• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Elon Musk and the End of Twitter

Create the headline.

Mine is: “Musk concedes to censor Erdogan’s political opponents ahead of Turkey key elections for financial reasons.”

Sub-headline: “The self-proclaimed free speech absolutist, critical of former platform administration for their content curation, submits to censorship that the former administration had already gotten overturned by Turkish courts.”

Top picture description: “Even Wikipedia is publicly confused by Musk’s peculiar blend of cowardice, aggression, and hypocrisy.”

And he totally doubled down when called out on it:
a9hdoUu.webp

New lawsuit from this week, I haven't read through the full document myself but there's a quick summary of some points in the thread and there's some unsurprising but pretty dire stuff in there. Like employees straight-up saying they were given the choice between breaking the law or quitting.

I don't know exactly how long these will take to get responses but I hope some start getting stronger traction soon given how blatantly illegal everything involved is.

New lawsuit from this week, I haven't read through the full document myself but there's a quick summary of some points in the thread and there's some unsurprising but pretty dire stuff in there. Like employees straight-up saying they were given the choice between breaking the law or quitting.

I don't know exactly how long these will take to get responses but I hope some start getting stronger traction soon given how blatantly illegal everything involved is.

It's nice to see Elmo Moosko getting fucked over by another lawsuit :v

reason why she resigned
https://www.axios.com/2023/06/02/twitter-trust-safety-head-resigns
right around pride month begins

Twitter head of trust and safety Ella Irwin resigned Thursday evening, per multiple sources, after owner Elon Musk publicly rebuked his own staff over a content moderation decision. Twitter staff had decided that a video titled "What is a Woman?" by the Daily Wire's Matt Walsh, a far-right personality who often attacks transgender people, violated the platform's hate-speech rules.

Twitter had recently announced a content deal with the Daily Wire.

When Daily Wire's Jeremy Boreing tweeted a complaint about the decision, saying that the video was barred because it included instances of misgendering, Musk replied: "This was a mistake by many people at Twitter."

https://www.axios.com/2023/06/02/twitter-trust-safety-head-resigns
right around pride month begins

Twitter head of trust and safety Ella Irwin resigned Thursday evening, per multiple sources, after owner Elon Musk publicly rebuked his own staff over a content moderation decision. Twitter staff had decided that a video titled "What is a Woman?" by the Daily Wire's Matt Walsh, a far-right personality who often attacks transgender people, violated the platform's hate-speech rules.

Twitter had recently announced a content deal with the Daily Wire.

When Daily Wire's Jeremy Boreing tweeted a complaint about the decision, saying that the video was barred because it included instances of misgendering, Musk replied: "This was a mistake by many people at Twitter."
Elon is an asshole. I have to wonder why people are still on Twitter at this point. Honestly, just leave. Nothing is going to change for the better and it’s been more exclusionary since he took over, which everyone knew would happen.

I can totally see him making blocking a Twitter Blue only feature or something. At that point the site will be completely unusable.

I can totally see him making blocking a Twitter Blue only feature or something. At that point the site will be completely unusable.
Seriously wondering if him making the site unusable is the plan. So that when people leave and the whole thing tanks he can go "SEE? I TOLD YOU THE LEFTIES WERE TRYING TO RUIN ME!!" and then ask the federal government for bailout money.

another lawsuit has been filed against twitter.

This time for alleged copyright infringement by music publishers.

May I know what would be the reason for the ban? Any policy that got violated as per whatever rules were being changed that led to them stop working?

Thank you for reading.
It’s Twitter’s API. Famicomms, our thread bot that posts to Twitter, had been down for the last couple months, but seems to be functioning again, coincidentally on the same day resetera’s Twitter bots lost their functionality. No idea why just yet.

It’s Twitter’s API. Famicomms, our thread bot that posts to Twitter, had been down for the last couple months, but seems to be functioning again, coincidentally on the same day resetera’s Twitter bots lost their functionality. No idea why just yet.
It's because ass hat musk is taking care of the bot problems seriously fuck that clown

I'm enjoying Mastodon immensely.

As a result, I wonder if I should stop using Twitter pronto, but some of my pen pals are on there so...

Eh, idk.

I'm enjoying Mastodon immensely.

As a result, I wonder if I should stop using Twitter pronto, but some of my pen pals are on there so...

Eh, idk.
I couldn’t really get into Mastodon, but Bluesky is scratching the itch. It may have to do with the specific sorts of people I was following on Twitter.

Elon is an asshole. I have to wonder why people are still on Twitter at this point. Honestly, just leave. Nothing is going to change for the better and it’s been more exclusionary since he took over, which everyone knew would happen.
I saw one person talking about they want to leave Twitter, but can't because they'd lose their green card. Imagine it's a combination of people in that situation and people who want to brown nose Elon

doubt my net since everything including fami comes up instant
Strange...IDK what the problem is then, sorry. Maybe try turning your device on and off again, and if you're on mobile removing Twitter from your device and then installing it again?

I just wish developers, journalists, companies and governments etc. would leave Twitter. As much as I love that I can get certain news from one platform and that it‘s really sad for example for indies, because there is otherwise no easy way to reach audiences, I want to see Twitter burn. There will be no practical alternative as long as we keep that bird alive.

An annoying thing I’ve noticed is that the new badge system also applies to bots, their badges give their replies more priority
I don’t have an account for a while, but I tried to take a look at a post mentioned elsewhere and saw that several people were tagging GPT reply bots, flooding the thread and pushing legit non-verified replies to the bottom
Just awful

An annoying thing I’ve noticed is that the new badge system also applies to bots, their badges give their replies more priority
I don’t have an account for a while, but I tried to take a look at a post mentioned elsewhere and saw that several people were tagging GPT reply bots, flooding the thread and pushing legit non-verified replies to the bottom
Just awful
Almost kinda funny when you consider one of the first things Elon said about why twitter needed to be bought and fixed was to rid it of bots. All he did was make the bots pay-to-play. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom