• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Elon Musk and the End of Twitter

Anybody know why the Doge is appearing on Twitter now?

Was it an April Fool's Day thing that has persisted?
I think less "persisted" and more "was launched two whole days late" because no one there knows how anything works anymore

Might be because of this:

friend-cheer-42.gif

Musko's been sued again. This time by the former CEO and two other former executives over unpaid legal bills. Another lawsuit piled onto of his other lawsuits. Not as big as the ongoing dogecoin lawsuit but still.

You know a social media platform is good when it's absolutely dominated in every aspect by the whims of and in-jokes of its owner/CEO combo overlord.

Musko's been sued again. This time by the former CEO and two other former executives over unpaid legal bills. Another lawsuit piled onto of his other lawsuits. Not as big as the ongoing dogecoin lawsuit but still.

So is he gonna change the twitter logo to the face of the former CEO now?

NPR just posted an article that they’re leaving Twitter all together. Pretty bold move, hopefully more journalist and news organizations follow and move to something like Mastodon.

NPR quits Twitter after being falsely labeled as 'state-affiliated media'

NPR will no longer post fresh content to its 52 official Twitter feeds, becoming the first major news organization to go silent on the social media platform. In explaining its decision, NPR cited Twitter's decision to first label the network "state-affiliated media," the same term it uses for propaganda outlets in Russia, China and other autocratic countries.

What really annoys me is the ridiculous fawning from the press over this pathetic, attention-seeking, immoral dickhead.
It was never "Jack Dorsey's Twitter" yet it's always, always "Elon Musk's Twitter", "Elon Musk's Tesla" and "Elon Musk's SpaceX".
What the actual fuck?

What really annoys me is the ridiculous fawning from the press over this pathetic, attention-seeking, immoral dickhead.
It was never "Jack Dorsey's Twitter" yet it's always, always "Elon Musk's Twitter", "Elon Musk's Tesla" and "Elon Musk's SpaceX".
What the actual fuck?
Marketing working as intended. Editors love it when a human face with a habit of making provocative comments is attached to a company, it makes illustrating news stories about technical stuff so much easier. You’d think news agencies would have learned by now not to feed these attention-seekers what they need, but I guess the 24-7 news cycle loves something that keeps generating stupidity and then generating all the comments and opinion pieces interpreting exactly how stupid it is.

Last edited:
Twitter just labelled the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) as government funded media too. Ugh. Hopefully they stop posting as well.

Link

Microsoft's set to drop Twitter from its advertising program next Tuesday. Musko's response? Threatening a lawsuit lmao.
Essentially going to be a tech version of DeSantis vs Disney if he dares lmao.

so twitter posts are now poofing and re appearing on my end and blue checks are glitching the fuck out

meh, this stunt is still likely going to backfire anyways like every other desperate measure Elon has been trying to do in regards to Twitter. Microsoft dropping twitter from its advertising platform and Elon reacting with threats of a lawsuit (which he would automatically lose since suing Microsoft is a death trap like trying to screw over Disney lmao) is just simply another whammy he gets.

if by some miracle Elon gets forced to sell twitter and the new owner is genuine, they should start by permanently banning Elon and removing Twitter Blue and all checkmarks relating to it, with ofc no refunds for those that moronically bought into it :>

Wait is that the real Patton Oswalt or..?
I saw Patton Oswalt exiting the movie theater when I went to go see Parasite in 2019. No lie. I was surprised, so I stared out the window like a weirdo as he left, just to make sure it was him. 😅 I regret not saying hello, but I also didn't wanna bother him, tbh

I saw Patton Oswalt exiting the movie theater when I went to go see Parasite in 2019. No lie. I was surprised, so I stared out the window like a weirdo as he left, just to make sure it was him. 😅 I regret not saying hello, but I also didn't wanna bother him, tbh
I was waiting for the story to end with him noticing you staring at him then stopping and staring back 😅

I was waiting for the story to end with him noticing you staring at him then stopping and staring back 😅
He took a quick glance at me (at least, I'm 85% sure he looked right at me), and then immediately looked away. 🙃 I left that bit out, but it's why I called myself a weirdo, lmao. I think the more socially appropriate thing to do would be to at least say hello, but I just stared out the window, since I was stuck in "Wait, is that seriously Patton Oswalt?" mode. I've always loved King of Queens, and Ratatouille is my favorite Pixar movie.

He took a quick glance at me (at least, I'm 85% sure he looked right at me), and then immediately looked away. 🙃 I left that bit out, but it's why I called myself a weirdo, lmao. I think the more socially appropriate thing to do would be to at least say hello, but I just stared out the window, since I was stuck in "Wait, is that seriously Patton Oswalt?" mode. I've always loved King of Queens, and Ratatouille is my favorite Pixar movie.
Boooo, he missed the opportunity for a golden comedy moment

I genuinely sometimes do wonder how much the Twitter traffic Musk shows to people (including (potential) business partner) is inflated by people just checking in to see the newest major fail in his mismanagement.

Back
Top Bottom