• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Sonic Frontiers - Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new overview trailer, releasing November 8th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just showed Frontiers screenshots, including the new ones from the cyberspace stages, to a friend of mine who is NOT a Sonic fan. Fresh eyes. She thinks Frontiers looks really cool.

So there it is yall. I'm following her.

Finally sat and read this. He said the cyberspace levels are "everything you'd expect from a 3D Sonic stage, but better" and I am so excited to hear that. The Sonic Cycle has become a rollercoaster!!!!! up down up down up

Last edited:
Today is the day, we get to see/read even more about the cyberspace levels.

Please don't be more corridors like Forces 🙏🏾

edit: Or not? I guess I expected more impressions and videos on the cyberspace levels.

Last edited:
Oh no…you guys…I’m…looking forward to playing this? What’s happening to me!? Screeches, Ceases to exist
welcome to the dark side

giphy.gif

I do not understand why Sega held off on showing the cyberspace levels. They look really cool!

So is there like..a chance? Someone squash this before I build up hope again please

Oh god.

On paper this game really feels like the Sonic game people have always wanted.

Last edited:
I’m pretty hyped for this game. So much good stuff coming the second half of this year can’t wait to throw all my money at it.

So that “blue aura” gotta go fast boost mode is interesting 🤔

Seems like the Cyberspace levels have struck a balance. Short but they’re fun and there are many of them.

So Big is in a portal, interesting... I wonder if we'll see other callbacks to characters like that!

Stupid question, but was the footage shown in the Nintendo Direct running on the Switch? If so, I'm pretty impressed by it.

The reviews embargo lifting for this game is one my most anticipated gaming events for the year. Whatever the outcome, it's going to be fascinating.

If we actually get Switch Hardware news this week it’s gonna be yet another laughable decision by sega (to reveal the switch version and a whole component of the game with inferior footage lol)

unless that was Drake footage

oh no

What's up with the "tombstones" blacked out alongside the figure? something spoilery for the game, I imagine?

If we actually get Switch Hardware news this week it’s gonna be yet another laughable decision by sega (to reveal the switch version and a whole component of the game with inferior footage lol)

unless that was Drake footage

oh no
The whole marketing cycle for this game has been a mess that only the likes of SH2 & NTWEWY top. Honestly doubt the Drake would have made this game look any better then what we saw in the Direct.

well pretty much everything else from those posts were true, so I'm gonna assume it's there. if not, they might have removed it
nothing else about the post that mentioned the chao garden has been proven correct other than stuff that was easy to guess or was already revealed

everything about that battle mode sounds made up

I think the next trailer of this game could be shown in another Nintendo Direct, maybe to show off Drake. I think that footage we just saw was base switch footage.

that was just for the reveal. and I don't blame IGN since they just aired what they were given
Thank goodness then. If IGN footage was given to them, then Sega should find whoever gave that footage and fire them. Almost killed any hype for it.

I think Sega of American did fire the Sonic Marketing Manager because they were hiring for a new one recently as of Mid-June I think.

the full Game Informer story
This concept art from the article is SO COOL:
sonicfrontiers_03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom