• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Elon Musk and the End of Twitter

I registered yesterday for cohost, but can’t post yet. Excited to have an alternative as Twitter continues to collapse. Just sad and angry he bought Twitter, burdened it with debt (why is that allowed??), and is running it to the ground.

Rolling Stone: Right-Wingers Are Already Turning on Elon Musk

“Why is it in anyway part of Twitter’s goal to ‘combat hate’? Or have anything to do with election integrity?” tweeted right wing Youtuber Lauren Chen. “This is not sounding like a triumph for free speech,” she added.

Pizzagate conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec expressed outrage, as well, tweeting at Musk that “every member of this group of ‘divergent views’ called for Trump to be censored while he was the sitting President of the United States.” Other reactionary conservatives like Mike Cernovich, Tom Fitton, and Sean Davis criticized Musk’s decision to speak to members of civil rights organizations, also taking issue with their ideological standpoints of the people Musk was consulting. Turning Point USA’s Benny Johnson advised Musk to fire Yoel Roth to “restore trust” in the platform.
Link

Well. That was faster than expected.

Burn.

I feel for those being let go. I do, having lived through layoffs myself. It sucks. A lot of talent there and I'm hoping that it can be used for the betterment of like, you know, actual shit, rather than the society destroying trash that is social media.

Burn, motherfucker.

is this that "cancel culture" the right always screams about?

Very glad Twitter HQ is in California since workers have a ton of protections for garbage unannounced mass layoffs. Great thread worth reading.

Was reading tonight he plans to gut infrastructure costs by cutting servers and such. If it doesn’t happen sooner, I’m expecting The Game Awards night to destroy Twitter for days.

Was reading tonight he plans to gut infrastructure costs by cutting servers and such. If it doesn’t happen sooner, I’m expecting The Game Awards night to destroy Twitter for days.
Yes, here's the story by Reuters confirming this.

He's in for one hell of a ride.

The best thing about this week is everyone realizing in the amount of time he’s had to get ready for this Elon absolutely has no business plan or ideas on how to stop the money hemorrhaging problem (along with plenty of others) he now has on his hands.

This was a completely self-inflicted wound because of one man’s ego and privilege. I’m honestly shocked he’s managed to hang on this long.

On a tangential note, I wonder if this will get other investors to start paying attention to tech stocks that have rarely or never been profitable and start asking questions about why that is.

I’m willing to bet money the site doesn’t survive Election Day next week. Conveniently that’s the day after his deadline 🤣🤣🤣

German lawyer Chan-jo Jun tweeted this yesterday:

The TL;DR is that Twitter is going to court in Germany on November 24 after an injunction has been filed against the company for failing to delete and/or tolerating content that is illegal under German law.

BREAKING: shiraz, Twitter Gaming's Social Lead has been let go

The best thing about this week is everyone realizing in the amount of time he’s had to get ready for this Elon absolutely has no business plan or ideas on how to stop the money hemorrhaging problem (along with plenty of others) he now has on his hands.

This was a completely self-inflicted wound because of one man’s ego and privilege. I’m honestly shocked he’s managed to hang on this long.

On a tangential note, I wonder if this will get other investors to start paying attention to tech stocks that have rarely or never been profitable and start asking questions about why that is.

I’m willing to bet money the site doesn’t survive Election Day next week. Conveniently that’s the day after his deadline 🤣🤣🤣
Ah yeah that’s the day. Was trying to think of the next big event for tweeting.

It's amazing Tesla has stayed afloat as long as it has. I know part of that is their stock price is significantly, and very recently, overvalued, but with stupid decisions like the Twitter debacle how on earth did Tesla not crash and burn. Did Musk just happen to be at the right place at the right time (and with no significant competition)?
From what I've heard, Tesla has some practices that are questionable at-best, one of them presenting tech that they're extremely unlikely to implement but can be seen as environmentally friendly and thus getting subsidies from the state of California, as well as locking features behind externally controlled firmware.

That said, Tesla also went for a while being unchallenged in the field of EVs and unlike Twitter which, like any free social media, is just a data crawler, actually makes tangible products.

Fuck this man and anyone who puts him up on a pedestal.

I can't believe he's so dense as to not even do layoffs right, he deserves every ounce of that lawsuit.

So "employees complaining of loss of moderation tools," followed by "massive uptick in hate speech," followed by "advertisers leaving twitter so as to not be associated with the hate speech" is actually:

"nothing has changed with moderation and advertisers are leaving due to activist pressure" 🙄

Good lord, where would we be without this straight-shooter telling it like it is?

Good lord, where would we be without this straight-shooter telling it like it is?
IZW_8Zm-7ixy6f6GqQd0tL5ZHYYPPVUsbwjE-3Bb9Fw.jpg

So "employees complaining of loss of moderation tools," followed by "massive uptick in hate speech," followed by "advertisers leaving twitter so as to not be associated with the hate speech" is actually:

"nothing has changed with moderation and advertisers are leaving due to activist pressure" 🙄

Good lord this dude has not just lost the plot, he dropped the fucking book and is drunkenly rambling about shit outside the library.

@Dardan Sandiego That Trump tweet appears to be fake.

Sorry to interrupt your discussion, but I found this: Will Musk's twitter outlast a lettuce? 🤣

image0.jpg

Who didn't see this coming?

Welcome to hell Elon. A finger on the monkeys paw just curled up and if you break it, we'll, you bought it.

Does he have enough shares in Telsa to sell off? That's what I'm curious about... Man lives off debt..

FgzT-FwXoAcUN9C

'Thermonuclear name & shame' lmao, yeah I'm sure the advertisers will come back if you set your weird fanboys on them.

FgzT-FwXoAcUN9C

'Thermonuclear name & shame' lmao, yeah I'm sure the advertisers will come back if you set your weird fanboys on them.
Yeah, nothing says ‘competent management’ quite like vague threats of explosive-themed revenge.

All social networks come to an end. But not everyone will have a meltdown so public and expensive as Twitter.

I've noticed a serious uptick in hate and conspiracy theory on the site recently. Was reading something about Aaron Carter (RIP) and half the replies under the tweet were talking about how "The Jews/K***s" murdered him blah blah blah. They are getting way more bold. :/

oh god

Is Yuji Naka agreeing with Musk? 😩😩😩

Anyone chomping at the bit for "content monetization on Twitter" is in for a world of shock when the terms of the agreement are revealed. Elon is thirsty for cash and I fully expect it's going to be a 90/10 cut in favor of Twitter at best.

I still have twitter for switch and uh y'know

I can get my uh y'know in a lot of places but I'll lose my bookmarks, and switch obviously has no alternatives

holding out for him to turn it over again but I'm starting to think that won't happen

I still have twitter for switch and uh y'know

I can get my uh y'know in a lot of places but I'll lose my bookmarks, and switch obviously has no alternatives

holding out for him to turn it over again but I'm starting to think that won't happen

You can copy any videos and screenshots to your PC by plugging the Switch in, or use the "Send to mobile device" to download them in your phone, then post them anywhere you want. It's less convenient, but it's free and the police can't stop you.

You can copy any videos and screenshots to your PC by plugging the Switch in, or use the "Send to mobile device" to download them in your phone, then post them anywhere you want. It's less convenient, but it's free and the police can't stop you.
y'know that's a good point

I don't need to post stuff instantly

I will definitely lose the ability to make posts for the lobby which is a bummer

Back
Top Bottom