• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Sony has broken Nintendo’s 33 consecutive month streak of top hardware sales in the US.

I wonder how the physical shops will market the OLED, and whether the uninformed masses will buy it on a whim thinking it's the next Switch or something. Also... What the fact rumors are already circulating about a 2022/23 new Switch will do.

To me this feels a bit like a Wii U 2, but more like U Switch 2?

Next months can go both ways, but Nintendo's streak will probably wane a bit more, that's what I believe.

The Switch OLED model is the obvious reason on paper, however I've been seeing the standard version of the Switch missing on store shelves. Is there supply shortage as well? Obviously the PS5 is under significant supply constraint, but the factors contributing are interesting to speculate on.

That really means that out of 34 months, on 33 the Switch sold more than Playstation. But of course, Nintendo is doomed.
Is anyone actually saying that anywhere? I'm sure someone is earnestly saying something like that on GameFAQs, Twitter or Gamespot System Wars, but those don't really count, do they?

Unless you mean people in this thread, who are just cracking jokes.

Is anyone actually saying that anywhere? I'm sure someone is earnestly saying something like that on GameFAQs, Twitter or Gamespot System Wars, but those don't really count, do they?

This one is pretty hard to legitimately spin into a negative. If anyone can, give them the gold in mental gymnastics

I wonder how the physical shops will market the OLED, and whether the uninformed masses will buy it on a whim thinking it's the next Switch or something. Also... What the fact rumors are already circulating about a 2022/23 new Switch will do.

To me this feels a bit like a Wii U 2, but more like U Switch 2?

Next months can go both ways, but Nintendo's streak will probably wane a bit more, that's what I believe.
Huh?

It's just a meme, but it became a joke because people actually say that. I'm sure you will find that take in plenty of other places.

Switch 2 numbers are going to be funny. Hell, the OLED numbers are going to be funny.
Also, does this mean other consoles didn't beat Switch even in their launch weeks?

That really means that out of 34 months, on 33 the Switch sold more than Playstation. But of course, Nintendo is doomed.
That's only 97% and everyone knows that anything below 142% means Nintendo is, was, and always will be doomed.

Switch 2 numbers are going to be funny. Hell, the OLED numbers are going to be funny.
Also, does this mean other consoles didn't beat Switch even in their launch weeks?
Correct. PS5 made more revenue in its launch month, but Switch sold more units than both PS5 and Xbox Series.

That's only 97% and everyone knows that anything below 142% means Nintendo is, was, and always will be doomed.
Nintendo is like Deadpool, forecer dying (cancer) but has a regeneration factor keeping it alive forever

If the Switch didn’t lose the top spot the month before a big revision launch I’d be scared about the health of the video game market, to be honest

It's an impressive streak.

Does anyone know where it stands among other console life cycles? I assume PS1 and PS2 must have had impressive sales streaks like this in North America, Wii too probably.

There are massive chip shortages and supply restraints, If there weren't the sales would be multiple times higher for those consoles
PS5 is going to get killed the next 3 months.

The holidays scew heavily Nintendo.

Nintendo is going to sell over 25 million consoles again this year.

No Sony console has come close to that in a single year.

PS5 is going to get killed the next 3 months.

The holidays scew heavily Nintendo.

Nintendo is going to sell over 25 million consoles again this year.

No Sony console has come close to that in a single year.
Who cares, whoever wins/sells more it doesn't matter we should want all the consoles to be healthy.

Who cares, whoever wins/sells more it doesn't matter we should want all the consoles to be healthy.
For those stating otherwise, I'm just stating the most likely scenario.

It's not about "caring" persay.

Some people invest in this type of news and many are interested.

Not sure if anyone has corrected you yet, but thread title is incorrect. It should be "Nintendo has broken Nintendo’s 33 consecutive month streak of top hardware sales in the US." (by announcing the OLED...)

Not sure if anyone has corrected you yet, but thread title is incorrect. It should be "Nintendo has broken Nintendo’s 33 consecutive month streak of top hardware sales in the US." (by announcing the OLED...)
little of column A, little of column B. current gen systems are still heavily supply constrained.

I genuinely have not seen a PS5 for retail price since.... ever. Are people just going nuts buying up price-gouged consoles or am I just not looking in the right places?

I genuinely have not seen a PS5 for retail price since.... ever. Are people just going nuts buying up price-gouged consoles or am I just not looking in the right places?
They're just selling out like mad online. The PS4 doing so well, a lot of hunger for newer hardware, shortages creating a sense of FOMO, and the pandemic have done a lot to drive demand for gaming as a whole. Like I've more or less given up on getting a PS5 until I've gotten settled in with how hard it is to get one

Back
Top Bottom