• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion So with basically all first party games now on the table, what we thinking third party on N64 NSO?

Treasure teased more games coming. As for the Goemon series that’s under Konami and they seem to be supporting NSO again looking at the Genesis launch and their N64 catalog is a lot of work for little return for a collection release so I’d say that their N64 games(and Hudsonsoft’s) are good odds

I think Take2 has Space Station Silicon Valley, want to say it and Body Harvest were made by rockstar before they were rockstar
Weird stuff like Goemon would really push me towards the expansion pack, even more so than the classics, which I've been able to replay. And yes, you're right - Body Harvest and Space Station Silicon Valley were both by Rockstar before they became Rockstar.

Obviously I want to see all the Rare games. Other than that - Space Station Silicon Valley, WWF No Mercy, Mystical Ninja starring Goemon, Star Wars Rogue Leader, Body Harvest, Buck Bumble.

PLEASE Diddy Kong Racing.

The likes of Konami (& Hudson) games (Castlevania 64, Mystical Ninja, Bomberman...), Rare games (Perfect Dark, Tooie, Jet Force Gemini...) and third party Treasure games (Mischief Makers, etc) are a lock imo, so that already cover most of the third parties that I want.

Now here's hoping for Harvest Moon 64, the other one I really want. It was added very lately on Wii U VC in late 2016, despite the mess in the west with that series. (Marvelous IP in Japan... But Natsume holds the rights for the localizations of the old games and the Harvest Moon name). Here's hoping it'll work out again, it's one of my favorite in the series, and a N64 must have !!

They really need to get Konami on board so we can get Konami and Hudson titles on the service. Maybe we don’t see the two Castlevania games (they probably want to do a 3D collection somewhere down the line) but Goemon and Bomberman should be possible.
Snes got pop’n twin bee and Konami is back bringing Hard Corps and Castlevania bloodlines(both in other switch collections) so our odds are good

For me the dream is the Bomberman games, the Goemon games, and the Snowboard Kids games.

Snes got pop’n twin bee and Konami is back bringing Hard Corps and Castlevania bloodlines(both in other switch collections) so our odds are good
Oh that’s a good point, I didn’t realize they were adding games that were already in collections to the Genesis service. Definitely makes it a lot more likely

If the give me some of the wrestling games I’m in heaven. Other than that this won’t earn my money.

Probably a long shot, but the first level of shadow's of the empire alone justifies it's inclusion.

Last edited:
I really think people should not expect M-Rated games and licensed titles; We don't have the precedent for that in any of the previous Nintendo services.. not only on NSO. At max we got the TMNT NES games on Wii and those were quickly delisted.

Either way, I hope Nintendo manages to dig through the licensing of some of the more popular games in the west, since the N64 was very western centric;

What if Japan gets the 2 Sumo games? Almost every proper wrestling game on n64 has licenses
I’m not sure about Japan. The wrestling games are all I would want to play from n64 though.

Both the worldwide and Japanese wrestling games involved actual licenses so the odds are low. Japan NSO could get this though and it’s sequel

I was personally referring to the WWF wrestling games. I know there is a slim shot of getting those but that’s all I could care to play from that generation of games.

I really hope we see Mystical Ninja Staring Goemon, both Snowboard Kids games, and Mischief Makers at least. Something like Duke Nukem Zero Hour would be amazing (I have a soft spot for that game) but really unlikely.

Two games I'd love to see but will probably never happen; Wetrix and Waialae Country Club: True Golf Classics. The latter was my favorite golfing game for a long time. Always played it on Christmas eve, long after the GameCube was out.

Two games I'd love to see but will probably never happen; Wetrix and Waialae Country Club: True Golf Classics. The latter was my favorite golfing game for a long time. Always played it on Christmas eve, long after the GameCube was out.
Wetrix is less impossible than some would think, as far as I could tell the game itself was sold to Ocean, and Ocean through a series of mergers eventually became part of Bandai Namco EU. So any games actually bought/developed by ocean belong to Bandai Namco now
Edit: biggest thing pointing to Wetrix itself staying with ocean is that the devs Zed Two made the PS2 sequel under a different name

I just want Ogre Battle 64, Snowboard Kids and some of the arcade ports released by Midway (Rush, etc)

If Nintendo is throwing money around to 3rd parties to get involved with N64 and Genesis online, I hope they do the same to get some notable SNES (and even NES) 3rd party titles on the service as well. Especially for the Konami titles as I do not like how those games are emulated in the collections (messed up aspect ratios and ugly blur and desaturation filter on the scanlines option).

I would like to see Mortal Kombat 4 and Killer Instinct Gold.
I have many great memories from back in the days playing these games with my friends.

I know there's no chance, but I really love Fighter's Destiny. If it ever makes it, you can bet on me never letting go of the sub.
One of my favorites as well. That and Goldeneye were the hit games for me and my friends back in the day. The clown character was a blast to play.

Mystical Ninja games.
Snowboard Kids games.
Space Station Silicon Valley game.

Conker's Bad Fur Day. It's a game, but is it 3rd party now? Go on Nintendo, live a little.

Don't really want anything too special or obscure that hasnt been done before or anything like that. Just would like Bomberman Hero again.

Here's a venn diagram of all N64 games that have been announced/released for the previous Virtual Consoles + NSO

e2V3wHv.png
This is very useful.

Out of the games in here not announced for NSO yet, I think I am most interested in Wave Race and 1080.

Last edited:
Both Goemon games.
Hybrid Heaven
Sumo 64
Body Harvest
Internauional Track & Field
Lego Racers
RE2
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Virtual Pro Wrestling 64
Bangai-O
Command & Conquer