• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Sonic Frontiers - Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new overview trailer, releasing November 8th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always liked Big
He's got a following!! The guy who used to run the Sonic social media was a die-hard Big fan and was always referencing him. There's a running gag on the official livestream that the marketing guy is perpetually attempting to get a Big the Cat body pillow to market. 🤣

He's one of the better characters from a visual perspective. Like, better than anyone not called Sonic.
My tier list for Sonic character designs goes Sonic > Eggman (classic) > Tails > Knuckles > Blaze > Big > Cream > Chaos 0 > Mighty > Vector > uh... > everyone else > Rouge

I always liked Big
Me too. The comics made him one of fave characters

tumblr_o26meweJT61twngz7o1_1280.jpg

Woo, called it! There’s our first look at the Switch version and the Cyberspace levels in today’s direct.

i mean it looks bad, but not as bad as I thought it would look given how the current gen versions look.

The lower fidelity environments are an improvement actually

I mean, you had to expected a downgrade compared to beastly home consoles. But it still looked good. I was thinking I really want to play it.
Yeah I’m expecting a lot of bad faith doom posting about this one when… anything better would have been an actual miracle lol

Nintendo does what Segan’t. They made the game look exciting, they showed the levels, it had upbeat music

Don’t wanna hear any of that inb4 10 fps shit, people forget Switch launched with an open world game, it will be fine. Maybe it’s downgraded from the other platforms by having less foliage it seems? Either way it doesn’t look drastically different, not the same genre but Xenoblade X on Wii U is a much prettier game

Now if the game will turn out good and glitchless is another question

I mean, you had to expected a downgrade compared to beastly home consoles. But it still looked good. I was thinking I really want to play it.
bruh, the game ain't even running well on pc as of the Summer Games Fest. this is a miracle that it don't look like donkey butter

People are clowning all over that "bad level design" and like... are they that dense to not realize it's decorative? Lol
But good lord, if it weren't decorative and all those highways were traversable?? That'd be excellent level design for a Sonic game. I'd wanna run all over that.

Sega really should just sell Sonic to Nintendo, or at least they should fire their marketing team and let Nintendo market their games for them.

It's crazy how much better that short footage of Sonic Frontiers was in showing the game than the bunch of its early gameplay showings from IGN.

it didn't look THAT bad considering how it's running on PC/current gen, I might be interested in a portable Sonic this holiday mmh

The only thing I'm not liking so far is how Sonic loses his momentum when attacking an enemy. I miss how he'd bounce off of them in the older 3D games, but now doing a homing attack and just sorta sticking to the enemy for a second seems weird.

That's all the negativity I have so far. 😅

This trailer really was so much better than anything that was shown already... even with the obvious visual downgrade it still showed better here lol.

A little disappointed we didn't get a glimpse of Big in this tho, not gonna lie.

The only thing I'm not liking so far is how Sonic loses his momentum when attacking an enemy. I miss how he'd bounce off of them in the older 3D games, but now doing a homing attack and just sorta sticking to the enemy for a second seems weird.

I'm guessing the issue is that they're putting more of an emphasis on melee combat - the homing attack would be risk-free with the bounce and they want you to follow it up with CQC.

As long as the level design holds up, I love this. Boost formula needed a shift into “3D Platforming empty void” to be scalable into a game with meaningful “other half” content, and it looks like we’ve got it!

Also, we’re already a step ahead of Forces since it looks like the enemies actually attack you! Lol

As long as the level design holds up, I love this. Boost formula needed a shift into “3D Platforming empty void” to be scalable into a game with meaningful “other half” content, and it looks like we’ve got it!

Also, we’re already a step ahead of Forces since it looks like the enemies actually attack you! Lol

good lord that highway level looks so damn cool

I’m (not) surprised SEGA isn’t putting out footage of cyberspace levels from a higher fidelity platform like is typical for multiplat games announced in a direct

Isn’t the SGF embargo on these stages up today?

Do we know that’s the case in both the action and speed controls? Perhaps that is one of the main differences…!

Last edited:
Isn’t the SGF embargo on these stages up today?
Tomorrow, IIRC
Do we know that’s the case in both the action and speed controls? Perhaps that is one of the main differences…!
That would be nice if the homing attack was one of the differences! Slower combat controls, zippier zoom zoom controls 😁

This is gonna be Skyward Sword HD all over again where we gotta pause to switch controls constantly lol
I wouldn't be surprised if I just sorta get used to the speed controls and adapt to using them for combat. I just got through both Niers pretty much dashing and speeding through everything including combat, instead of working out, like, a "combat build" or whatever. And I'm sure Frontiers will he the same. Set it to speed controls, don't look back.
Gotta go fast! 🦔💨

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom