• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Elon Musk and the End of Twitter

Anyone want to bet Elon will be losing the CEO position soon? lulz :d
He's already working on it

No one wants to buy Twitter, it's a money pit.

Literally with the debt he inflicted on them and the banks are probably still trying to offload their investment

He's already working on it

That was fast lmao. Whoever becomes the new owner should start by banning Elon lmao. But then again, the one buying it will probably just be a pro-Elon fool lmao.

Burn motherfucker, burn.
DK5FdPs.jpeg

I can't believe it's dead so soon. Well done, Elon. I hope you can laugh about this as much as we do.

I'm not sure how liquid Elon is, I'm guessing less than we may think, but it's still depressing knowing that if Twitter evaporated overnight and he lost his entire investment, the full value of one of the world's most important social medias would only lose him a quarter of his net worth.

ye it's likely the end of the line for Twitter unless someone else manages to salvage the thing (which I assume would almost be impossible) which would also require Elon to fully give up Twitter and so on.

Last edited:
The conversation went from people "quiet quitting" to "quitting really fuckin loudly" and I'm doin a big ole enjoy

I'm not sure how liquid Elon is, I'm guessing less than we may think, but it's still depressing knowing that if Twitter evaporated overnight and he lost his entire investment, the full value of one of the world's most important social medias would only lose him a quarter of his net worth.
If Twitter goes, I'm betting Tesla stock continues to go down. It's leveled off for now but he's probably going to need to dump stock again. And the banks and everyone else he conned into joining this venture aren't going to be happy with him either. So there's going to be lawsuits a plenty coming out of this.

The conversation went from people "quiet quitting" to "quitting really fuckin loudly" and I'm doin a big ole enjoy
As a software engineer I don't think I've ever been more proud of people in my profession than today. It's no mass unionization but it's inspiring to see so many people collectively assert their worth like this.

If you still have an account, this is probably a very ethical time to tweet a lot since each tweet brings the platform ever so closer to complete collapse.

thinking about it now, no one would ever bother buying twitter after this crap lmao.

Although maybe except Big Tech lmao. (which they likely wont since they'll lose money lmao)

ye tbh, thinking about it now, the only way for twitter to even survive is if one of Big Tech like Microsoft or Amazon buys twitter from Musk lmao.

But I don't think even they would want to touch that thing lmao.

It would be cheaper and potentially more lucrative for a big company to try to make a replacement than buy Twitter at this point.

I hear there are a lot of recently available, very experienced workers who could help with that sort of thing.

Apparently the lead designers and web engineers for Twitter Blue are all gone so if the website does happen to survive to whatever the relaunch day was, well that ain't happening.

Apparently the lead designers and web engineers for Twitter Blue are all gone so if the website does happen to survive to whatever the relaunch day was, well that ain't happening.
Twitter Blue? More like Twitter Boom lmao.

ok I'll stop lmao

Twitter dying would be horrible for me honestly. I follow so many people there who as far as I know only have a Twitter so it would be a major loss to just lose them all of a sudden.

Well there's the new Acquisition War then
Then again, I don't think anyone else in Big Tech would even try lul. And frankly, Microsoft does sort of have potential to gain from acquiring twitter from Elon out of all of them.

tho that's just me being naive af.

Twitter dying would be horrible for me honestly. I follow so many people there who as far as I know only have a Twitter so it would be a major loss to just lose them all of a sudden.
Yeah I joke but honestly I don't want twitter to die, I want Elon's experiment to die and for twitter to rehabilitate after. I follow so many artists that the splintering of it would suck for me, too. But honestly I'm also thinking of all the people, protestors, all sorts of movements that use twitter to communicate and get their message out. I doubt Discord will have quite the same function.

Yeah I joke but honestly I don't want twitter to die, I want Elon's experiment to die and for twitter to rehabilitate after. I follow so many artists that the splintering of it would suck for me, too. But honestly I'm also thinking of all the people, protestors, all sorts of movements that use twitter to communicate and get their message out. I doubt Discord will have quite the same function.
Hell, half of the shit that gets posted on forums is basically embedded Tweets. That's a large swathe of the internet going poof, in a way that hasn't happened in a good while. The closest event I can think of is when Photobucket started their paywall and started blocking embeds/hotlinks to accounts that were over quota.

Hell, half of the shit that gets posted on forums is basically embedded Tweets. That's a large swathe of the internet going poof, in a way that hasn't happened in a good while. The closest event I can think of is when Photobucket started their paywall and started blocking embeds/hotlinks to accounts that were over quota.
yyyup

Speaking of which

Back
Top Bottom