• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion So... where exactly does Zelda live now? (In between BotW and TotK)

Where does Zelda live now?

• Hyrule Castle

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Link's House.......

Votes: 65 49.2%
  • Kakariko with Impa

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • She airbnbing somewhere

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

tarsus

Piranha Plant
With Zelda freed from having to hold Ganon off for 100 years, where do you think she's currently living? Her original home, Hyrule castle, is dilapidated and Hyrule castle town is in ruins.

Isn't there a big wall around Kakariko now in the gameplay footage? Possible they fortified the city to protect her.

There's a picture of it in the art book. At least it's probably where she lives.

while i want to believe its in link's house, that would be too naughty for nintendo!

I..imagine... the two of them living under the same roof! šŸ˜° I wouldn't be able to play the game because that would be too much for me

She's got her own little place in Hateno. Technically it's on the same property as the Ancient Tech lab, but it's got it's own entrance, and she does her own research. The kids think she's Purah's mom, which has chilled things out a bit on that front.

She's not dating, exactly, but she and Prima have dinner most nights. At least, most nights that Zelda doesn't get so caught up in research she forgets to eat. Manny is a bit clueless, usually, but he seems to get it. He likes Zelda, after all, though he doesn't believe the rumors that she's the Princess from a hundred years ago.

She's been thinking of moving to Tarrey Town. She feels obligated. As the only remaining member of the Royal Family, she feels like she should be there, the place where Hyrule is being rebuilt! But she's ready for some quiet, away from Royal Obligations, after 100 years of doing her duty, and Link convinced her that the locals were doing enough themselves, and they didn't need a monarch coming in and telling them what to do.

Of course he did it in his quiet way, saying nothing, simply being there while she came to her own conclusions.

There are too many monsters on the road, even now, and Impa can't travel as easily as Purah and Robbie, so sometimes they make their way down to Kakariko, or just Zelda by herself, and sit and talk. Impa is so much older, but they're immediately back where they were 100 years ago, and despite the fact that she fact that they look like peers, Paya starts to think of Zelda as an aunt. Zelda isn't sure how she feels about this, but the shy girl reminds her of herself, in strange ways.

It's not a bad life, but at night, sometimes, she goes to the roof of the tech lab, and looks at the castle through the telescope. She spent a century in there, locked in battle. 10,000 years, or more of her family have lived there. It still keeps so many secrets. Ghosts? Link says he saw the spirit of her father, once. What else might there be - who else might there be - buried beneath?

She's got her own little place in Hateno. Technically it's on the same property as the Ancient Tech lab, but it's got it's own entrance, and she does her own research. The kids think she's Purah's mom, which has chilled things out a bit on that front.

She's not dating, exactly, but she and Prima have dinner most nights. At least, most nights that Zelda doesn't get so caught up in research she forgets to eat. Manny is a bit clueless, usually, but he seems to get it. He likes Zelda, after all, though he doesn't believe the rumors that she's the Princess from a hundred years ago.

She's been thinking of moving to Tarrey Town. She feels obligated. As the only remaining member of the Royal Family, she feels like she should be there, the place where Hyrule is being rebuilt! But she's ready for some quiet, away from Royal Obligations, after 100 years of doing her duty, and Link convinced her that the locals were doing enough themselves, and they didn't need a monarch coming in and telling them what to do.

Of course he did it in his quiet way, saying nothing, simply being there while she came to her own conclusions.

There are too many monsters on the road, even now, and Impa can't travel as easily as Purah and Robbie, so sometimes they make their way down to Kakariko, or just Zelda by herself, and sit and talk. Impa is so much older, but they're immediately back where they were 100 years ago, and despite the fact that she fact that they look like peers, Paya starts to think of Zelda as an aunt. Zelda isn't sure how she feels about this, but the shy girl reminds her of herself, in strange ways.

It's not a bad life, but at night, sometimes, she goes to the roof of the tech lab, and looks at the castle through the telescope. She spent a century in there, locked in battle. 10,000 years, or more of her family have lived there. It still keeps so many secrets. Ghosts? Link says he saw the spirit of her father, once. What else might there be - who else might there be - buried beneath?

Same

I was hoping this was gonna end in a name issue (no -son), but the silent Link punchline worked too

She lives in the wild
This is the correct answer. No reason to not believe she went on the longest honeymoon with Link, exploring all places in Hyrule and eating frogs.

She could have a stash or something in Kakariko and/or Hateno. She could also have a nice room of her own in Link's house (i.e., Link's own bed, and he sleeps on the floor below, on a couch).

Iā€™d like to think she kept her identity a secret so she can have the life of exploration and research she wants. She spent 100 years holding back Ganon, she paid her dues to the country. Maybe sheā€™s nomadic, maybe she lives with Impa, maybe she lives with Link. I never liked the idea that she and Link have to be romantically involved though. They can be plutonic partners.

I think wherever she goes Link goes, so if she's not living with him in Hateno Link probably gave away his house.

That said I think she's probably staying with Impa.

images

I guess Kakariko Village? That's like the ideal safe haven in Hyrule.

I'm still playing Tears of the Kingdom, but I'm startled how close I got...

She lives in you
She lives in me
She watches over
Everything we see
Into the Water
Into the Truth
In your reflection
She lives in yoooooou

I mean the option was links house, but link doesnā€™t seem to have any way in whether itā€™s his or not, Zelda stole his house.

As soon as you ask her to move in, it's no longer your house. Zelda got straight to work fixing up that bachelor pad. Took down all of his toys from the walls and replaced them decorations. Bought some actual furniture. I'm sure Link's Amiibo collection is now stored under the staircase.

Isn't it crazy that it's pretty confirm that Link and Zelda live together, and most likely sleep together too.

This absolutely blew my mind.

The fanarts that have been made out of this heavily implied cohabitation have immensely satisfying so far.

I had some thoughts on this

When we first were together, and when we were friends, my wife and I slept together on a small twin size bed in college. It was cozy.

Also, we gotta realize that Link is extremely short and small compared to literally everyone else. He's definitely the little spoon, just like me :).

My native language is not English, and after hearing the English dub, I would have preferred to hear that the "Zelda voice actor" hints that they will try to do better.

When we first were together, and when we were friends, my wife and I slept together on a small twin size bed in college. It was cozy.

Also, we gotta realize that Link is extremely short and small compared to literally everyone else. He's definitely the little spoon, just like me :).
I should make it clear, I have nothing against the idea of them living/sleeping together. I just thought the idea of her making him sleep outside like an animal was funny.

She is royalty, she can take any property for herself.
Regarding relationship: Link is her vassal. Vassalry IS a relationship

Poor dude got kicked out of his house and had to build a new one in Tarrey Town. Canā€™t wait for Zelda to repossess that one as her vacation home in BotW3.

Back
Top Bottom