• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Elon Musk and the End of Twitter

I wonder how many of those were the ones Elon decided to pay for like Stephen King’s…

Sorry for the triple post, but turns out everyone legit verified is still actually legit verified. All they did was hide the checkmark in the UI lol.

ae0.jpg

Elon accidentally doxxed his burner and people may have found it. It's... um......... (cw for NSFW text in an image on the first tweet)

I understand this term is often hyperbolized and used too freely, but I genuinely cannot think of any way to describe this other than some psycho shit. He's 51.

This is all going to lead to some incredibly undignified public breakdown, isn't it.

musk facing up against dril on twitter needs some serious final boss soundtrack work
Give it to Toby Fox, he can provide the delicate mix of absurd and epic this needs.

Elon accidentally doxxed his burner and people may have found it. It's... um......... (cw for NSFW text in an image on the first tweet)

I understand this term is often hyperbolized and used too freely, but I genuinely cannot think of any way to describe this other than some psycho shit. He's 51.

I wouldn’t call it psycho myself, but having a fake account up to replying to himself is definitely very rich coming from a man whose stated goal with the platform at the outset was getting rid of fake accounts (after trying to wriggle out of the buy-out citing Twitter having inflated numbers of actual people on the platform) and “pursuing truth”.

I wouldn’t call it psycho myself, but having a fake account up to replying to himself is definitely very rich coming from a man whose stated goal with the platform at the outset was getting rid of fake accounts (after trying to wriggle out of the buy-out citing Twitter having inflated numbers of actual people on the platform) and “pursuing truth”.
This doesn’t seem too far off from Trump having an alias that he used to promote himself

The psycho part comes from the fact that he's a 51 year old man pretending to be his estranged 2 year old son. Between the divorce and being terminally online, his brain's gone to mush

What really annoys me is the ridiculous fawning from the press over this pathetic, attention-seeking, immoral dickhead.
It was never "Jack Dorsey's Twitter" yet it's always, always "Elon Musk's Twitter", "Elon Musk's Tesla" and "Elon Musk's SpaceX".
What the actual fuck?
Unfortunately it's happened to Bluesky Social with regards to Jack Dorsey's involvement, despite the fact that Jack is barely involved (it's run by a team of incredibly smart, experienced people who aren't libertarian techbros, Jack doesn't really have much say or authority over it) and he has practically written off Bluesky because he disgrees with the direction they're going in and the Bluesky team has publicly confirmed that they're moving in a different direction from what Jack wanted. And yet any news about Bluesky inevitably has Jack's name on it and any discussion that crops up about it that I've seen people inevitably write it off because Jack Dorsey is involved. He's the face of Bluesky right now despite being barely involved, and that's seriously tainting the conversation around it.

I am impressed you managed to somehow avoid dril for years until a niche nintendo forum introduced him to you
I avoided twitter for years until all the artists I followed on DeviantArt for decades jumped shop and went there, that's how. 😅

Linda Yaccarino from NBCUniversal is supposedly going to be the new CEO of twitter.
Ah the old "Hire a female CEO to clean up the mess the boys made and then unceremoniously ditch her" trick. I'm willing to bet that she's going to be the face of stuff that really pisses off the remaining users and then Musk can sack her in 6-12 months and roll back into the CEO suite since it sounds like he's moving into a CPTO role based on the announcement today, meaning he's not really going anywhere.

It's really funny, apparently the announcement is going over really badly with the alt-right/checkmark crowd, because not only is the new CEO a woman, she's also "too woke" for them because she's not a COVID denier. So apparently there's already a lot of infighting going on over there, they didn't even need to start scapegoating her.

It's really funny, apparently the announcement is going over really badly with the alt-right/checkmark crowd, because not only is the new CEO a woman, she's also "too woke" for them because she's not a COVID denier. So apparently there's already a lot of infighting going on over there, they didn't even need to start scapegoating her.
They also hate that she's the chair of the World Economic Forum.

Create the headline.

Mine is: “Musk concedes to censor Erdogan’s political opponents ahead of Turkey key elections for financial reasons.”

Sub-headline: “The self-proclaimed free speech absolutist, critical of former platform administration for their content curation, submits to censorship that the former administration had already gotten overturned by Turkish courts.”

Top picture description: “Even Wikipedia is publicly confused by Musk’s peculiar blend of cowardice, aggression, and hypocrisy.”

Back
Top Bottom