt out to enjoy SMTV). It's a great game but there's a lot of it. I'd say take your time, SMTV will still be there when you're done.

Hoo boy. That's definitely possible to do but you may end up burning out on it (and by extension be too burnt out to enjoy SMTV). It's a great game but there's a lot of it. I'd say take your time, SMTV will still be there when you're done.
Yeah I'm realising I may have made a mistake 🤣

Well if I do burn out or I'm not done in time for SMTV then as you say the latter will still be there.

Such a great game! I played it during the very beginning of the COVID lockdowns without really knowing what I was getting into…I certainly don’t regret it because I loved it, but i such a long game. I definitely almost burned out on it towards the end, so I’d just recommend taking your time with it and enjoying it!

Speaking of Yakuza…

I started playing Judgement. First impression is good. But dayumn these protags are all out of luck aren’t they?

Against my best judgement (and everlasting backlog) I upgraded my Death Stranding copy to the Director's Cut version and uh... what the hell is this game lmao I played a hour and I feel I will have to play it in small chunks to enjoy it, but damn, it's a lot weirder I expected. Licensed music is pretty cool, Kojima has good taste.

At least this will be my final PS physical game until Elden Ring, and maybe Trails of Cold Steel 4 if I find a copy at a decent price.

I really want to play Judgment. I know the PS5 version is on sale right now on PSN, but I’m really trying to not give myself a backlog of games on PS5. I’m trying to be responsible this generation…

I really want to play Judgment. I know the PS5 version is on sale right now on PSN, but I’m really trying to not give myself a backlog of games on PS5. I’m trying to be responsible this generation…
I was thinking about signing up to PSNow just to play it. But I really want to finish Yakuza first.

It was ALL over Twitter for like the last 30 minutes. 😅

But I hear you!
Did it leak early? Because SIE only announced it at the start of this hour.

I find it really interesting that with games like Horizon, Days Gone, and God of War (and likely the upcoming Uncharted collection), PlayStation is signaling that PC is the best place to play their software. You’ll obviously have to wait, but the best versions of their games won’t be on PlayStation 5.

Popped up in the Steam database earlier than the announcement. My twitter notifications went haywire, and I was like, "Okay... WTF is happening right now!?"

Got a secondhand midnight black controller and dang it looks good. It's in perfect new shape and the triggers work well. Maybe it was cheap cuz the package was not complete so probably a retour in incomplete state resold for cheaper.

But yep that thing is a black beauty indeed 👀

I posted this before on the other forum but eh.

Some time ago I left my PS5 running downloading some stuff, and when I came back there was this odd, burning smell that lasted for like 2 seconds.

It could only come from the PS5, my PC or somehow it leaked through the AC unit.

The PS5 had been off for like 3 weeks and I used it for 2 hours or so after that.

Should I send it to Sony? On one hand ‘it was probably nothing’ and dont wanna risk they sending back a refurbished unit. On the other, I don’t want to burn down my house.

I find it really interesting that with games like Horizon, Days Gone, and God of War (and likely the upcoming Uncharted collection), PlayStation is signaling that PC is the best place to play their software. You’ll obviously have to wait, but the best versions of their games won’t be on PlayStation 5.
I know it won't be the same for a lot, potentially even most folks, but PlayStation potentially having no permanent exclusives anymore does make it very unlikely that I'll pick one up again. Simply prefer what PC gaming offers over both PS and Xbox consoles in their current form. And I'm patient (and busy) enough to wait out these timed exclusivities, be it a year or two. As long as the software makes its way over, I'm good.

I mean, Sony will have done the math and I guess everyone benefits in the end in some way, so it's all fine. It's just a bit weird to me that they'd give up their position so ... seemingly easily, I feel.
Think you hit the nail on its head by saying that the message definitely is "you can have a better version", but you'll have to wait for it a bit. The " PlayStation advantage", like iirc Ryan called it, basically turns into early access, then.

Not that time doesn't matter, it's a huge factor for many, especially when looking at the mass market, which might assume it's entirely exclusive even. To me personally though, it's pretty whatever at that point. I'll wait to have these games the way I actually want.

I know it won't be the same for a lot, potentially even most folks, but PlayStation potentially having no permanent exclusives anymore does make it very unlikely that I'll pick one up again. Simply prefer what PC gaming offers over both PS and Xbox consoles in their current form. And I'm patient (and busy) enough to wait out these timed exclusivities, be it a year or two. As long as the software makes its way over, I'm good.

I mean, Sony will have done the math and I guess everyone benefits in the end in some way, so it's all fine. It's just a bit weird to me that they'd give up their position so ... seemingly easily, I feel.
Think you hit the nail on its head by saying that the message definitely is "you can have a better version", but you'll have to wait for it a bit. The " PlayStation advantage", like iirc Ryan called it, basically turns into early access, then.

Not that time doesn't matter, it's a huge factor for many, especially when looking at the mass market, which might assume it's entirely exclusive even. To me personally though, it's pretty whatever at that point. I'll wait to have these games the way I actually want.
If Demon’s Souls remake and Bloodborne make their way to PC, my reasons for owning a PS console become close to non-existent. The two TLoU games are almost certainly coming to PC as well. As someone who is perfectly fine waiting to play most games, PC is starting to become mighty tempting.

Always good for a new SOP. Probably won't see anything "big" but lots of the smaller games at these things are great. Hopefully we see Helldivers 2 though.

Fuck yes. I hope this update improve the stability of the game, but just the mid-save feature is enough to make me return to Returnal 🥰

What do people expect in the SoP? I'll be getting up for 5 am to watch it as I'm on holiday this week.

What has been confirmed:

-> Little Devil Inside (Sony confirmed)
-> Hogwarts Legacy (via an insider on twitter)

And that's it? It's supposed to be heavy on third party, so I guess we can't expect much/any of Sony's first party stuff, and there has already been a lot of Horizon/Gran Turismo info this week. What I guess we actually see:

-> Ghostwire Tokyo (a cert imo)
-> Forspoken (50-50 on this - we've already seen a lot of this, but that didn't stop Sony from putting Deathloop, Godfall etc in every SoP possible)
-> FF XVI (little chance of this imo; FFXIV is the focus for SE right now, and Yoshi P said we'll see this game close to release, which is still a way off imo)
-> Pragmata (I guess it's possible? Capcom fiscal report is coming soon, Sony have the marketing rights etc - still low chance imo, game must be a long way off)
-> Helldivers 2 (Sony own the IP and the reveal has been coming ages - think we'll see this)

After that I'm not sure, guess we might see Avengers and FNAF stuff that I don't care about. TBH Hogwarts Legacy and Helldivers 2 is more than enough for me. Ghostwire Tokyo as well.

Any opinions?

I know there is virtually no chance of this happening, but I’m hoping the stars align for me and we see something about FFVIIR2 at the SoP. It‘s been 1.5 years since part one, and the devs said production would be much more streamlined this time. Give me a tease with the title and I’ll be happy!

I would also like to see something about FFXVI, which is much more likely, but it still probably won’t happen.

I know there is virtually no chance of this happening, but I’m hoping the stars align for me and we see something about FFVIIR2 at the SoP. It‘s been 1.5 years since part one, and the devs said production would be much more streamlined this time. Give me a tease with the title and I’ll be happy!

I would also like to see something about FFXVI, which is much more likely, but it still probably won’t happen.
It won't be there. I believe Nomura said that we won't get news until 2022 in an interview.

I just would love more XVI. I would've loved more Forspoken too but the last trailer was kinda disappointing to me.

No chance FFXVI will be at this.

Also how much did Sony get paid for this 'ofk' crap? They have like 5k followers on Twitter.

Back
Top Bottom