• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Elon Musk and the End of Twitter

It’s back.
HNIohSE.jpg

Yeah every time I click an image to enlarge it, it's also broken lol.

You can still open it up in a new tab but still...days since incident: 0

Last edited:
The way so many people are sticking to this sinking ship of Twitter really does give me Majora's Mask vibes. It doesn't matter how bad a situation gets, people will just cling to what they know until the absolute last.

Not that I'm using this analogy to deride anyone still using Twitter. It's just kinda sad.

The way so many people are sticking to this sinking ship of Twitter really does give me Majora's Mask vibes. It doesn't matter how bad a situation gets, people will just cling to what they know until the absolute last.

Not that I'm using this analogy to deride anyone still using Twitter. It's just kinda sad.

Well you have to look at it from a number of different perspectives

Twitter has been around for years and years, and with that comes certain communities of followings and mutuals that aren't quite as easy to let go for many. Yes we have discord but it's not the same in some aspects.

Plus Twitter has been good at getting first looks at news, networking for some industries, and even just communication for professional reasons via DM.

That's why these other smaller alternatives like Hive, Mastodon etc haven't really popped off despite Twitter's downhill trajectory and (imo) eventual downfall.

Well you have to look at it from a number of different perspectives

Twitter has been around for years and years, and with that comes certain communities of followings and mutuals that aren't quite as easy to let go for many. Yes we have discord but it's not the same in some aspects.

Plus Twitter has been good at getting first looks at news, networking for some industries, and even just communication for professional reasons via DM.

That's why these other smaller alternatives like Hive, Mastodon etc haven't really popped off despite Twitter's downhill trajectory and (imo) eventual downfall.
Well if Twitter keeps falling like this, at some point something is gonna take its place. People can only take things so long before even they crack. It won't be some overnight thing, of course, but something a bit more.

Well if Twitter keeps falling like this, at some point something is gonna take its place. People can only take things so long before even they crack. It won't be some overnight thing, of course, but something a bit more.

At some point indeed

but we aren't there yet. Until then everyone is riding the sinking ship to the end lol.

“unintended consequences” is industry speak for “the people who wrote this code are gone and no one here has had enough time to understand it, and btw we sacked the QA department because we’re hardcore now”

jesus tapdancing motherfuckin christ

I mean I guess we knew this was coming but still, there it is. Fuck.

This is a really awful idea that will probably lead to some hilarious trolling and more advertisers backing out.

I don’t know why another one of the big tech companies don’t try to replicate it. Mastodon and Hive ain’t it.

Actually a good idea, because now with only verified users For You is now exclusively the For You To Block tab.

(The poll thing is trash and we all knew it would happen after we all voted him off the platform)

his shenanigans will backfire as usual, I'm impressed Twit is still stubborn and is still running.

The day when Muskyboy finally truly "loses" in regards to Twit will be great.

Unfortunately even if he loses, Twit will likely hang on (if it wasnt evident by the fact that every other attempt at being the new Twitter all failed) but will essentially need extensive rebuilding from any new proper owners.

Actually a good idea, because now with only verified users For You is now exclusively the For You To Block tab.

(The poll thing is trash and we all knew it would happen after we all voted him off the platform)
I mean for me the For You is garbage because I don't find people through twitter, I usually see their art or stuff elsewhere and then discover twitter is the only platform they're on and then follow them and exclusively filter by people I follow. So I won't really be affected, but I'm just thinking about all the artists who will now get ZERO visibility because of this and I fuckin hurt.

someone potentially wake me up when karma finally and truly happens in regards to Musky's actions towards Twitter.

I’m a bit worried by some indies studios going Twitter Blue just when their game is closing to release or when they launch a Kickstarter, all the while pretending to care about LGBTQs when the musc is supporting immense bigots, homophobes and transphobes.

And the funny (?) thing is starting next week, the « For you » section of Twitter will be for Twitter Blue members, so mostly bigots and assholes.

This stunt is going to backfire heavily as usual anyways. Stubborn fuck should just give up and sell Twitter again so he can fuck off with the money he can barely scrape back after essentially getting ripped off.

Seems like legacy verification is still in place, wondering if the cancelation was walked back.

Seems like legacy verification is still in place, wondering if the cancelation was walked back.
The top 10,000 businesses got to keep their checkmarks. I wonder if they did something similar for the biggest celebrities when they realized no one cared for paying.

The top 10,000 businesses got to keep their checkmarks. I wonder if they did something similar for the biggest celebrities when they realized no one cared for paying.
Could be, but I’ve noticed some figures that would surprise me to be in that group, like Doug Bowser or this guy:

NYT lost their checkmark. Not that matters to me since I don't even like them to begin with. Besides, the checkmark is now more of a badge of shame than anything meaningful in which they frankly never were.

But still, the day of reckoning really can't come soon enough for Twit and Elon. Stubbornly continues to hang on.

It’s funny because, from the way Twitter blue was initially pushed, to “give you equal standing” with verified celebrities and whatnot, this is exactly what they should have done in the first place from a business perspective. But because they half assed things, and left months open where “legacy” accounts were established as real and blue accounts as fake, doing it at this stage, when check marks are now basically disdained openly and they don’t fill their role of verification, having one has no value anyway.

It’s funny because, from the way Twitter blue was initially pushed, to “give you equal standing” with verified celebrities and whatnot, this is exactly what they should have done in the first place from a business perspective. But because they half assed things, and left months open where “legacy” accounts were established as real and blue accounts as fake, doing it at this stage, when check marks are now basically disdained openly and they don’t fill their role of verification, having one has no value anyway.
ironic/poetic that the checkmark is now essentially a way to shame and mock you these days lmao.

Back
Top Bottom