• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Sonic Frontiers - Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new overview trailer, releasing November 8th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEGA Sonic marketing department has been shit forever now, even if Sonic Team made a good game, which it is, the marketing would still be bad.

Sonic Frontiers, you've probably already noticed, didn't look too hot upon its proper reveal earlier this month. With gameplay demos that were rough around the edges and an open world that was strikingly sparse, there's the hope that a first chance to play it might turn things around but first impressions really aren't promising. Shakily running on a PC at a low resolution that doesn't do the visuals any favours, the button prompts for the tutorial are incorrectly labelled and there's almost a sense of polite embarrassment from the Sega representatives manning the booth, not helped by the car crash quality that drew small crowds when the rough demo was first fired up at Summer Games Fest.
It's at once faithful while also forward thinking, and suggests that for all the lack of polish around Sonic Frontiers - something which can hopefully be remedied in the months leading up to release - it is at least investing some of the imagination that was sorely lacking from the likes of Sonic Forces. Indeed, for all its issues it looks like it could be Sonic Team's most interesting take on the series since Sonic Adventure - something to be wary of, perhaps, but having got to try it out for myself it's now something I'm also cautiously optimistic about too.

only Sonic fans can rival Pokemon fans in horny

The lack of music, even during fights, is still weird. Breath of the Wild even had music for combat.

Wow, great interview. He had all the right answers for me.
At the end he says, basically, that the island looks empty because the tighter, denser island didn't feel fun because there wasn't room for Sonic to go fast. Rather than slow Sonic down, they kept making the world bigger and bigger till it felt right.

this is the worst thread of all time but I immediately knew exactly what you meant and am very intrigued

giphy-downsized-large.gif

EDIT: Thanks for the thread title update :p Yeah, even without a source I'd say Sonic Frontiers is quite likely for the next Direct.

Last edited:
Incredibly respectful of Nintendo to choose their direct date just for Sonic's sake. It's beautifull really.

Easy Allies posted a hands-on video.

An embargo’s up today?

Okay basically done watching it. Ben actually seemed to really like it. And the footage in this preview looks a LOT cleaner.

This hands-on makes me feel so much better about the game. I can feel the hype starting to come back!

God I hope this game is good. I don't know what I'll do if we get another Forces.

Probably make my own Sonic game, with hookers and blackjack.

So the action levels are embargoed to the 29th and are probably going to be at the Direct trailer!

This is a cool example of how platforming can get you hearts too. Lol @ sonic yeeting the enemy in one swipe

Anyway, with this piece of news, we are now 100% certain the direct will be amazing. Rejoice everyone.

I have to say the previews are turning me around on Sonic Frontiers. The IGN First pieces are bafflingly bad but what I'm reading has me back on board

@chocolate_supra choo choo baby

I'm doing manual labor right now and am nowhere near a computer where I can properly watch all this stuff but boy howdy this evening is gonna be fun to catch up

Looks like a possible game and mecanic on the direct
A look at the detail of Sonic Frontiers doesn't seem like something that should be in Nintendo's big summer Direct. Maybe I'm prejudiced against Sonic but seems weird to me

Really really hoping I don't see a level with design that resembles something from Forces at the end of the month.

The 2024 Olympic Sonic & Mario post having improved graphics makes me think that it may release on the Drake. They release always the year before the event so if I’m right it would make H2 2023 the latest the Drake it could release (ofc this is a quite big reach)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom